IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Rate this topic

Has anybody seen this? It's Based on a true story.

I saw it before thought it was very good.

It's a about a girl who get's possessed by Lucifer. I don't want to give the whole story away since you may see it! Anyway it was convincing.

Does anybody get possessed in India like this? And do they start blurting out words in Sanskrit? Or do people just ignore them? They are considered 'Normal members of Society.'

I only know of once instance in India wherein somebody in a Village was avoided due to her having demoniac powers. So people used to visit her in case she 'put a curse on em'.

Personally I never saw anything demoniac. The only time I had a 'a ghost visit me! eek' was when my Auntie passed away. I could feel her presence the day she left this World. It was very very spooky and quite disturbing that a person could see you without knocking on your front door first.

Haven't seen the movie so I don't know but I have read a Christian book that said that Lucifer has already been bound up by the archangel Michael so it is not possible to be truly possesed by Satan or Lucifer. They are being held on a prison planet and will eventually be wiped out of existence unless they show some remorse for leading the rebellion on this planet which they say is unlikely. I know most Vaisnavas I have talked to say their authorities view Satan as a Christian myth. Maybe she was being bothered by some demonic entity and some how she associated that entity with Lucifer or something who knows.

I have personally seen 3 hovering black entities when I was in a mental hospital. I think part of that may have been hallucinations due to the anti-psychotic drugs I was on so I don't if what I saw was real. Don't know for sure if I was possesed or what but I had all sorts of evil thoughts but looking back on it I realize my major problem was that I had too much attachment for my girlfriend who ended up cheating on me and that caused me all sorts of anger and other negative feelings that either let in an entity from some other plane or just brought out the negative aspect of my own nature. Ultimately it was my own fault for getting involved with a slutty woman. Lesson learned, Prabhupada was definelty right when he said women can be the doorway to hell.

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS POST AS IT CONTAINS SPOILER OF THIS MOVIE.

-

In the movie there is a part wherein the girl tells the priest that she was being attacked by the demons inside her body. And she wonderered into a Farm. Then at that time she saw Mother Mary who told he she would be doing a good job if she would carry on because through her people would find out there is a devil so there also must be god. The girl agreed to the proposal.

--

It's nice to hear something like that.

Guest guest

I've seen this film and while it is based on a true story, what you see in the film isn't the truth. For a start the names and locations have been changed. There was no Emily Rose in real life, but the story is based on a German girl named Anneliese Michel who was believed to be posessed. German filmmakers were not happy with the Emily Rose film and are making their own 'truer' version.

You can read more about the real Emily Rose (Anneliese Michel) at the link below (copy to your browser) and how the case really was.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Rose

It is believed that there are real possession cases in India, where the possessed blurt out word in different languages, not just Indian languages. I remember seeing a documentary where an indian woman was being excorcised by a Tantric baba. I think it's usually the Tantrics and Shaivites that carry out excorcisms, I don't know what Vaishnavas do or of they do not believe in it, but lord Rama did fight demons in Ramayana. Who knows whether it's real or not, I think you have to experience it to know the truth.

During Navratri at garba time, some Gujarati women appear to be posessed by the mother goddess (they call this Mata-ji). They starts dancing in a frenzy, very fast and all of a sudden, get this almost 'supernatural' energy, that does appear quite weird. It's as if something takes over their body for a while. Either they really are possessed or they are just good actors. ;)