IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Forum Down Time

Rate this topic

Sorry for the forum down time. One of the server's harddrives became full resulting the database becoming corrupted. It took most of the day to get it working again. There shouldn't be any further problems.

Till yesterday the forums worked very slow and almost got stuck - now it loads real fast, more fast than the old audarya-fellowship board!

I'm also considering making a video archive, but I'm not sure whether anyone would use it. Does anyone have fast enough internet connections to stream full length videos? We would put up all of Srila Prabhupada's recorded videos as well as a lot of other videos on Indian holy places and Hinduism. If anyone would find it usefull, tell me so I will move it up in the priority list.

I'm also considering making a video archive, but I'm not sure whether anyone would use it. Does anyone have fast enough internet connections to stream full length videos? We would put up all of Srila Prabhupada's recorded videos as well as a lot of other videos on Indian holy places and Hinduism. If anyone would find it usefull, tell me so I will move it up in the priority list.

Hari Bolo!

Please Please Please - do post these treasures - without doubt they shall be very popular with most of us! Oh please do it soon - I cannot wait!

YS,

BDM

Could someone please assist me with a bit of technical advice, as I am relatively new to computer technology.

When I wish to respond to a post and use Quote. How do you quote just a segment and not the whole post. And as in some responses a segment is quoted and then later some more segment is quoted and so forth. I would be very grateful if someone could assist me. Thanks.:)

I have those DVD's. You can reduce in size for Broadband dsl etc. If you stream full lenght, I highly doubt anybody except Lan connections devotees can watch them. Their are many Software Programs which convert video files, Windows Movie Maker does it for Free. But it take a long time. But it does work nice.

Tip: if you change the .dat file name to .mpg [just by renaming it] basically this converts the file in one sec. Trying to convert the actual dat. file is very difficult. Renaming takes seconds. I know all this because I tried it before. :D

The dat. file is opened from d:/ drive the dvd drive. It's in one of the folders.

NB: Maybe renaming this way affects the file some kind of displacement in the top of the video. But I am not sure why that happens. Maybe it is my eyes. Anyway good luck.!

Ps. I converted a 700Mb Video file once of Prabhupada to under 30Mbs. And the quality was not bad. I used a Program but I cannot remember what it was called. It was def not Freeware. But it did it really really well. And the sound quality seemed unaffected. Bye Bye

Could someone please assist me with a bit of technical advice, as I am relatively new to computer technology.

When I wish to respond to a post and use Quote. How do you quote just a segment and not the whole post. And as in some responses a segment is quoted and then later some more segment is quoted and so forth. I would be very grateful if someone could assist me. Thanks.:)

In short, use the commands [ quote ] to begin a quote and [ /quote ] to end a quote (but dont include the spaces I put there).