IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

The way we dress..

Rate this topic

I have been in an argument with some people about how we dress and what Krishna thinks about it..

I dress a little dark.. Black is my Favorite color..

These people (Who are not affiliated with any Hindu group) claim that the way I dress is disrespectful..

Personally I dont see why Krishna would care how one would dress.. We all live on this home known as earth.. Every culture has a different variation of clothes they may choose to wear. Should I look down upon others simply because they dont wear what "I" may think disrespectful?

We all should be able to wear what we want to wear and I feel Krishna feels the same way...

AM I correct?

The only place where color of your attire will be a problem as a devotee is in the temple room. I THINK black is not allowed.

Do you mean black shirt and pants, or black everything, goth style?

Black shirts and pants in of themselves are not offensive. Conservative Muslims tend to dress this way.

Kind of Goth... Not heavy though..

I always wear black pants.. Black Trenchcoat..

Shirts vary from Red, Black, White, Blue and Orange and I wear a Bandana to match the shirt color.

I use the term "semi" Goth when I describe my outfits.

Don't worry about it - and if you go to the temple just leave the leather at home {(in the trash if possible) [if someone makes a face at you who cares] - traditionally we do not wear even sown cloth in the Temple - but most do now.

The colors are red and blue these are mentioned in the Nectar of Devotion - but if you go in the right mood - who cares about your clothes as long they are clean and the body isn't [un]covered in an overtly sexual fashion.

Black is cool. What's wrong with black? A Mild Goth look and 'Krishna' can go together - why not?

BDM