IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tattoos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what an interesting thread here...both my husband and I are devotees and tattoo artists (we have our own business)...we see no reason whatsoever why a devotee shouldn't get a tattoo!...be more worried that the studio is clean!

I find that interesting and don't mean to discourage you, only I wonder about things like, how we are suppose to remove pictures of Krishna on our neckbeads before passing stool, or remove that and other spiritual things before having sex. Am wondering how you get around these things, maybe there is some scriptural comment that explains it?

hare krishna!..in answer to your question..my husband doesn't advise devotees to get images of the lord tattoed, he won't do them...only symbols and names of the lord. we have tattoed quite a number of devotees in this manner with wonderful feedback:)

Guest guest

i currently have a stylised version of ganesh on my back between my shoulder blades (he watches it for me under my bullet proof vest!) i am now also looking for a similiar version of lord krishna and lord ram to accompany him (and me) anyone know of any designs?

cheers

jinendra

Guest guest

to me KC tatoos are ok, i've got one myself around the arm "govindam adi purusam..." it looks great and i'm happy with it. I think when you die, unless you get the part taooed ripped off, it prevents unauspicious entities to get close to you. Also i'd like to tatoo the Nrsimha Kavaca around my right arm, but it's a bit long !! i'm friend with Raghunath from the hardcore band shelter, and he's got a lot of KC tatoos, they are great.

You see Krishna all the time, or his names, you purify others and yourself...

Guest guest

Hi, I read your message about your ganesh tattoo. A few months ago I had seen someone with a ganesh tattoo that was basically contructed with a bunch of curved line that sort of outlined that it was ganesh, but it wasn't completely filled it...I thought that this was an amazing tattoo, but can't seem to find it anywhere as it must be custom drawn...have you seen a tattoo like this or know what I am talking about?

Guest guest

hey guyz im thinkin of gettin 2 tattoo on my biceps....im indian n foward to gettin hindu trible or sanskrit tattos if possible....if u guyz hav any pic or design's please emal me @ praveen_rattan2003@ ..

thanxx

Guest guest

Tatoos that are fresh are dangerous in an MRI because the ink has metals in it. The MRI's can cause you too bleed from the tatoos, according to an MRI nurse I spoke to.

Guest guest

i'm a devotee who is in the process of getting a lot of K.C. tattoos on my back. i've found a great artist who is very competant at his job, and yeah, i've had no bad feedback from them whatsoever, any devotee thinking about it should go ahead, it's really not that painfull at all

Guest guest

well, it all depends on which part of the body you get them on to be honest. my arm didn't hurt that much, that is a good place to get them. the back hurts just a little bit more.

Guest guest

it all depends just where you get one. the arm is not too bad, my back hurts just a little bit more. it's all worth it in the end though.

Guest guest

I have maha mantra tatooed in arm band style on my left arm, although sometimes when i wear choli with longer sleeves it is covered up noone can see it.

I have a lot of tattoos from my karmi days - and some are not very nice at all - especially one on my right shoulder blade I have to by choli with very high up necklines so noone can see this tattoo. or sometimes i drape my sari over my right shoulder south Indian style.

I want to cover it with a nice KC tattoo instead - anyone got any suggestions for covering a big (approx 4x4") mostly yellow tattoo?

I was thinking of getting a Nrshima so he can watch out my back for me heheh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Hi there! I had a few quick questions about your tat's and wanted some advice on my own...I am in the process of designing Ganesh for my forearm, but want some script to go with it. I have numerous prayers, but I want to be completely sure that what they say is actually correct! Anyone else you know who can help...Alix%@lavacubed.com. Thanks!!!