Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org

Do you want to write in Hindi/Sanskrit?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Hey, I've seen what you do for other people, I wonder if you could give me the Sanskrit translation/symbols for the word "Hinduism". I thought I could find it somewhere on the internet, but...yeah. Thanks!

हिंदुत्त्व

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Hello

 

maybe a little bit to late. Could you tell me if I'm right please? I tried to write Nomy in hindi and this is my result

Nomy ==> no (o like is 'no')

my (y like 'me')

 

I hope I got it right.

 

Thanks

post-7895-138274053408_thumb.gif

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Im getting a tatoo of Shiva, was wondering if you could help translate these things in Sanskrit or Gujarati.

 

First my name: SHEEV (pronouced Shiv)

 

Phrase: Om Namah Shivaya

 

Also if you know any phrases in sanskrit or gujarati that U think I should get tatooed that will compliment my Shiva tatoo, let me know I appreciate the help.

 

Do you think "om namah shivaya" is a good thing to get tatooed under my shiva tatoo?

  • 3 years later...
Posted

Hey, it seems like a lot of people are getting sanskrit tattooed on them in some form or another, and I am one of those people! Its a beautiful language. What I want I haven't been able to find anywhere and am not even sure if it is possible/correct... I would like the phrase "om namah shivaya" BUT.... written vertically, down my spine. I already have the om symbol (underneath the triratna) and just wanted some help breaking up the rest of the phrase so it makes sense...

I have broken it up in this way:

ॐ

न

म

:

शि

वा

य

:

 

and then it will conclude with a lotus blossom at the base of my spine... Is this correct? Is there a reason it should not be written vertically?

Thank you so much for any insight!

-Jamie

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...