IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
I_love_krishna_

Religion is it to oppress the weak?

Rate this topic

Today, people kill each other, hurt each other and destroy each other in the name of Religion. What is the point in having a religion and a God if it does not solve our problems?

We see so many problems from the past, which this religion has caused. What is this religion that plagues our lives every single day and makes us hate each other?

What is the definition of evil and good? Is stoning two people who commit adultery (As said in the bible) something which gets rid of evil?

A few questions please answer... i am desperate..

1) what is the point of religion?

2) what is the true evil, or is there anything that is "evil"?

3) what is good?

4) what is sin?

I feel that when we say lets become self less we are actually trying to become selfless due to selfishness- we want to save ourselves.

I think religion is just to fool ourselves that we are truly on the side of the supreme... which we are not.

We make up stupid rules, we follow them and then make others get hurt.

I feel that when we say lets become self less we are actually trying to become selfless due to selfishness- we want to save ourselves.

Yes but it is that basic need to satisfy ourselves that drives us ultimatly to realize our connection with God.At our stage it should be encouraged.

To get past this is the goal, to desire only Krsna's satisfaction, but that can't be done artifically. When the intelligence becomes convinced that this is the highest platform then we will move in that direction but in the final analysis we need His grace to enter into that mood. By His touch or that of His divine servants (same really) we will need to have our inner propensity to love Krsna without personal consideration awakened within us. That is why we seek the continued association with His cent per cent devotee.

Jai Srila Prabhupada!!!

1) what is the point of religion?

(religion from the latin re - ligo means "reunion"..

we are seeking continuously for unlimited happiness, ethernal life, and ever increasing consciousness..

we know and feel that in this world these qualities simply do not exist, but it is not possible that they do not exist at all, because if we were really limited, how could be possible to imagine unlimited things..

Religion is the real, scientific and serious research of sat, cit ananda... life, consciousness and happiness)

2) what is the true evil, or is there anything that is "evil"?

(evil is the identification with the matter, to think that we are this material body, to exploit others and the nature attempting to give gratification to him)

3) what is good?

(good is to be conscious that we are not this body, that we are spirit, that our existence depends on GOD, that our happiness depends from how much we give happiness to the Lord)

4) what is sin?

(sin is to forget our eternal relation with krishna and to put ourselves in His place as supreme enjoyers)

i have forgotten to explain that re-ligion has inside a sense of returning to a previous state

we have the idea of SAT, CIT, ANANDA because we were in this condition before falling in this world to experience the independence from the absolute

when we feel that this indipendence is illusory, some one from the spiritual world comes and explain us that we do not belong to the material world and that our desires will be fulfilled if we come back home

this is religion... this world is not fit for gentlemen, let us go back home

Guest guest

Religions were created to manipulate the masses and still do to a great extent today. We wil become enlightened as a race when the last religion has died and we all finally realise that we are One.

Religions create fictions about God who only loves certain persons for sertain reasons....e.g. the chosen people....these are blasphemies. We have polluted the word of God to justify our fears and rationalise our insane treatment of one another.

Our religions do not bring us closer to God, but make God the great mystery, and cause us to fear God. It has done little for us to change our behaviours in 4000 years, we still kill, rape, starve people to death. How can we live in a world where 20,000 children die every day of starvation, and yet food to feed twice this amount is rotting in peoples garbages. We have not even figured out the most basic right of feeding the hungry.

Religion sucks!

"We wil become enlightened as a race when the last religion has died and we all finally realise that we are One."

(this is also a RE - LIGION , (= RE - UNION with the ONE), so there's a religion that you have forgotten to kill.... yours)

"Religions create fictions about God who only loves certain persons for sertain reasons"

(if it is like that is not a RE-LIGION, how god can be partial?, but we can be partial: one wants to reconnect, another wants to remain "indipendent" in this world)

"Our religions do not bring us closer to God, but make God the great mystery.."

(so you are a "religion", in the worst sense of this word, because you are explaining all these things wihout giving any logic demonstration, simply destroying our beliefs and giving us in exchange only another big "mistery" or DOGMA (= religions are bad..... and shut up!!))

"How can we live in a world where 20,000 children die every day of starvation?"

(because we have not realized that we are all parts and parcels of god, and that god is the true proprietor of everything not us.....

to improve the things, it would be enough also a little "fear of God" that you are criticizing:

if we truly believe that, for the law of god, the karma law, we will pay for our bad actions, even if the police of the government do not see us, even if we die before, the world will considerably get better)

Religion sucks!

(i have'nt been grown up in a nun's school..... i am sure to know many more bad words than you, in various languages of the world.. so it is very difficult to scandalize me.

if this is your behaviour, it is very difficult to learn anything by you)