IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I've converted to Islam!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For me this religions are both the same fanaticism. Alla Akbar VS. Shma Israel

Hare Krishna

Its worthwhile to point out that even Madhva who considers Shankara a demon says he was sent by Lord Shiva.All activities of the demons are made possible by the assent of Primal Demigods and the permissive will of Lord Krishna.

And so... You directly place Srila Madhva's opinion in contradiction to Sri Chaitanya and Padma Puraana. Also, in the quote before it is not mentioned that in the story Tripurasura actually obtained liberation after being killed, so what fault can be there of Muhammad. Anyway this does not matter since it would require great imaginativeness and boldness to question the opinions of Acharyas.

So everything happens by the will of the Lord.

Before you understand the difference between "everything happens with the sanction of Lord" and "carrying out the orders of the Lord" it is futile to discuss this anymore. Such thoughtless big statements without knowing the nature of free will of a jiva only create confusion.

"The difference between advaitins and vaishnavaites is in their exclusivity.There is no advaitin who will say all religions are not one and the same , but for him a person born a shudra is a shudra till his death.But a vaishnavaite is more liberal with regards to caste , but exclusivist with regard to religion."

Very interesting quote; which position do you (or Vivekananda) want to support by this.

Guest guest

To the guest who has converted to Islam. Good that you found something you believe. Not good to be so condescending to other religiouns without seriously practicing them and learning their essence.

By the way, have you ever heard about Food For Life, a worldwide food distribution program fully based on volunteers. They were distributing free meals, risking their lives to people struck by natural and not so natural disasters - in Chechnya, for example.

By the way, Muslims eat beef, right? And one third of all the grains grown in the world every year are used to feed cattle while about one in eight people in the world is starving. Is that "social service"? Is that "limited consumption"?

You can check out FFL website to make sure I didn't make this all up.

Good luck in your spiritual life!

Hare Krishna

Plus we dont know what the situation was at that time.A muslim king was ruling so Chaitanya thought it wise to play along.He didnt want a fight.May be he thought ppl were not prepared for it.

We should always take the Desa,Kala and Patra into account and not blindly accept what was said in the past.

See, we do not like to play mind games. Since you are not at all conversant with the vaishnava philosophy, even though you quote Madhva, it is hard to understand it in context. Coming back to the quote by Vivekananda:

"The difference between advaitins and vaishnavaites is in their exclusivity.There is no advaitin who will say all religions are not one and the same , but for him a person born a shudra is a shudra till his death.But a vaishnavaite is more liberal with regards to caste , but exclusivist with regard to religion."

I know that both yourself and Vivekananda support the advaita position, but was questioning this quote as it does not support the advaita position. A thoughtful person will know that Absolute Truth is unchangelable while relative truth on this plane does not matter. Hence, there is no question of different religions; either the religion is a true religion or it is not. On the other hand, the bodily designations are irrevelant as regards the spiritual platform.

What means by following a religion? In the vaishnava philosophy it is understood in two features (plus another feature of philosophy). One is the codes of law for attainment of the objective (abhideya); the other is the intrinsic function of the soul which is the objective (prayojana). In the neophyte/intermediate stages the second feature is not visible; but when the second feature is known then the first feature is understood to be a part of it.

So when we analyze a particular path both the features have to be seen. We see that the Christian and Muslim religions point to the correct prayojana, though their abhideya have errors. On the other hand the advaita/buddhist philosophies point to the wrong prayojana, and so there is no possibility of analyzing it any further. This is what Lord Chaitanya did; by a scrutinizing analysis of the paths one can determine the errors in the different features and try and correct them. He had no business making peace with Muslim kings or appeasing them; where need be He pointed the various flaws and errors in Islam (as to Chand Kazi).

In Islam there is no personal feature of the God.Like Advaita , they don't mention a personal feature.

You compare two different things altogether. Not mentioning a personal feature is poles apart from saying that jiva is God. In Islam Allah is always talked of as a person to whom the prayers are directed. Not like advaita where there is only some kind of an undefinable super-substance.

Therefore, Srila BhaktiSiddhanta asks us to be completely simple and straightforward and keep distance from those of duplicitous behaviour. Why does he call the advaitins as having a duplicitous behaviour? Because the advaitins will claim that all religions lead to the same (as in above quote) by which they actually mean that sometime or other all will actually come to the advaita platform which is the only correct position; or in other words the other paths are only preliminary steps to reach the advaita philosophy. We have nothing to do with such an attitude.

So the vaishnavas will judge a path by analyzing its different features and then being straightforward about it. So Madhva's statement "Allah and Narayana are one and the same" is also correct and his rubbishing of certain features of Islam is also correct. If the others judge the vaishnavas as being sectarian, then so be it. You see, nowadays in the name of secular/liberal thought all kinds of nonsense are allowed (and encouraged), but this is not our philosophy.

Guest guest

Islam says, "Live and let live." Western/hindu way of thought infringes on other cultures through war, terror, imperialism, crusades, migration etc.

Get real mr i converted to islam, who are the taliban and look at the muslim conquest of india. Full of infindgemnt of other cultures.

Guest guest

I have read that a moslem can be killed for three reasons:

1 If he kills a moslem(which implies if he kills a Hindu or Christian that could be alright or tolerable).

2 Arm robbery.

3 For apostacy ie if he leaves Islam.

This means you are free to become a moslem but never to leave it except of course you want to commit suicide.

The Koran orders moslems to kill christians for the unforgivable crime of association because they say Christ is God and that Mary is the mothher of God. Islam is the only religion I know of which prescribes death for people of other religions. That is why it is so intolerant because its scriptures presribe it. That is why moslems used to destroy Hindhu temples in India and write books glorifying such barbarisms. Moslems always go around with a weapon especially knives and are always ready to kill even other moslems.

Oh why???????

I think brother, you have not read about islam that much. I really dont know where u read that the muslims can only be killed for some misinterpreted reasons that u have given. Actually islam, is a religion which talks of religious tolerance and if u want i can even quote some verses from the holy Qurán on the subject, only if u are interested in seeking the truth.

May God have mercy on all

'IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!!, SO SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH'

Guest guest

"4) Islam says, "Live and let live." Western/hindu way of thought infringes on other cultures through war, terror, imperialism, crusades, migration etc."

Er remember, September 11th, taliban , Abu Hamza (who needs to go back to where he came from, and stop sponging of the UK economy). I know we Hindus are not perefect, no one is!! But to say that we infringe on other cultures through war, terror etc, is like the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!

Here in the UK Muslims have a lot of issues with inetgrating into the wider society and have very low literacy n unmemployment. I do feel sorry for a lot muslims as they live in really ecomically deprived parts of the counetry like the North East england and have got a lot of rubish and discrimination aftr 9/11. But iv seen the community not to help itself, a lot of the problems with muslims here is that they dont wonna admit there own faults an blame the government and racism for evrything, like not having respect for britains mullicultural society, on Eid here in manchester Muslim lads go round shoutin racail abuse at non-muslims n whites. And after 9/11 i personally witnessed opened support for osama bin laden. Abu hamza or wotvea his name is (guy with the hook hand), was concluding friday namaz with his extremist sermons which he calls islamic- live n let live????? BUt he represents a fraction of your religion and many muslims are ok n i have no issues with them. SO dont make statements about Hinduism which are not based on proper fact!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

Of the three great cultures, namely hindu, western and Islamic, I've chosen Islam because:

1) It is based on compassion, unlike Hindu/western which centers on exploitation

4) Islam says, "Live and let live." Western/hindu way of thought infringes on other cultures through war, terror, imperialism, crusades, migration etc.

So in that case why has Islam invaded and destroyed the holy places of others throughout all of its recorded history? It seems that you people go through a cycle of murder, rape, and pillaging, interspersed with propaganda about how allegedly compassionate you are (except of course, to your victims), only to repeat it all over again.

Guest guest

Look at the history of the Zoroastrians(parsis) who live in Bombay/South Gujerat they feld Islamic invaders, form their native Persia and found shelter in Hindu India!!

1 If he kills a moslem(which implies if he kills a Hindu or Christian that could be alright or tolerable).

2 Arm robbery.

This means you are free to become a moslem but never to leave it except of course you want to commit suicide.

The Koran orders moslems to kill christians for the unforgivable crime of association because they say Christ is God and that Mary is the mothher of God. Islam is the only religion I know of which prescribes death for people of other religions. That is why it is so intolerant because its scriptures presribe it. That is why moslems used to destroy Hindhu temples in India and write books glorifying such barbarisms. Moslems always go around with a weapon especially knives and are always ready to kill even other moslems.

Oh why???????

If you compare the behavior of Indian Muslims with that of Indian Hindus in Rama temple dispute, you'll conclude that they are similar for their Indian attribute is more outstanding. In other words, They are Indians labelled with "Muslim" & "Hindu". Moreover, dif. persons make up of either Muslims & Hindus, & dif. sects make up of either Islam & Hinduism. So it's easy to find peaceful Muslims & it's absurd to say whether a Hindu sect is right or not.

Guest guest

asalam al leikum

namaste

hare krsna

shalom

peace be with you

first see that you are human

what does the One and only God say in every sacred script that you can ever read? ......GOD SAYS LOVE

......and to each other we give greetings of peace

religion is important to a person's identity and their salvation......live a good life in the name of God, live it in the way you feel is most correct for God's approval

----we should insult or assult others who are doing the same, trying to live good and do good for the One and Only G-d.

i think it is good to believe strongly in a religion and live that best life. but i think we should hypocritical to the beliefs in the religion. and im sure you who read this have a religion and your religion says, peace, love, tolerance, compassion, do good and be good......it does not matter how you do it....just do it.....do good and be good.....in any language, faith, country or culture

peace and love to all my brothers and sisters and you are all truly my brothers and sisters.

Guest guest

one year ago i converted to Islam. I am happy and i never felt such an assured peace. but i also have seen many difficulties because of this action of converting.

it is not so necessary to know the definiton of islam and Muhammad (S.A.) in order to understand the religion, it is deeper than that. you must know how Islam will change your entire life. you must experience it, go to your community mosque make a friend, cover for just one week. in america you will come quick to know what the Prophet went through his oppression and stuggle, and by the people in the mosque u will feel the love, peace, hapiness and contentment that Islam means to be, by submisson to God the hardest of your times.

Guest guest

if you want peace no other religion gives it except Hinduism Friends please delve deeply into Hinduism especially the Tattvada philosophy of Sri Madhwacharya

and you will find true peace. Hindusim is the the oldest and the only true religion on earth.

I don't think you know what your doing. You are one of those weak kids who go university and get converted. Not saying what your doing is wrong, but think about it.

2 Arm robbery.

Oh why???????

Know anything about this guest? I do not see the point of telling people either that you're a mulim because thats not a wise thing to say on a hindu website, and after the Varanasi bombings, akshardham killings (you lot killed sadhus,that is an unbearable sin), you drove into the place where ram bhagawan was born. You have some nerve! I applaud you for that but not your ignorance. I heard that in the koran it says if your not muslim you will go to hell, be shred to pieces, brought back to life completely, boiled and eaten and then this goes round in a circle. Well? I'm not trying to convert you but tell you the truth.

Guest guest

I heard that in the koran it says if your not muslim you will go to hell, be shred to pieces, brought back to life completely, boiled and eaten and then this goes round in a circle. Well? I'm not trying to convert you but tell you the truth.

I have heard this. And yet some naive ecumencalists within Sanatana Dharma still think the Koran is yet another inspired scripture. Hindus who think all religions are basically the same are sincerely misguided? have they ever read the Bible and Koran?

Guest guest

"That is why I choose Islam-it is based on ethical values. Go to any Islamic country and even strangers give you accommodation at cheaper rates, whether you are hindu or western or buddhist or whatever. There is no discrimination. You cant say the same thing about other nations."

I hope you didn't choose Islam just because they gave you cheaper accommodation !!!

Guest guest

I hope you didn't choose Islam just because they gave you cheaper accommodation !!!

it's good enough reason to switch your car insurance, why not your religion? ;)

Guest guest

oh my Krsna.. why answer his statements? he dont know what hes talking about, so why encourage him to speak?

Guest guest

last i checked this was a vaisnava forum, dont the muslims have there own? why come here to bad-mouth our faith?

Guest guest

The person who started this thread is most likely a muslim, who was never a Hindu in the first place. Muslims visit many forums on the Internet and start threads like this in order to fool people.

Any Hindu who truly understands their religion would never convert to Islam or any other religion for that matter.

Guest guest

Read all about Islam and the Quran here. This is a very good site by ex-muslims.

faithfreedom.org