IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ancient_paztriot

Chrissie Hynde - Closet Krsna

Rate this topic

Better late than never. I just came across this:

Posted Image

Chrissie Hynde ® of the rock group the Pretenders, protests against red meat at a demonstration with Hare Krishna members in Brasilia, September 26, 2003. Hynde is in Brazil to participate in the Brasilia Music Festival. REUTERS/Jamil Bittar

© REUTERS

Shes been at it since her great band played. Many years. Musicians, especially thoughtful ones (as opposed to the pablum pop stars) gravitate to the real music coming from the spiritual strata.

The Pretenders, now thats a group I always forget to mention when I talk about this kinda stuff, and to my great discredit.

Makes me wanna listen to Damn the torpedoes by tom petty ( a great friend of Ms. Hynde), another closet devotee. (via george, the musicians siksa).

I feel like a refuge.

And I'm not sure how closeted she is. Does anyone remember how she introduced Harrison at the Dylan celebration several years ago? It went very much like this: "Are you ready for another guitar hero? (pause) Hare Krishna! (pause) George Harrison!"

… was known as George Harrison's close friend. George's death impressed on me that Tom Petty was closer than I thought (to George).

Is Tom into the philosophy - if not the mood - of KC ? I've never heard him comment on it.

I'd like to hear of his devotional situation. I'm curious. You know, what's the news?

Guest guest

Axl Rose from Guns 'n' Roses, Robbie Williams, Michael Jackson, Rock Band Queen HK devotees-because their songs are so sublime in quality, as if Kishna is singing through their mouths?

Dja know that roy orbison was "crying, over YOU" as well. Talk about the pre-hippie devotees, no one has any comment about gene pitney, my fave, who I met at a temple in 1969. mahak