IndiaDivine.org

temple ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wonder if I have ever bowed down, I know my body has and does. But my consciousness...? Well that may be another matter.

I have never heard of people being questioned and qualified before they are allowed to buy tulsi beads. Do you mean neck beads or chanting beads? Both?

What are the questions? Are there now some standard questions?A formal questionaire or something?

I remember when I first joined, initially the devotees were saying that only fully surrendered devotees who strictly followed should wear neck beads. But then, and I think this is bona fide but I can't remember the source, it was decided that it is beneficial for anyone to wear tulasi neckbeads so the uninitiated could wear one single strand. That was ok. Maybe someone has a quote from Prabhupada, I dont, but this become the ISKCON standard I think.

Mother Pritha,

I can remember being the only one offering obeisances to the Deities as the doors opened during a lecture by one of the visiting gurus in the days of the eleven (minus a few). I seem to recall that it was Srila Jayapataka Swami. I wasn't trying to slight him, or suggest that he should stop lecturing, but that's what I did. I can remember being somewhat embarrassed walking to the Deity doors with everyone wondering what is that crazy guy doing. The guru watched and I don't think he was upset.

I remember in Mexico when I bowed surrounded by zillions of standing people. I wasn't sure what got me bowing until I got up and realized that on the platter that had just arrived was a Silagram Sila. That day I developed faith in these small wonders - Krsna can be anywhere. It also showed me the superiority of the heart over the mind and senses.

gHari

And let's not forget the principle of worshipping the guru-parampara - now it's more fashionable to simultaneously praise Prabhupada while rejecting his parampra as a "fabrication." Many standards are decaying.... it's very unfortunate.

--

Trying to stir things up? I hope you are aware that everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Naturally. That's why we have people like Sai Baba. The fact that an opinion exists does not mean it makes sense.

By the way, I feel I should point out that anyone who could possibly fall for an obvious charlatan like Sai Baba proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a moron. So what if such people now think the Bhaktivedanta parampara is a "fabrication?" There is obviously no minimum IQ requirement to post an opinion on this forum.