IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Is Mataji greater ?

Rate this topic

ADDRESS EVERY WOMAN AS MOTHER

Srila Prabhupada

From five years old, if a child istrained to call all women asmother, then naturally his cultureis different. ... This was the prac-tice. Not only religiously, butmorally. It is so good, to look uponall women as mother. That is thesystem still in India, any unknown woman whohas no introduction with you, she is addressed with “mataja".She may be just like a daughter or a granddaughter, but still, as a respect to the woman, one would address her as mother,“mataji".This is the Indian system.

Now somerascals have introduced “bhaginiji":“sister”. But that is not sastric. In the sastra, all women except one’s wife should be addressed as mother.

(Lecture in Los Angeles. 7 January 1974)

Any woman except one’s wife is mother. It doesn’t matter whether she is elderly or young. Still in India, one can address any unknown woman with “mother”. The first relationship is mother. Now they have introduced “sister”,“bahinjini".No, that is not Vedic etiquette. No“bahinji".We should learn this.

Except for one’sone wife, all women should be addressed as “mother”. This is civilization. Then there will be no corrupt relations. If from the very beginning, you establish your relationship with other women as mother, then there is no question of another relationship.

(Lecture in Los Angeles. 13 July 1974)

Guest guest

Did krishna consider all Gopi as His Mothers?

It would be better if we follow Krishna and consider all women as our "lovers" or girlfriends

The following sentence by some guest is the most abusive I could say..

>>>It would be better if we follow Krishna and consider all women as our "lovers" or girlfriends

Krishna never looked at other women as His girl friends or Lover as in the present day context of 'girl friends and lovers'... Please clean your mouth for talking such a nonsense even for fun.

To Sree Krishna every body were His children, the time when He played with all the Gopikaas irrespective of their age groups, Krishna'a was in His early teens. He never exploited anyone nor was in such an age group. IN the present day, in the name of friends people do all kinds of nonsense physically that I see in western countries to the largest extent. So Please dont talk nonsensical about Krishna without understanding Baghwatham.

If you really want to follow Krishna, then you have to be literally a Brahmachari by all means...

R

....about affectionately addressing Godsisters and other sisters as Didi, as is the practice in most circles of Gaudiya Math? Is "didi" the same big Maya as "bahiniji"? And are girls also to be addressed as "Mother"?

Calling all females "mataji" sounds like part of rigorous vaidhi bhakti sadhana, not spontaneous.

and I wanted to add that it is not asmuch the word one uses while addressing ladies; more important is the consciousness that goes with it. For some "prabhus" ("masters"), "mataji" may mean "venerable mother." For a lot others the word mataji may have quite different connotations, such as for immature brahmacaris, for whom it may mean "something untouchable." And for lusty persons the word "mataji" may even evoke thoughts of sex-indulgence.

Hare Krishna

and I wanted to add that it is not asmuch the word one uses while addressing ladies; more important is the consciousness that goes with it.

Srila Prabhupada is talking about the consciousness, not just the word.

"Srila Prabhupada is talking about the consciousness, not just the word."

Yes I realize that. Mother Theresa was also a mother. And my sister was just my sister. Never considered calling her mother. But this is another thing.