IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why is Lord Shiva so scary looking?

Rate this topic

Well, I don't think looks matter when it comes to worship. But God is supposed to be attractive, and I don't find Lord Shiva unattractive either. The way God looks shouldn't matter, but I think making them good looking makes us feel more comfortable. And when it does come to saying Lord Krishna is ugly then seriously get your eyes checked or something because that's just not right. I understand having different tastes in men and all that but it's Krishna, he not any ordinary guy.

I think I had made myself clear, but if not, let me try again. Personally I do not find Lord Krsna as ugly nor do I find Lord Shiva as ugly. But I was talking from the perspective of those for whom looks are important.

Guest guest

remember not to be offencive to each others either.. its not goog.. any ways, Shiva is so loving and mercifull! if He where scary I wouldnt be at Krsna now.. all thnX to Shiva i found Prabhupada and Krsna.. a scary person/personality may never attract the most fallen, only scare them away.. I was attracted to Shiva, and worshiped Him as Lingam, and as my reward He let me find all the Vaisnavas! my love for Shiva is great and hope I can grow the same love for the Lord Govinda sum day!

Aum namah Shivaya!

Hare Krsna!

You know, Lord Shiva does actually have a terrible and fearsome form as i remember reading about it in the Mahabharata by Krishna Dharma. Basically, when Arjuna's pastimes take place in the Heavenly Kingdom, at the request of King Indra, Arjuna goes out to defeat some Demonic Kingdom and in the midst of that Battle he sommons Lord Shivas powerful weapon, and Lord Shiva appears with a terrible form (death & destruction?) and Arjuna actually got really terrified! But this is only one form of Lord Shiva, there are a lot of others...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">yes its called rudra!!! But when he was getting married to Parvati mata her mother had an ego. She was worried about the look of her son-in-law. So shankar bhagawan came in a scsry from then her ego got punctured then he got into his normal lovely from. Shiva is amazing you cannot ever be scared after reading the shiv puran trust me</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>