IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vsdprasad

COKE and PEPSI...

Rate this topic

How Coke and Pepsi are HELPFUL

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:

Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:

Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To loosen a rusted bolt :

Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for sometime.

To clean a toilet:

Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove grease from clothes :

Pour a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola/Pepsi will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from car windshield.

WE DRINK THIS STUFF! OFF COURSE TO CLEAN OUR SYSTEM TOO. AFTER ALL WE ARE PAYING FOR IT.

For your information

The average pH of soft drinks, e.g. Coke & Pepsi is 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! Our human body stops building bones at around the age of 30. After that it shall be dissolving the bones every year through the urine depending on the acidity of the food intake. All the dissolved calcium compounds get accumulated in the arteries, veins, skin, tissue and organs, which affects the functioning of the kidney assisting in formation of kidney stones.

Soft drinks do not have any nutritional value (in terms of vitamins and minerals). They have higher sugar content, higher acidity, and more additives such as preservatives and colorings. Some people like to take cold soft drinks after each meal, guess what's the impact?

The Impact

Our body has an optimum temperature of 37 degrees for the functioning of digestive enzymes. The temperature of cold soft drinks is much less than 37, sometimes quite close to 0. This lowers the effectiveness of the enzymes and puts stress on our digestive system, digesting less food. In fact the food gets fermented. The fermented food produces bad smelling, gases, decays and forms toxins, which are absorbed in the intestines, get circulated in the blood and is delivered to the whole body. This spread of toxins can lead to the development of various diseases.

Few Examples

Two months ago, there was a competition in Delhi University "Who can drink the most Coke?” The winner drank 8 bottles and died on the spot because of too much carbon dioxide in the blood and not enough oxygen. From then on, the principal banned all soft drinks from the university canteen.

Someone put a broken tooth in a bottle of Pepsi and in 10 days it got dissolved! Teeth and bones are the only human organ that stays intact for years after death.

Imagine

what the drink must be doing to your soft intestines and stomach lining!

The famous ad in India rightly says 'Jo chahe Ho Jaye COCA COLA ENJOY! '.

-Prasad.

I have heard that police departments have had their officers carry around bottles of coke to crime scene clean ups. To get rid of blood they'd pour coke on the sidewalks to dissolve the blood markings. Pretty weird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm so glad that I'm off sodas for the last 6 weeks, a small accident during the holidays but no more sodas for me. It's pretty scary to know what those drinks do to your body.

Found the following text at HoaxInfo: http://hoaxinfo.com/cokeacid.htm .

<hr>

Coke: A Toxic Substance?

First Published October, 2000

There are two separate e-mail messages that have been merged into one. The first is about the need to drink water and the second is the dangers of Coke.

To deal with the Coke contention I must say that it is a little hard to swallow all the enumerated "facts" tossed at you in this one.

The e-mail states that many Highway Patrol cars carry Coke to "wash the blood off the highway".  I couldn't find one shred of evidence that any Highway Patrol anywhere uses Coke for this purpose.  If this works at all is probably due to the carbonation of the drink (in essence, it has scrubby bubbles).  Club Soda would be a cheaper and better choice since it doesn't have a high sugar content. Ditto for Coke as laundry cleaner.

Although any carbonated beverage can help remove tarnish (oxidation) including rust. That is because carbon dioxide when under pressure becomes soluble in water and the process produces carbonic acid.  Carbonic acid aids in "reduction" which is the opposite of oxidation.  Essentially, it reverses the oxidation reaction.  Phosphoric acid can aid in this chemical reaction too, and is why Coke can be used for this purpose.

However, I might add that Coke is not that good at removing corrosion from battery terminals as that corrosion is acidic and baking soda and water (a base) works far better.  Perhaps we need a baking soda e-mail warning.

If you drop a nail in Coke for four days as the e-mail says, trust me on this, you'll still have a (very sticky) nail after 4 days.  Concentrated phosphoric acid may be able to dissolve a nail in that amount of time, but Coke has too little phosphoric acid to do that in four days.  Ditto, a T-Bone steak which will be soggy, and possibly tenderized, but not dissolved.

Nor could I find evidence that Coke drivers use Coke to "clean their engines over the last 20 years".  Ask yourself, why would you want to put any fluid that has a high sugar content on your engine. Once the fluid evaporates all you'll have is a sticky residue that burns and creates carbon on the engine surface.

There is little doubt Coke is acidic.  I won't even argue the PH value given in the e-mail. But since a lemon has a PH of 2.2 and Coke has a PH of around 2.5 to 3.0 most lemons are even more acidic than Coke.  Even grapes are highly acidic, but does that mean they are highly dangerous for human consumption.  I might add that compared to stomach acid which a PH of about 1.4, and contains hydrochloric acid, Coke is definitely a weaker acid than what is in our stomach on a daily basis.  Further, the carbon dioxide in Coke reacts with stomach acid to actually reduce it, so it might explain how carbonated beverages can help your stomach feel more settled.

Citrus Cleaners have been touted for years as some of the best all-purpose cleaners.  Does that mean that we should not eat another orange, lemon, or grapefruit because the citric acid can be used to clean our toilet bowl?

Number 7 below has me the most puzzled.  If you were trying to warn off all users of Coke because it does all these bad things, then why would you put a Coke recipe in for making a great gravy for ham?  Perhaps you can take the aluminum foil you wrapped the ham in and clean your trailer hitch.  What do you think?

This is just a scare mail message that needs to go away.  Do your part: Delete it.

<hr>

COKE

No wonder coke tastes soooo good:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol

carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to   remove blood

from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke

and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into

the toilet bowl and.....Let the "real thing"

sit for one hour, then  flush clean.

The citric acid in Coke removes stains

from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:

Rub the bumper with crumpled-up Reynolds Wrap

aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals.

Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble

away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth

soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for

several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola

into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum

foil, and bake.

Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,

Remove the foil,  allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for

a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of

coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent,

And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will

help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road

haze from your windshield.

FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric

acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail

in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the

commercial truck must use the Hazardous material

place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to

clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years

Still Want To Drink Up?????????

<hr>

Resources:

Corporate Chemist responds to the reduction ability of Coke

Faculty Member from Clemson takes on the issue of Coke in the stomach

<hr>

Guest guest

phosphoric acid leeches calcium from your bones,

and it leaves the body in urine.

This is a major cause of many bone disease, and increases

pain in arthritis.

Phosphoric acid is in almost all soda pop, the

only soda that i have seen without it are the natural brands.

For those drinking diet soda, the sweetners, especially

the nutra sweet type is highly toxic, and very damaging

to the eyes.

Guest guest

I am in the science fair and I was mislead to believe that Coke can dissole an nail. I tried the experiment with Moutian Dew, Pepsi, Coke and Root Beer. None of them turned out to dissolve. My mom later did some reasearch, the whole "pop can dissolve a nail" was an urban legand!

Pepsico owns Taco Bell and Coca cola owns, I believe, Pizza Hut, both massive cow killing machines worldwide. Who knows what else they own. I just can't knowingly support these companies in any way.

Coca Cola also bought Limca some ten years back.

they also own Wendy's and KFC. All these restaurants are next door to each other in a town near me and driving past one day I noted that the semi-truck that was delivering the murdered animals to them had all their logos painted on the side of the trailer.

Guest guest

could be Babhru. I know they own Taco Bell. Can't keep the demons straight without a scorecard.

I looked on both Pepsi's and Cakes sites and couldn't find any evidence of Pizza Hut as one of their brands. I thought I remember hearing PepsiCo's underwriter messages on Marketplace or another NPR or PRI program some years ago (don't get Marketplace here on the Big Island, so I can only hear it on the Web). Anyway, as you say, even this shallow into Kaliyuga (only 5100 years), it's hard to keep track of the demons.

Guest guest

People say all this stuff about Coke being corrosive and stuff, but Pepsi is the same way. Try it, Pepsi will do everything coke does.

..Depends on how you do it. It is obvious that after opening a coke can and putting it open for some time, it will lose its acidity and hence you can't expect it to dissolve a nail (much like normal water).

If this is the way of doing the experiment, then there is nothing wrong in having a coke from a can that is left open for long time.

BTW I haven't tried the experiment /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... and I think there wouldn't be considerable effect if CoCa-Coola (caffeine free) is had once in a blue moon. Sometimes, (except for intoxicants) it may be difficult to deny it when you are among friends.

Any chemists out there to correct, if its wrong?

-Prasad.

one answer to the cause of all this.

FLUORIDE

fluorine is an active ingredient to make rat killers, roach sprays and even hypnotic gas.

it is also the active ingredint for your toothpaste, water and more.

so, pepsi and coke is definately harmful.

wonder why india's toothpaste dosen't contain fluoride?

Guest guest

not sure bout india but in the usa most all bottlers use ro filters so clorine flourine and other impurities are removed from the water prior to mixing the beverage. the acids probably present less health risk than a glass of oj or tomato juice. The biggest health risk IMO with most soft drinks is if you empty the can then fill it 1/5 with sugar that is about what you are drinking.pepsico owns kfc and pizza hut or they used to they may have sold them. you still usually won't find coke in either one in the usa.

Guest guest

PepsiCo sold Taco Bell and Pizza Hut a few years ago. They are divesting their fastfood chains to focus more on cola and snackfood products.

The nail-in-coke experiment was supposed to take a whole school year to work. You can't dissolve a nail in

coke in a few days or a few weeks. It is supposed to take months. I have heard from some older persons that they indeed participated in such experiments back in the 60's and that after the end of the school year the nail would be partially dissolved.

As far as coke/pepsi and physical dangers, I can testify personally that Coke or Pepsi would always cause me to break out with pimples. I gave up Coke and Pepsi years ago and also stopped my pimple breakouts. However, rarely, I will drink a coke in a situation where I am offered it by someone in a business deal or workspace (just to be sociable) and even today at the age of 49 if I drink a coke or Pepsi I will get a pimple the next morning. Some people are more sensitive to phosphoric acid than others.

I do keep lemon-lime soda in my fridge for the kids and me and never have any health problems associated with it. It is just made from natural citrus oils and corn syrup. Root Beer is also a good option to Coke as it does not have caffeine or phosphoric acid. Cream Soda does not have phosphoric acid or caffeine.

I have never allowed my kids to drink any of the colas with caffeine or phosphoric acid. To me, I have person experience with the ill effects of phosphoric acid and I think it is very, very bad stuff.

We do drink lots of 7up at my house though. This was Srila Prabhupada's soda of choice and I remember that his fridge in his room in L.A. had a good stock of it for his arrival there in 1975.

The story I heard was that Prabhupada saw some child drinking a 7up and belching nicely and Prabhupada asked his assistant what the child was drinking and the assistant said "7up Srila Prabhupada" and Srila Prabhupada supposedly said "bring be some immediatly".

from Prabhupada Uvaca; Srutakirti dasa

April 5, 1973

Since Srila Prabhupada is transcendental and completely free to do as he pleases, flying with him was a thrilling experience. You never knew what to expect. Today was no exception.

Srila Prabhupada sat in a window seat near the back of the airplane. Shyamasundar and I sat in the next two seats. As is normally the custom on the transcontinental flights the flight attendants frequently offer refreshments to passengers in order to avoid the dehydrating effects of recycled air. So now a flight attendant began walking up the aisle with a tray of drinks in clear plastic cups offering them to the passengers.

As she approached our seats Srila Prabhupada said, "What is that?" I replied, "Oh. That's 7 Up Srila Prabhupada. Would you like some?" He said, "Yes. Let me try it." Naturally, I immediately requested 3 cups for all of us. Syamasundara and I waited for Srila Prabhupada to take the first sip. We wanted to be certain the 7-Up would be prasadam. We watched carefully as he put the cup to his lotus like mouth. He drank some and put the cup down on the table and said, "Ahh, this is very refreshing." We finished our drinks within minutes as we were all quite thirsty.

During that flight we had 7-Up three or four times. Each time Srila Prabhupada drank one he would say, "Ahh, very refreshing. This is very good." One time the flight attendant put the can down on the table along with the cups filled with ice. Srila Prabhupada picked up the can and asked, "What are the ingredients?" He began reading, "Water, sugar, citric acid, natural lemon lime oil. Oh! This is all right. This is very good. It is all natural ingredients."

Srila Prabhupada was marvelous. He could have been doing a commercial for the soda. He was very enthusiastic about his discovery. I excitedly watched him enjoy each moment. After arriving at the temple one of the devotees asked if there was anything that Srila Prabhupada needed. I couldn't think of anything. That was a problem for me. Once, Srila Prabhupada said, "Srutakirti has no imagination." It is very true. I couldn't imagine what the devotee could get for my beloved Spiritual Master. The devotee was determined to offer something to him. Finally I said, "Well, he likes 7 Up. You could get that for him." I convinced him it was a good idea. That day the devotee brought a case of 7-Up and I stored it in Srila Prabhupada's kitchen.

I must confess for the first few days I was hesitant and never offered any to Srila Prabhupada. I began drinking it because I was afraid to offer it to him. I couldn't think of the right moment. Remember, I have no imagination. Finally, the occasion arose.

One evening a temple president arrived from out of town to see Srila Prabhupada. While His Divine Grace was in his sitting room speaking with this disciple, Srila Prabhupada rang his bell. I started towards Srila Prabhupada's sitting room when this devotee stopped me in the hall and said, "Srila Prabhupada wants some water." I said, "O.K.," but continued walking towards Guru Maharaja's room. The flustered temple president loudly reiterated, "Srila Prabhupada wants water!" Annoyed I tried to keep my composure replying, "Please wait, I want to ask His Divine Grace something."

Apparently this disciple was trying to have a private conversation with Srila Prabhupada and I was interrupting. Lacking sensitivity and imagination I didn't immediately understand his need, so I made my way into Srila Prabhupada's sitting room, offered obeisance's and said, "Srila Prabhupada, would you like some 7-Up?Oh yes!" He replied with a smile, "Bring me some 7-Up." I raced back to the kitchen and filled a silver goblet with 7-Up and ice. Hurrying back to his sitting room, I placed the 7-Up on his desk in front of him and offered obeisances. Srila Prabhupada sat back on his asana and began to sip the drink. When he put the glass down on the table he said, "This is very refreshing."

He got up from his asana and began to walk around the room enjoying his 7-Up. I remained in the room blissfully watching my spiritual master relish the cold drink. My godbrother was surprised by the entire affair and anxious for me to leave the room. After Srila Prabhupada finished his 7-Up I took the empty cup, offered obeisances and happily left his room feeling that I had pleased my Guru Maharaja by this simple act in spite of inadvertently annoying my godbrother.

Srila Prabhupada, I am blessed by your causeless mercy. Thank you for the opportunity to witness your playful pastimes. Observing your confidential lila allowed me to get a tiny glimpse of your association with the Supreme Lord. Your beloved child-like nature contrasted sharply with your lion-like acarya profile. For pushing on Lord Caitanya's movement you forcefully do the needful. As a pure devotee of the Lord you have no attachment to the fame and adoration that was constantly bestowed upon you. For this reason you are worthy of it.

from Prabhupada Uvaca; Srutakirti dasa

April 1973; New York, NY, U.S.A

At this time Bali Mardan was talking about getting a new temple facility in New York City and he invited Srila Prabhupada to look at a possible location. The sun was brightly shining as Bali Mardan, Kirtiraja and myself followed Srila Prabhupada into a small foreign car (Toyota). Bali Mardan drove for quite awhile, finally stopping across the street from a large beautiful cathedral.

Bali Mardan explained to Srila Prabhupada, "This is the possible temple I told you about Srila Prabhupada. We can't go in because it may not be beneficial if they know we are Hare Krsna's. We can look at it from here." We all got out of the car and were looking at this immense cathedral from across the street. The structure was stately and beautiful. Fortunately, the front doors of the church were open and we could see inside. Srila Prabhupada seemed very impressed with the facility. Looking inside he could see the huge marble pillars and said, "This will make a very nice ISKCON hall. This is beautiful."

As we were standing on the sidewalk Srila Prabhupada turned around and saw a small Italian grocery. He turned to Kirtiraja and inquired, "Do you think they have 7-Up?" With a shocked look on his face, Kirtiraja prabhu said, "Well, I can see if they do, Srila Prabhupada. Do you want one?" Srila Prabhupada responded, "Yes, I would like a 7 Up." Kirtiraja went into the store, quickly returning with a can of 7-Up. Srila Prabhupada regally stood with cane in hand and japa bag around his neck looking especially transcendental.

Kirtiraj opened the can and Srila Prabhupada took it with his right hand. His cane was in his left hand, securely planted on the concrete sidewalk. He lifted the can to his lotus lips sipping the 7-Up. I was in ecstasy watching the next episode of the 7-Up saga. We could not contain our joyful smiles seeing our Guru Maharaja's aristocratic simplicity. He drank about half the can and said, "All right, now we shall go." After we all got into the car Srila Prabhupada handed the can to Bali Mardan and said, "I've had enough. You can drink." The three of us blissfully passed the maha remnants around until we finished the can of soda. The ride back to the temple was light hearted and carefree.

I tried not to spread the news around finally realizing it could create a 7-Up frenzy. A week later when we arrived in Los Angeles it was apparent the news had already reached the New Dwarka community. Karandhara informed Srila Prabhupada that 7-Up could aid in relieving gastro-intestinal digestive discomfort, so Srila Prabhupada occasionally drank a small glass to relieve himself.

One day he said, "This is not good. We should not be drinking so much 7-Up. I take it for digestion. Otherwise drinking 7-Up is not necessary."

Later when we returned to India many of the devotees were avidly drinking soda., since they heard that Srila Prabhupada condoned such beverages. One day as Srila Prabhupada left his flat in Juhu he noticed the stairway lined with 7-Up and Limca bottles. Disapproving of the juta (contaminated) litter he declared, "What is this? This should not be done! This is not good! This can't be done!" He continued walking to the temple and made no further mention of it.

Srila Prabhupada, I never saw you do anything for your own sense gratification. It is my feeling that you engaged in these unique pastimes just to increase the love of your disciples that were fortunate enough to be with you. You are always completely renounced and totally satisfied serving the Supreme Lord. The vision of you on the sidewalk is forever etched upon my heart Thank you for teaching us how to use everything in Krsna's service.

Guest guest

Some of these are not true. I have tested and it didn't work. Btw: I don't drink coke, I know it is harmful.

The dissolve a tooth thing only works if you CHANGE the Coke in the container with fresh Coke every day.

Wonderful stories about Prabhupada and the 7-up though. I always think of that when I have a 7-up on an airplane.