IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Haridham

Tomorrow is Halloween

Rate this topic

Yes, tomorrow is the night Lord Shiva's buddies come out to party.

Isnt it great that little kids are taught at an early age how to start begging. Wow amazing.

Anyways tomorrow I have school and I am planning to go to school as a Christian...hahahha...naaaaa

I am planning to go as a devotee, with a dhoti and tilak etc, anyone think this is a good idea or a bad one

Hope to hear from you

Hare Krsna

dressing as a devotee for Halloween? excellent choice for any day of the year! Make sure you have a huge tilaka on your forhead! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

btw: Halloween is related to pre-christian pitri (ancestor) worship of Vedic descent, including placing food offerings for the dead (now they give it to kids dressed as ghosts)

I think I will get some kartels and carry them with me for protection.

Not gonna shave my head though so its going to be hard putting on Tilak.

It probably will start a debate in my class or school but thats tomorrow to worry about

I was still in high school when I decided to move into the temple. I made an arrangement that I would still go to school three days a week and get my diploma. that pacified my parents.

You should have seen the faces of my classmates. One day I had hair grown down my back, the next day I was shaved up. They didn't even recognize me. No one made fun or even approached me. They just stared at me like I had just landed from another planet. This was 1971 and they had never seen a Hare Krsna before. I never went in a dhoti though.

Every year here in Berkeley they have this parade called 'How Berkeley Can You Be'. I always imagine if I was still doing that look I would tie-dye a dhoti and kurta and join the parade for a kirtan.

Some brave Berkeleyite Bhaktas in the area may do that some day. People would love it. A couple people chanting and someone passing out some sweetball prasadam or something.

Go for it Haridham people will say Krsna's name even if only in a joking way and make good advancement.

Thank you for the encouregment.

These days IN life I truly need it.

My Horoscope did say today that I have great powers and I can accomplish anything.

If only that were true.

Yeah tomorrow I will wear a white dhoti since I am married and tilak but since its cold outside I will wear a jacket

Guest guest

It teaches Children the art of Madhukari. What's so wrong about that? Well OK, candy is sweet and that's wrong for Brahmacharya. But when a child rings your doorbell, praise them for their madhukari act and give them a little book by Pradbhupad. The parents will go insane if they're sufficiently xenophobic.

What excatly is that?

I was joking when I said the kids are being taught to be beggers, cmon now relax. heheh.

Yes my house is full of prabhupads books, I will distribute all of them, now october 31 2003 is the day all the little kids become devotees of krsna

Jai...although the parents will go nuts

Hare Krsa

don't forget about bonfire-nite,

i tell you in my day i made a packet going around ppls houses, halloween & bonfire-nite were my highlights of the year, so exciting, and don't forget about banging on peeps doors and running off 'oh what fun', thing is when it happens to you it's not so funny /images/graemlins/frown.gif..stupid kids wish they'd just ***s off..haha /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Otherwise it could be sketchy.

I went as a devotee to a public Hallowed party once way back - quite nice actually. Two young ladies from 17th century France with the big round flowing dresses and flowing ample mantles and all curtsied to me, so I folded my hands returning respect. Then they somehow modestly folded their hands nicely in return while curtsying. It was quite a magical enchanting experience for each of us. Boom chuka luka Ram Ram Hare Hare. It all seemed to be sweet somehow. They didn't know whether I was in costume or in sane.

I also went as a devotee to a toga party. With no japa beads, not many debauchees realized I wasn't a Roman. One fellow did comment that he should have come as a rabbi, so maybe he had twigged to my private little chuckle.

But certainly go out after school as a devotee with a big bag of candy suckers. Every good boy deserves favour.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

I tried to explain that it was an Indian traditional clothing, but everyone kept asking me if I was mohammed /images/graemlins/frown.gif

One funny incident was when I was about to get home and it was halloween a years back and there was this guy who came to my house dressed as a devotee and smybols and even had like one of those things for your head where you look bald, for an instant I thought he was a devotee then i just laughed as it was way to funny. I was about to invite this guy inside my house

Guest guest

"Get into an impromptu kritana with him, dancing on the lawn. Help him perfect his gig. He'll be a devotee every year."

Guest guest

In Quran, you don't beg any one except Allah and it is said that you will reach perfection if you follow the rules and live by them. If only that were true, what does happen is alot of arrogance, many muslims think that they are people of true faith and look down on others, it is not what Islam teaches in truth.

Guest guest

You asked, what about begging for Allah?

I said, You cannot beg anyone except Allah in Islam.

End of story my devotee friend, I hope you have a wonderful time making atheists and arrogant people into humble and loving devotees of krishna.