IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktachris

can anyone help me to "cut and paste"?

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna,

I have a folio disk of Prabhupada's Complete Works. I have got some complaints about my posts here because they lack the direct quotes from Prabhupada. I could type all those but if "cut and pasting" is possible then why? Can anyone help me? Thankyou, skd/bhakta christopher

I will post it here and write to you so you will have my email for any question or prob you might encounter.

First of all, I am assuming that you are using the dos based Folio disk and not the BBT Vedabase. IMHO, the dos folio is much much better and easier to use. I have both the bbt vedabase and the dos folio and rarely if ever use the bbt vedabase (just more trouble than it is worth.

That said.....

1. Highlight the text you want to use just as you would for any cut and paste.

2. Click on "File" as top of page and then click on "Save As".

3. in the file name box type C:\t.txt (if you want to save many separate files you can add numbers after the final t) Please note the direction of the slash.

4. Hit enter. In the new box it gives you the option of either adding to a previously saved file or appending it completely.

5. Now to find your saved file. Go to search or find in your start bar and fine the file C:\t.txt. Then you will be able to cut and paste.

HOWEVER......you will now note that you will have many different symbols in some words instead of letters. gHari can explain this better than I can.

gHari created an incredible program to convert very easily convert these symbols to letters and it is posted in this test section.

I will find the program now for you and post the link to it for you.

I will also send you an email so you will have my address for any questions etc. I check my email far more often than I come into here so you will probably get quicker help by emailing me.

I am happy to help. Thank you for this opportunity to serve.

Hare Krsna