IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

What does Lord Brahma eat....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

....and how did he sustain himself while in deep meditatation for such a long period of time?

das

Gosh, I hope having only one stomach would resolve four heads/mouths wanting to eat! ha Wouldn't he have more mouths so he can chant more instead of eat more? This is my complete specualtion tho.

Anyway, to answer the question, being a great devotee of the Lord, I would think Lord Brahma eats whatever Krishna eats. Therefore Lord Brahma eats prasadam! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

We know Krishna when in Human form ate like all of us. But actually as the Surpreme form, What does He eats. this is something we cant perceive with our little brain. May be He is master of senses who creates senses, and hence He does not feel hungry like the creatures He created. Same way Brahma must be also like Him who is beyond human or living organisms kind of hunger. For us to pray bby concentration He took the Human form and portrayed all others also in Human form. But none has seen Brahma in Human form or even Shiva or Shakthi and what we perceive in Human form again is Divine and hence beyond the sense of hunger. These should not be made fun of in strict religious sense as eating rasagullos or 4 times multiply the hunger for having 4 faces.

Guest guest

SO all the Divine forms created by Krishna/Narayana The Supreme such as Brahma are also Divine and hence they are free of the senses what we have. This is what I meant in my previous post

Guest guest

it seems to me that your slightly impersonal concept of sri brahma is less strict and shastric than the possibility, that he surely has, to eat some rasagullas offered to sri krishna

the spirit contains material gross and material subtle

subtle contains gross

i can eat rasagullas, brahma too

When I first started reading Bhagavad-gita I offered peanut butter and banana sandwiches with milk to Lord Brahma for several months before I chanced upon the Toronto temple on Gerrard street.

But I can't say for sure whether he actually accepted it.

Guest guest

When it comes to offering to God before we eat, we have to necessarily do it. I did not mean to say, just because God and His Divine creations like Brahma are free of senses that does not mean we should not offer. I offer sometimes even bread sandwiches with veggi patti to Krishna before I have it for lunch. If I could not go home to offer my prayers and lunch to Him, I put a little piece in my purse side pocket which has a picture of Krishna. I tell Him have happy lunch and then I eat it.

If I could not go home to offer my prayers and lunch to Him, I put a little piece in my purse side pocket which has a picture of Krishna. I tell Him have happy lunch and then I eat it.

Now thats cute. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do hope you say the mantras, even if you have to say them silently.

These should not be made fun of in strict religious sense as eating rasagullos or 4 times multiply the hunger for having 4 faces.

Perseption is an interesting thing. You see, I did not take anything they said as making fun of. I felt they were glorifying Lord Braham!

Guest guest

Yes ofcourse I do chant the mantras to Krishna silently in mind. If I am in urgency and talking with others, I just say krishna krishna eat my lunch along with me in just raw words in my mother tounge and put a little piece in purse in such a way nobody notice it (because this is something private bbetween me and Krishna) and then I eat.

By the way, I did nto mean anything seriously to put down others saying that they are making fun, I just tried to give my explanation from my understandings. we do need humor in religion too.

Guest guest

Yes ofcourse I do chant the mantras to Krishna silently in mind. If I am in urgency and talking with others, I just say krishna krishna eat my lunch along with me in just raw words in my mother tounge and put a little piece in purse in such a way nobody notice it (because this is something private bbetween me and Krishna) and then I eat.

Oh, no problem. Guess I was just getting clarification or solving my curiosity. :-)

By the way, I did nto mean anything seriously to put down others saying that they are making fun, I just tried to give my explanation from my understandings. we do need humor in religion too.

And yes, I realize you meant nothing serious that others may be making fun of. I do think we shouldn't go too far with joking. Yet need humor in religion. Its about finding the balance.

Actually I felt you made a good point tho, because perception can modify things, especially when we read but can't hear the speaker. Sometimes it's hard to know how its meant without hearing intonations, etc.

Drutakarma dasa wrote this instruction for offering food in Kurma's "The Higher Taste: A Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet":<blockquote>But if you do want to offer your food to Krishna, here is how you can go about it. Somewhere in, your home or kitchen you can make a small altar. On this altar you can place three pictures one of the spiritual master, one of Krishna, and one of Lord Chaitanya. Such pictures are also available from the publisher of this book.

The spiritual master, or guru, serves as Krishna's representative, and it is through the spiritual master that Krishna receives offerings. If you seriously take up the practice of bhakti-yoga, you will eventually want to connect yourself with a living spiritual master through initiation. In that case, you would use a picture of your personal spiritual master for offering food. But until that time one may make offerings using a picture of SrIla PrabhupAda along with pictures of Lord Krishna and Lord Chaitanya.

For the purposes of offering, it is best to reserve a special plate that is not used for anything else. After you have finished cooking, place a little of each preparation on the plate for offering. Soups and drinks can, of course, go in special cups and bowls reserved for making offerings.

The simplest kind of offering you can make is to place the offering before the pictures of SrIla PrabhupAda, Krishna, and Lord Chaitanya and simply ask them to please accept it. But the usual procedure is to say some traditional Sanskrit prayers, or mantras. Each of the following four mantras should be softly repeated three times. The English translations do not have to be spoken. I have provided them simply so you will know what the Sanskrit mantras mean.

<center>

1)

nama om vishnu-padaya

krishna-presthaya bhutale

srimate bhaktivedanta-

svamin iti namine

</center>

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PrabhupAda, who is very dear to Lord Krishna, having taken shelter at His lotus feet."

<center>

2)

namas te sarasvate devam

gaura-vani-pracharine

nirvishesha-shunyavadi-

paschatya-desha tarine

</center>

"Our respectful obeisances unto you, O spiritual master, servant of SarasvatI Goswami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Chaitanya and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism.

<center>

3)

namo maha-vadanyaya

krishna-prema-pradaya te

krishnaya krishna-chaitanya-

namne gaura-tvishe namaha

</center>

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna Chaitanya, who is more magnanimous than any other incarnation, even Krishna Himself, because He is bestowing freely what no one else has ever given, pure love of KRSNa."

<center>

4)

namo-brahmanya-devaya

go brahmana hitaya cha

jagad-hitaya krishnaya

govindaya namo namaha

</center>

"I offer my respectful obeisances to the Supreme Absolute Truth, Krishna, who is the well-wisher of the cows and the brahmanas as well as the living entities in general. I offer my repeated obeisances to Govinda [Krishna], who is the pleasure reservoir for all the senses."

After chanting these four mantras three times each, you can chant the following mantra, called the maha-mantra, or great mantra, several times:

<center>

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna,

Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama,

Rama Rama, Hare Hare

</center>

When the offering is completed, you and your family or guests can enjoy your meal. Be prepared for a nourishing and satisfying taste experience.

When food is offered to Krishna, it becomes transformed. It not only becomes karma-free, it becomes infused with positive spiritual energy. The Sanskrit word for spiritual food offered to Krishna is prasadam, which means "mercy."

Prasadam is especially wonderful, because simply by eating it one can make spiritual advancement. One is freed from karma and experiences spiritual energy and pleasure.

As Lord Chaitanya said five centuries ago: "These ingredients, such as sugar, camphor, black pepper, cardamom, cloves, butter, spices, and licorice, are all material. Everyone has tasted these material substances before. However, in these ingredients there are extraordinary tastes and uncommon fragrances. Just taste them and see the difference in the experience. Apart from the taste, even the fragrance pleases the mind and makes one forget any other sweetness besides its own. Therefore, it is to be understood that the spiritual nectar of KRSNa's lips has touched these ordinary ingredients and transferred to them all their spiritual qualities. "

</blockquote>