Jump to content
IndiaDivine.org

Colour of Sri Ramachandra

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Vishnu Murthies are generally shown a Blue, Krishna for exmaple is described as a dark rain cloud. Howevere iv seen pictures of lord Rama painted in a green colour, is there any reason why??????

Guest guest
Posted

I've never seen Lord Rama in green color.

 

If you have any like this can you post them here? I collect picture of all Krsna's forms.

 

Interesting to know.

 

 

Guest guest
Posted

Pictures iv seen are painted my vaishnava groups such as iskcon who pay attention to details to iconography based on the scriptures, therefore i would assume that the use of green to paint lord rama is significant.

Guest guest
Posted

In some places He is described as the color of a green parrot. In other places as blueish. In different yugas Lord Rama came in different colors. Tulasidas saw him as the color of the blue lotus.

 

Guest guest
Posted

There are indeed some scriptural quotes to the effect that Sri Ramacandra has the complexion of fresh durva grass, hence green. I'm afraid that I am not able to find any of these quotes at the moment.

Guest guest
Posted

I do not know the reason why but here is a photo of Very Green Lord Rama :

 

Posted Image

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...