IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Falling in love with krishna with out caring for shastra

Rate this topic

Shiva's quotes came from Prakrita-Rasa Shata-Dushini or A Hundred Warnings Against Mundane Mellows by Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati. The translator was Dasaratha-suta dasa from Nectar books.

I think this book should be more widely distributed.

But the question here may be towards someone who is just beginning(in this life anyway) and not yet having adopted sadhana bhakti. One wouldn't lay this on them although true.

I think it may be wiser to to try to bring them in more first.

I remember hearing about 64 qualities of God and how important that number was to me because I was attached to the I Ching which had 64 hexagrams. I took it as some sort of sign confirming that the Krsna conscious path was alright. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

We must be very gentle with people and not just challenge all their beliefs. In the beginning. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

No, shiva I accept your point. I was just trying to say one needs to assess where on the path that person is and then basing the response to that. Which is hard to do on this medium. I was trying to draw out another angle.

Guest guest

"The pure emotions characteristic of the goal of spontaneous devotion are never attained without first experiencing the correct progressive development of spiritual attachment (rati)"

What is the progressive development of spiritual attachment?