IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Oh my God 2

Rate this topic

I've just finished reading through this entire topic and from another islander's distant (from the workings of iskcon) point of view, I must lean towards Shiva and Stone-hearteds more liberal (a quality of Krishna!) perspectives, and admire Debbie's sage-like advise.

As Srila Prabhupad said "Krishna consciousness is not a static process, it is dynamic."

Whatever brings the multitudes to Mahaprabhu's mission of mercy (MMM..)would please Prabhupad more than anything.

Whatever brings the multitudes to Mahaprabhu's mission of mercy (MMM..)would please Prabhupad more than anything.

As Jahnava-Nitai prabhu has stated earlier on this thread; "Next someone may suggest we remove Prabhupada's condemnation of cow slaughter from his books. This way "Mahaprabhu's mercy" can be spread to all those hundreds of millions of Americans who like to eat hamburgers."

I suppose this is a good example of a liberal attitude, which is a quality of Krishna. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As Jahnava-Nitai prabhu has stated earlier on this thread; "Next someone may suggest we remove Prabhupada's condemnation of cow slaughter from his books. This way "Mahaprabhu's mercy" can be spread to all those hundreds of millions of Americans who like to eat hamburgers."

It is already set up to facilitate everyone's progress towards the Divine. Just chant. How more liberal can you get?

It is already set up to facilitate everyone's progress towards the Divine. Just chant. How more liberal can you get?

My point was mainly meant to the "liberalist class" in ISKCON, who tend to have their own take on any principle.

The proponents behind the books-changing, gay-marriages in ISKCON, feminist and other scandals behind the "OH MY GOD!" threads, as well as their supporters, are a good example of this.

I understand you Vaisnava and I agree. they want to change that which is already liberal to the maximum degree. Even a tree can be elevated.

All the whining has nothing really to do with Prabhupada's teachings. it does have everything to do with people wanting to desparately hang on to their material designation. women, gay, etc.

We can't really live in both the material and spiritual consciousness at the same time. All this leftish liberal propaganda is an attempt to do just that.

It works the other way also. if someone is thinking I am a straight male etc. etc. therfore I am more qualified for this mercy then someone else, then he doesn't get it either.

This movement is about receiving unbounded undeserved grace.

Yasodanandan: Sometimes they appeal that "We can make better English," so they change like that, just like in the case of Isopanisad. There are over a hundred changes. So where is the need? Your words are sufficient. The potency is there. When they change, it is something else.

Svarupa Damodara: That's actually a very dangerous mentality.

Yasodanandan: What is it going to be in five years? It's going to be a different book.

Srila Prabhupada: "So you... What you are going... It is very serious situation. You write one letter that "Why you have made so many changes?" And whom to write? Who will care? All rascals are there. Write to Satsvarupa that "This is the position. They are doing anything and everything at their whim." The next printing should be again to the original way."

-- Srila Prabhupada conversation June 22, 1977 Vrindaban

Guest guest

I think the things Chakra claims are pretty reasonable, humane and a good deal of common sense.

Reading through this thread I can see how one who is new to Krsna Consciousness can really be turned off by it all. It seems like so many of you just like to bicker and throw your egos around. It also seems like some of you are so angry. Why have so many people turned the KC movement into something political? So much for transcendental fellowship. I give up.