IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Falling in love with krishna with out caring for shastra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This post is quite simply about krishna. I fell in love with him. I read about madhurya rasa and everything but I never fell in love with Radha. Is that ok?

Is falling in love with krishna like a little girl in her heart is that ok? or am I offending radha who is krishna's beloved I am so confused.

May be I shouldn't post this thread, but what the heck, I will give it a try.

Guest guest

then you are a gopi!

remember those cowherd maidens in Vrndavana?

you are blessed by Lord Krsna himself.Srimati Radharani is guiding you now.

joy

i am not a guru, and let us hope that a guru will answer to you ... and surely he will do it better than me..

it is not possible to love krsna avoiding radha

radha is the personification of the love for krsna (hladini shakti), the power given to devotees to be krsna lovers

so to say "love for krsna" is another way to say "radha"

and radha is now giving to you this feeling of love for govinda

are'nt you even a little grateful to her?

Guest guest

Yes but is it offensive to only love krishna? love krishna and krishna alone?

I do feel grateful to Radha but I can't help thinking only about krishna.

I feel silly falling in love with krishna from reading about him, but I can't help it.

I read that in shashtra it is said that we are part and parcels of both Radha and Krishna . Then, why do I only feel so much for krishna alone?

I am offending people here aren't I , I will stop.

Hare Krishna

I am def. not a guru, but you said "offensive to only love krishna", ?? are you kidding? you must be, I think when you associate with devotee's and read more about Sri Sri Radha, you will appriciate Her love for Krishna, but the above subject matter is beyond me, as I have no love fo Krishna,

I don't mean to preach but do you chant the Hare-Krishna Maha-Mantra? If you do great, if you don't then WHY NOT! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now from your past lives, your love for Krsna has awakened.

As you learn how much Sri Radha loves Krsna, pleases Krsna, and attends to His every wish even before He wishes it, you will love Her for making our Krsna so very happy always and all ways.

We can help Her please Krsna. She knows so much better than anyone how this can be done.

The more you love Krsna, the more you will love Radha.

It is not that Radha will be jealous of you because you love Her Krsna. We cannot compete, for She is actually a very intimate part of Him. They are One.

If She sees that you love Him absolutely for no other reason than He is so lovable, then She will be very pleased to help you perfect that love so one day you will be able to help Her in a special way that only you can to please Krsna beyond your wildest dreams. That is why you exist. That is why we all exist.

So love Krsna; with all your heart, love Krsna. Srimati Radharani will notice and help you. Soon you will love Them both. And once you realize that Krsna is Her heart and soul, the only object of Her spotless love, you will love Her for that, perhaps even more than Krsna, Himself.

But for now, it is Krsna; and that is a very very good thing. Lord Krsna's words in the Bhagavad-gita will eventually take you to Him; Krsna as He is, your eternal best friend.

gHari

Guest guest

I feel silly falling in love with krishna from reading about him, but I can't help it.

There is nothing to feel silly about that because Krishna says a certain verse 2 times in the Bhagavatam, 10th canto:

10.23.33. It is by hearing about Me, seeing My Deity form, meditating upon Me and chanting My names and glories that love for Me develops, not by physical proximity. Therefore please go back to your homes.

10.29.27 (same Sanskrit but different English) Transcendental love for Me arises by the devotional processes of hearing about Me, seeing My Deity form, meditating on Me and faithfully chanting My glories. The same result is not achieved by mere physical proximity. So please go back to your homes.

And I don't think you're offending people either.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Thank you devotees, but I thought of Radha's jealousy , there's the sillyness. It is good news that she will not be jealous.

Thank you all .

Love,

Anonymous Guest

Guest guest

interesting, when you say love ,what do you mean ?

in fact the love stage ,bhava, is the highest stage of

God consciousness,one thing though, those who actually

are on that level, ALWAYS insist they have no love for Krsna, always lament they have no tatse for devotional

acts, always lament the insincerity of their acts,

on the contrary the person who claims great love for Krsna , claiming to be in love like a little girl, is imagining these things, lust for the pleasure of Krsna's

association is not the same thing as love.

love is selfless, lust is selfish, love asks what

is desired of by the beloved, lust asks what the desired can give.

Guest guest

part 1

1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.

2) 0 Gopinatha, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.

3) 0 Gopinatha, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.

4) 0 Gopinatha, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.

5) 0 Gopinatha, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.

6) 0 Gopinatha, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?

7) 0 Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world, You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.

8) 0 Gopinatha, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.

--------------------------

part 2

1) O Gopinatha, please remove the torment of worldly existence. I can no longer tolerate the pain of ignorance and the repeated succession of births and deaths.

2)0 Gopinatha, indeed I am a servant of lust. Worldly desires are awakening in my heart, and thus the noose of fruitive work is beginning to tighten.

3) 0 Gopinatha, when will I wake up and abandon afar this enemy of lust, end when will You manifest Yourself in my heart?

4) 0 Gopinatha, I am Your devotee, but having abandoned You and thus having forgotten my real treasure, I have worshiped this mundane world.

5) O Gopinatha, You know everything. Now, having punished Your servant, please give him a place at Your lotus feet.

6) 0 Gopinatha, is this Your judgment, that seeing me averse to You, You abandon Your servant and don't bestow even a particle of mercy upon him?

7) 0 Gopinatha, I am certainly very foolish, and I have never known what is good for me. Therefore such is my condition.

8) 0 Gopinatha, You are indeed the wisest person. Please look for a way to bring about auspiciousness for this fool, and please do not consider this servant as an outsider

Guest guest

part 3

1) O Gopinatha, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed your mercy upon me, then I will obtain deliverance from this world.

2) 0 Gopinatha, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.

3) 0 Gopinatha, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.

4) 0 Gopinatha, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.

5) 0 Gopinatha, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?

6) 0 Gopinatha, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please wake me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.

7) 0 Gopinatha, You are Hrsikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.

8) 0 Gopinatha, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant

-------------------------

gurudeva

Gurudeva, give to this servant just one drop of mercy. I am lower than a blade of grass. Give me all help. Give me strength. Let me be as you are, without desires or aspirations.

I offer you all respects, for thus I may have the energy to know you correctly. Then, by chanting the holy name in great ecstasy, all my offenses will cease.

When will such mercy fall to this one who is weak and devoid of intelligence? Allow me to be with you.

If you examine me, you will find no qualities. Your mercy is all that I am made of. If you are not merciful unto me, I can on]y weep, and I will not be able to maintain my life.

Guest guest

Ista-deve Vijnapti

(1)O Lord Hari I have spent my life uselessly. Having obtained a human birth and having net worshiped Radha and Krsna, I have knowingly drunk poison.

(2) The treasure of divine love in Goloka Vrndavana has descended as the congregational chanting of Lord Hari's holy names. Why did my attraction for that chanting never come about? Day and night my heart burns from the fire of the poison of worldliness, and I have not taken the means to relieve it.

(3) Lord Krsna, who is the son of the King of Vraja, became the son of Saci (Lord Caitanya), and Balarama became Nitai. The holy name delivered all those souls who were lowly and wretched. The two sinners Jagai and Madhai are evidence of this.

(4) O Lord Krsna, son of Nanda, accompanied by the daughter of Vrsabhanu, please be merciful to me now. Narottama Dasa says, "O Lord, please do not push me away from Your reddish lotus feet, for who is my beloved except for You?"

Guest guest

How should I explain love? love is not easy to explain, but I think I am in love, then why say I am not in love?

this is very confusing.

Hare Krishna

Let the girl just love Krishna! In her own simple way!

ps if you want to love Krishna more, then you have to clean you heart/mind, do this by chanting this, anytime/anywhere-

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

and if you become a pure devotee, then don't forget that I gave you this advice first, and bless me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

it's like saying i love candy, no the truth is you lust after candy, so what you experience, especially since

you see yourself as a little girl in relation to Krsna,

is lust, you desire to enjoy Krsna, Love means

you desire to please Krsna, regardless of your position,

that is love, real love, Lust is usually confused with

love in this world, people say, "oh i love so and so",

the fact is they lust for that person, rarely love

is meant, where the concerns of the beloved outweigh

the concerns of the person who "loves" them.

If you really loved Krsna, you wouild always be in his presence, that is the qualification for entering God's

personal association ,nothing else, so until you have actaully experienced that, face to face, consider your self

to be lacking in the love department, maybe not so much in the lust department, the whole point of Bhakti is to change lust for selfish gain, into love, it's compared

to changing base metal into Gold, the search for the

metaphysical "philosophers stone", the alchemists

art, changing the base desire to the pure form .

Guest guest

Lust is just sexual desire and I don't think I have that.

but krishna is not candy, I don't lick krishna. If its not too much trouble could you give me couple of more examples on the difference between lust and love please.

lust is love for gaining advantage or gratification, even little or subtle

true love is unconditioned, radha is prepared to love krsna even if he does not reciprocate

great saints love krsna without asking even to go in paradise or spiritual world or simply have less material suffering

this kind of love, the real love, is called bhakti

Guest guest

lust is not only sex desire,it is any desire to

enjoy, not a bad thing necessarily, but not the

same as love.

lust for enjoyment,either with Krsna,or not,

is still lust, while that is not bad in and of itself,

the highest stage of God consciousness is Pure

love, uncontaminated by selfish desires of liberation,

sense gratification ,position, fame, wealth,worship,

or any self serving attitude, either gross or subtle.

so the neo phyte may feel him/herself to be a lover of God, but that is not the inner fact, real love for God

is free from all of the above anarthas, or bad qualities,

it is love for the sake of itself, it is spontaneous

and without desire for anything, it is the pure expression

of an individual free from all impurities, the natural state of consciouness, it is not something that is a mental

construct or mental emotion, it is the result of being

in full realization of your eternal rasa with God,

your eternal relationship is of love, while lust may also be involved, the lusty desires of the devotee for God

are not the same as lusty desires of the material kind,

the lust of the paramahansa is different then that

of an ordinary person in this world.

The pastimes of Radha-Krsna are displays of lustfull encounters, this is to attract the fallen souls to lust for that reality, in the process of trying to attain the eternal

platform to satisfy that lust, the conditioned soul

is purified by that lust, he/she engages in bhakti yoga

to satisfy the lust for eternal enjoyment on the higest level, but by the process italef the devotee becomes purified of the material rewards and considerations

of Bhakti yoga, and becomes an unalloyed lover of God,

real love, not based on lust for enjoyment,or gratitude of recieving mercy, love out of personal

relationship.

Srila Prabhupad once said; "If there is a spark of Krishna Consciousness, then fan it."

I agree with Govindaram, "Let the girl love Krishna, in her own simple way."

Love for Krishna is very rare in this world, as Theist pointed out and as taught by Prabhupad, it is ususally a sign that that person has had some kind of contact with Krishna consciousness from a previous life. Such fortunate persons are to be encouraged in their attraction for the Lord and not be reprimanded or dismissed as lusty. Even lust for Krishna is purifiying.

Guest: If we want to love Krishna more fully, we need to know him (to know him is to love him)and with some investigation we will discover how deeply in love he is with Radha. Her love is our shining example, but it is so mysterious that even Krishna himself appeared as Sri Caitanya, with Radha's mood and sentiments, to try to understand that love.

Krishna's love for each soul is individual and perfect, yet he has proclaimed that it is Sri Radha 'alone' who is the queen of his heart. As it's been said, if you really love Krishna then you will love Radha eventually because they are one.

Hare Krishna

I said: Let the girl love Krishna, in her own simple way,

because otherwise she will have all these doubts in her head, and hey just let Krishna help her, and you know the Gopis love for Krishna was very simple as well, but for 'her' to progress she HAS TO CHANT the maha-mantra and take shelter of a bona-fide spriritual master, and Krishna will help her.

ps don't forget to bless me .. /images/graemlins/smile.gifok

Yes, Krishna alone knows her heart, from previous lifetimes, and how special she is to him.

Having a guru to help her understand that Krishna is no 'flash in the pan' love affair (hear that, Guest?)will help keep the 'Romance' alive in her heart.

Even if her eternal identity is from Chandravali's camp or as one of Krishna's queens or girlfriends (one never knows who's who these days, what with reincarnation and the Lord's Plan not yet fulfilled and all that) then we know that Radha would take opportunity to converse with a bumblebee. Such deep ecstasy, divinely sanctioned madness, while Krishna is absent, somewhere else, with someone else.

Guest guest

well i disagree, fanning the flames of egotism is not what

is best for a neophyte.

self realization is best,realizing that our self centered

view of ourselves leads us to become infatuated with our

our so called superiority and grandiose position.

the advanced devotee sees the truth, love of God is an extremely rare thing in this world, although you can find

people who claim they love God around every street corner.

the reality is we decieve ourselves, we fool ourselves into thinking that we are advanced and therefore have no need to engage in the process of bhakti yoga,

this is from Bhaktisiddhanta

"Selfish enjoyment of one's own senses in mundane lust is never called prema (love of Godhead) by the genuine devotee. A bonafide spiritual master never tells his disciple, 'You are absorbed in the mellows of divine rasa.'"

"The genuine spiritual master never claims, ' I am absorbed in the mellows of divine rasa.' The guru never talks idly with his disciples on subjects of gross worldly mellows."

"The awakening of transcendental emotional ecstasies (bhava-bhakti) is never said to occur before the practice of regulated devotional service (sadhana-bhakti). The performance of regulated devotion with faith limited only to such beginning regulations (vaidhi-sraddha) can never give rise to spontaneous devotional service (raganuga-bhakti)."

"If transcendental attachment has not yet developed within the heart, a devotee is never said to have attained the stage of ecstatic bhava. The followers of spontaneous devotion (raganugas) never say that neophyte students of devotion (sadhakas) have experienced the awakening of bhava."

Genuine devotees on the level of spontaneous devotional service never say that neophyte students of devotion have attained rasa. The pure emotions characteristic of the goal of spontaneous devotion are never attained without first experiencing the correct progressive development of spiritual attachment (rati)."

Only when the seed of intense divine emotion sprouts forth pure bhava, then there is no longer any need to adhere to scriptural rules and regulations (vaidhi bhakti). One should never consider ruci (the taste for devotional service) to be the same as rati (transcendental loving attachment in devotional service)."

Divine rasa can never be factually attained merely by talking of spontaneous devotion [by claiming " I am a raganuga-bhakta."] A beginning student who should still be further purified by following the scriptural injunctions is never said to be on the level of performing spontaneous loving service unto the Lord."

"No one can ever experience the sprouting of pure ecstatic emotions without first following the regulated injunctions of the scriptures. One who does not give up materialistic faith can never attain the stage of spiritual attachment in devotional service."

"If one still has unwanted material impediments ( anarthas) present in their performance of devotional service (sadhana), then rasa can never truly awaken. When the holy name of the Lord is chanted from the platform of pure ecstatic emotions (bhava), then the cheating mood born of pretentious devotional mellows can never be present."

"Without knowledge of transcendental truth (siddhanta), no one's heart can ever be spiritually attuned with Lord Krishna. If one lacks knowledge of his relationship with Krishna (sambandha), then proper execution of devotional service in relationship to Him (abidheya) is impossible."

One who lacks knowledge of sambandha, the relationship between Krishna and the living entities, can never attain prayojana, the supreme goal of life [namely pure love of Godhead, Krishna prema.] One who is distracted by bogus philosophical conclusions about devotional service (ku-siddhanta) is not performing actual devotional service to Sri Krishna."

One should never climb into a tree, grasp the unripe fruits and forcibly pull them off. Similarly, the followers of Srila Rupa Goswami never abolish the initial systematic process of devotional service."

Devotees who are still on the platform of following regulated scriptural injunctions (vaidha-bhaktas) cannot yet understand anything about the exalted stage of the raganugas, practitioners of spontaneous devotional service. Those who possess weak faith cannot yet understand the realm of the rasikas, relaters of pure transcendental mellows."

"In the absence of the necessary constituent elements of the bhakti process (such as anartha-nivritti, nistha, ruci, etc.), one can never become fixed up in their own eternal sthayi-bhava (one of the five principal mellows). In the absence of sthayi bhava and its necessary elements, one can never become situated in their eternal rasa