IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Any good names?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does any one know any good names that can remind one of krishna (not something like 'krishna'). Something that shows humility and something beautiful like 'Bhakti lata'. Something that has a deep sanskrit background that shows love to God? It would be a great help if you do know some names. thank you.

Guest guest

No, it means the master of senses. I want something like creeper of love going to krishna's feet? Only if it is possible.

Guest guest

Just only that would remind of creeping to foot of Krishna, you will get only very very few. Otherwise you can add the follwing

Anaatha rakshaka (generally God is called like this)

Jagadguru (Krishna is considered the most rev teacher of all)

See if these kind of namaas are fine. I can write more

or you can search in the Krishna sahasranaama or Krishna Ashtothra namaavali

Hello Lover of Creeper of Love :-)

First of all thanks for appreciating and liking my name. If u were a female there are many more beautiful sounding names.

But for a male...let me think ...hmmmmm...how about

Kalpataru - desire tree

Prahlad - a model devotee of the Lord

Shyama Sundar - name of Lord Krishna

Madan Mohan - name of Krishna

Venu Gopal - name of Krishna

Bhakti Rasaamrita - the nectar of devotion

Satchidananda - Eternity-Knowledge-Bliss - constitutional position of the soul.

How about Abhaya Charan - which is His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada's original name - the name literally means Fearless Footed (i think!) - firm footed or determined on the path of devotion.

Hope that helps.

Happy name searching

bhakti~lata

Guest guest

I have no want to stay at this forum. Sorry, I just wanted to rename myself to something that reminds me of some love to Krishna.

Honestly, I don't want Krishna's name, that would be egotistical like calling myself 'God'. Thank you for the link, I can now memorize those names haha!

Guest guest

I like the names, but if there is any male sanskrit name you could think of that has krishna or bhakthi in it, but is not directly saying it, but is refferring to something that is like a lover, servant, etc. please post here. Please don't think about this too hard, only do it if you have time and thanks. I am right now searching for sanskrit names online. Most of them are just about basic things like anand (joy), but I want something that is like 'krsna das'.

Krsna Das?

That means servent of krsna

Dinabandu, krsna's name which means friend of the fallen.

Hari Bhakti sounds nice too

I like my name which I got initiated with Haridham das. Which means servent of the abode of lord hari(krsna)

Guest guest

Hare KRsna,

I believe this bhakti marga name means path of love of Godhead, or road. Is that right? I think it would do for a man's name ofcourse all names end with das or dasi because we are servants of krsna or bhakti marga. Good luck finding the name.

Guest guest

I like that name. It means 'His feet' thanks, I can have a name like Shreepaadha das or Shreepaadha prem. Thank you, but I am still open to more names.

Haribol. I very much appreciate the mahaksadas moniker given to me by Srila Prabhupada, and also appreciate the meanings, both in reference to Lord SDiva and Krsna Himself. Either great weaponry, or great assistance in battle, and if I can ever be a das to such a person, I would be most fortunate.

That said, I aklways considered Parthasarthi as the best of names, because in such a state of devotion to the supreme Lord, He agrees to become the servant of such a servant. No other religious ideology conveys such reciprocal love between God and the created beings. Imagine, a religion that places the servant of God in a more powerful position than God Himself. Imagine a religion where the Lord is not someone worthy of disdain, wanting more and more control over the unfortunate. Krsna in his form of Parthasarthi is the most desired position for this writer, and the Name is the best, IMHO.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Paarthasaarathy is a very nice name of Shree Krishna where He depicts that He would anything to His pure devotee who loves Him even by being as the devotee's servant.

It brings in tears and straighten the body hairs when I think of Him.