IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

can we trust Krishna?

Rate this topic

I say 'yes'. We can and have to trust Krishna. It's actually fun, surrendering. We all have to surrender anyways.

You know, it's extremely funny that you ask this question: I just lost my job today and the whole day I have been thinking in what direction Krishna will send me now. Another job is and has never been an option just because I have always trusted so i'm very curious as to what the next chapter of my life will be and I'm not going for anything less than complete service.

Ofcourse, this service always asks for certain sacrifices and that's exactly where my trust and how far i'm willing to go with that will come peeping in.

You know: sometimes it seems like trusting Krishna 100% comes pretty close to being a madman. Being guided is fun but can no doubt be very scary.

Anyways: why do YOU think that you can't trust Krishna ? Maybe you're just not ready yet to completely let go of this world.

I wouldn't immediately think of it as something being wrong with you. i've saw quite some posts of you already and it looks like your devotion to Krishna is pretty sincere so why doubt...I don't think that we need to force ourselves, forcing is never good.

Sorry for the long rambling, i'm kind of euforic which'll probably change again the moment I realize i'm really without a job and without money. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Either way, i'm ready for more.

I cannot tally all the various times that something has happened in the toil I call my existence which at the time felt like some tragedy ranging from severe to mild which later proved to be the best possible change of direction for my betterment in Krsna consciousness.

Srila Sridhar Maharaja has been quoted as saying nothing bad can happen to a devotee. If we look just a bit beyond the immediate and the various arrangements we may be inclined toward and attempt to orchestrate we will see the shining face of Krsna peeking out from behind the screen with our highest interests always in mind. He constantly shifts the pieces of our little chess board with no apparent regard for what we want the rules to be.

We must accept that Krsna is the autocrat of autocrats and he does to the devotee only that which will pull them closer to the shelter of service motived towards His lotus feet.

It is said that Krsna answers all of our prayers and wishes, it's just that sometimes His answer is "No!"

Narada Bhakti Sutra

NBS Verse: 84: Anyone who trusts these instructions spoken by Narada and is convinced by them will be blessed with devotion and attain the most dear Lord. Yes, he will attain the most dear Lord.

----

Very nice LE Mata, that you did not tell me about this LAST verse of NBS, it made me smile.

Ps.cRimAl Prabhu, i am sorry to hear about your loss of job, i also wonder whats around the corner for me, only Krishna knows /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hare Krishna

Krsnanatha Prabhu

It is said that Krsna answers all of our prayers and wishes, it's just that sometimes His answer is "No!"

----

This is the problem, we should desire things for Krishna service, not for Maya, i am so happy for asscociation on this forum!

Guest guest

Haribol, mahak here. Do we trust Krsna? Arjuna does, Srimati Radharani may not. Depends entirely on relationship with him.

After all, his word was trusted on the plane of Kuruksetra, that he would only drive a chariot and not do battle, yet He killed Bhismadeva because no one else could have done such a thing. He lied, He broke his pact with Duryodhana, but His pact with Bhisma was greater and based in Love. He left Radharani crying, and moved to the big city and married another (and another, and another, and 10,000 more, even). But in Krsna, everything is absolute and perfect, and the broken promises and untrustworthiness is a basis of pure bhakti and quite inconceivable by our sense perception.

Trust Krsna? Some acaryas say do not, because He takes everything dear away. Maybe love and trust are competitive terms here.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

"Why is it i cannot trust Krishna? what is wrong with me?"

•••at our level of understanding this is not very important.. we are students, students of the primary school.

The spiritual master ask us to study and practice, it is too early to speak of steady faith in what we are learning.

Krsna consciousness is not a "blind faith" affair like the average religions, we believe, we do not believe is not so important..

Prabhupada in the preface(i hope that this is the right word) of the gita says to accept, as a postulate for the comprehension of the book, that when we see written krsna or bhagavan we must understand GOD

so there's no preventive and dogmatic faith required

I agree with what you said Mahak. I think this also should be said:

Ultimately, everyone is meant to absolutely trust God. That is the verdict of scripture.

Let's say Radharani doesn't trust Krsna. Well, that's not in every situation.

And anyone - in my opinion - who has succeeded in the religious realm, especially the associates of Krsna, have already displayed a great deal of absolute faith through many lifetimes.

There is the absolute faith of knowing that Krsna is God and that ultimately you have to deal with Him - despite whatever else that may be going on. You have to trust Him.

It is difficult to trust that Krsna is God. But we can worship and surrender to the "Cause of all causes", "The Primal Person", etc. Eventually we will learn that They and He are one and the same.

Soon we will let Him step on the brakes for us as we drive, knowing that He is the superior charioteer. Always.

Hare Krishna

My Ego won't let me trust Krishna, it tells me it knows best, more than Krishna!

Ok, so i am thinking that the issue is not really putting our trust in Krishna, but more His representative.

Jaya Prabhupada! Jaya cream of Vedas Srimad Bhagavatam!

Hare Krishna, Govindaram prabhu.

Get yourself to 'trust' Krishna. some have replied 'don't trust him, because he takes everything dear away from you.' when this is the case, just say to yourself 'everything is his, nothing is mine. let him take what is his, there is nothing wrong with that. there is no wrong in taking back what is already your own.'

TRUST Krsna.

Trust His words? Trust He is God? Trust that these are indeed His words? Trust His motives? Trust He won't kill us? Trust that He even exists?

Is that why we are clambering to collect a big bag of words - become a jnani who never acts on the words because he can't trust them? Are we somehow hoping to find faith in words?

Time to spend the time in the Bhagavad-gita where Krsna shows how to become acquainted with Him, to develop faith and trust in Him. No words can do that - it is a process, it is life. He tells us how to live every second, how to come to Him. That process generates faith; no words can do that. Krsna described the experiment that we must perform; we need not accept anything on faith. It truly is a science.

The bag of words is meaningless. Even if we transcribe the megabytes from the computer hard drive into the brain, we still end up with empty air. We end up juggling a new bag, a bag of synapses, stuck in the mind forever, jnanis speculating on an impersonal truth even though we call it personal. "Personal" is but another word to the jnani.

Prabhupada would say first we do ABC, one, two, three then we do calculus.

I hope you will find a new job soon, I wish you would.

Ha, I just spend the day at the temple and it looks like i'll be doing some bookdistribution in the next months.

HARE KRISHNA !!

Hare Krishna

Krishna is known as Hari 'one who takes away', i feel this is my karma, and not Krishna saying to me, become my devotee, so i am confuced, thats why i asked can we trust Krishna. It was meant as a deep meaning question, not like it sounded. /images/graemlins/smile.gif