IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

rishi mushroom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ling-chi,or reishi(rishi) mushroom extract(the mycelium is the most potent part)

Is the number 1 herb in chinese pharmacology.

Its succes against disease is nothing short of miraculous.

In patients taking reishi,cancer and many other diseases have been defeated,quickly and entirely.

The literature on reishi research is significant,in that it truly has worked on patients deemed doomed.

Guest guest

yeah,i read about reishi in a book i got from the library.

Do a search,the books studies were from american doctors,here in the U.S.

I had a dream in 1994 about mushrooms growing on the trunks of trees, and I woke up repeating the word, 'rishi' over and over in my head. I bought some but then I never took but a few because I read in the Laws of Manu to not eat mushrooms; I guess excepting the ones that can cure cancer . . .

Guest guest

the prohibitions against eating mushrooms are there because many mushrooms are poison,and it is very difficult unless you are an expert to be sure of which is good or which is poison.

I thought it was because they grow from what is unclean, that is, waste matter, and dead things, etc; and so tend to have 'low consciousness' energy. But some probably just grow from moisture, especially if they grow on tree trunks? Maybe I should look into facts on mushrooms . . . but my experience is that they do have this low conscious energy, not spiritual food.

I've thought about this too, and have wondered if the unjunction was based on the way mushrooms are traditionally grown, perhaps in India even, as opposed to the sanitary conditions of commercial growers today. But I am not making any conclusions, either.

Is there something in the quality of the mushroom itself which is in the mode of ignorance, even assuming it was grown in sterile conditions, and/or in cow dung, etc.?

Also, are all things called mushrooms actually of the same species?

I have to admit, while I do intake garlic as it helps my physical condition immensely, for some reason I have a hard time getting around this reishi mushroom idea. It may jsut be prejudice. I want to hear more, before actually going out and getting some. And I would also appreciate hearing others' personal experiences with this medicine, if anyone has the time.

ys, Jayaradhe

[This message has been edited by JRdd (edited 06-16-2002).]

Guest guest

mushrooms are vegetation,the injunctions against mushrooms are for safety only.

the Reishi muchroom is not a food mushroom,it is woody and fibrous,with the consistency of balsa wood,and it grows on trees.

J-it is by far your best hope,in chinese traditional medicine and recent tests in universities it is accomplishing things no other medicine does,or even comes close!

i have been taking reishi gano mushroom extract in the form of a pill(manufactured by DXN)for the past few months and i can feel the effects within myself.even though there is an injunction in our scriptures against consumption of mushrooms ...i feelthe injuction had more to do with the techniques of extraction which made mushrooms unpalatable.

DXN uses ultra modern techniques for cultivation and has found many takers worldwide.

You can eat the mushrooms not containing harmful & forbidden ingredients as poison & narcotic. You can eat/drink a rationed amount of foods/drinks containing caffeine.

I have two "ling DZ"s (retroflex, 'Z' act as a vowel at the same time.), fairly light & soft as plastic foam & cork.

[This message has been edited by xxvvii (edited 06-23-2002).]

Guest guest

Hi Shiva ,

Igot this page by accident. Didn't know there was intrest in the usa even last year.

I was actually responsible for introducing Reishi to India .I did all the ground work and now it has grown beyond all expectations . I hope to start in Africa , after the completion of the HIV trials are completed using DXN's reishi

Hope to hear from You

Dr Clarence Stanislaus , Malaysia

Guest guest

Hi Shiva ,

Igot this page by accident. Didn't know there was intrest in the usa even last year.

I was actually responsible for introducing Reishi to India .I did all the ground work and now it has grown beyond all expectations . I hope to start in Africa , after the completion of the HIV trials are completed using DXN's reishi

Hope to hear from You

Dr Clarence Stanislaus , Malaysia mantin68@hotmail.com

Guest guest

The veda forbids the use of mushrooms because they grow in the modeof ignorance. Many are epiphytes, otherwise known as parasites.They grow on living trees.

The veda says nothing about their so-called danger. Of all the mushrooms known to man, many are hallucinogenic. There are but a few that kill,such as the Amanita phalloides.

What strikes me as dimwitted, is the ascribing of cancer cures to anything. As if there would be an universal panacea for cancer!!!.(Or any disease for that matter)

Alas, cancer is a state of mind,which then mustbe treated individually. Since the individual is sick,it is the individual that needs treatment. Chasing the disease is a wild-goose-chase, that cannot bear any fruit.Read in this connection the SB 1/5/33, where you will see what is the proper means of cure for anyone.

Guest guest

BTW, I am Vaikunthanath das Kaviraj, homoeopathic physician and hence do know what I am talking about - re the last post on these mushrooms.

Guest guest

you say there is no cure for cancer ?

well that is simply not true,there are many cases of cured

cancer from reishi,goldenseal(skin cancer),and other

herbs,even garlic has shown in clinical studies to

be succesfull.

And then you go on about homoeopathy ?

that is purely the funniest thing i've heard in a while,

Homoeopathy is a mental thing,a placebo effect.

The so called medicine is nothing more then water,

there is no actual herb used,all of the molecules have

been distilled out ,if there was actually any to begin with.

Herbs can cure,Homoeopathy is the power of suggestion,

yet you claim cancer cannot be cured,a strange thing to say

since there are thousands upon thousands of of people

alive today who have been cured ,then tell us the

glories of the placebo effect.

that kind of nonsense doesn't help anyone,the

facts are available, clinical studies have been

done by Universities,Reishi works,as do other herbs,

do a google search,you'll find plenty of evidence.

Why would a vegetable be considered bad if it has no ill

effects ? clearly the injunction against mushrooms

are there to protect unqualified people,

especially children from eating mushrooms that

are available anywhere when it rains,many will make you sick,and especially in India there are those that will

Kill.

either way reishi grows on trees,it looks

like an ear,and is solid like wood.

no one is going to come to your house and force it on you,similarly you shouldn't act as an authority

and dissuade people in need from a very long lived,

well researched,and potent medicine.

why should i take your word for it,In china

and the rest of east asia it has been the most

honored (and worshipped even) of any medicine for thousands

of years,are they all fools ?

Are the doctors who went to china and brought reishi

back to be studied also fools ?

Guest guest

What strikes me as dimwitted, is the ascribing of cancer cures to anything. As if there would be an universal panacea for cancer!!!.(Or any disease for that matter)

Alas, cancer is a state of mind,which then mustbe treated individually. Since the individual is sick,it is the individual that needs treatment. Chasing the disease is a wild-goose-chase, that cannot bear any fruit.Read in this connection the SB 1/5/33, where you will see what is the proper means of cure for anyone.

So there are no cures,if you are congested ephedra

won't clear you up,if you have an infection antibiotics

(herbal or otherwise) will not work, if you have

nausea ginger will not work,if you are sick in any way

medicine of any type will not work ?

Why is cancer somehow different ?

cancer is a state of mind ?

what state would that be ?

Do you think that cancer is caused by the mentality

of a person ?

Does that mean two year olds who have cancer

need a spiritual or mental solution ?

The Bhagavatam instructs us that all disease is Karmic,

that doesn't mean that what you are thinking

or what you may think in the future will cure a disease,

Krsna says "I am the healing herb", Medicine can and does

cure millions of people every day from a wide variety

of disease,regardless of their thought pattern.

The persons Karma may indeed be the root cause of disease,

But that doesn't mean you should think disease cannot or should not be treated,Prabhupada when asked about medicine

would always say "take what works", it is incredible

that you say sickness is a state of mind, everyone gets

sick,some respond better to medicine then others,

that is karmic,but still the medicine works,

cancer is just another disease,and with all diseases

some get well with medicine others do not,it is not

that the medicine is at fault,it is entirely based

on karma.

Does that mean you should not take medicine and

depend solely on God ?

Why did God create medicine ? To relieve suffering,

so one should take what works,and leave the result

to God,but don't think that if you have great pain or great suffering you shouldn't take what will help,

that path is sure to fail,Herbs and medicine are

here for a purpose,don't be foolish ,take what works.

Guest guest

sir

iam doing my ph.d in nutrition and dietetics. i would like to do my research work in ganoderma and ganomycelium for iron deficency pregnant women . i dont how far this will cure the disease . so i kindly request u to help in this aspect.

Guest guest

sir

iam doing my ph.d in nutrition and dietetics. i would like to do my research work in ganoderma and ganomycelium for iron deficency pregnant women . i dont how far this will cure the disease . so i kindly request u to help in this aspect.plz send to this email id

kavirams15@rediffmail.com

Guest guest

38000 TYPE OF MUSHROOM 36000 ARE POISONES, 2000 R GOOD FOR HUMAN, OUT OF 2000 , 365 HAVE MEDICINAL PROPERTY, OUT OF THIS 365 TOP ONE IS RED MUSHROOM WHICH IS VERY GOOD FOR HEALTH.

Guest guest

You order them, or at your health food store, ordering them is much cheaper. You want to get the extract, pill form is fine. The mycelium is the most potent part, so make sure the ingredients say mycelium extract. For cancer, Reishi and raw unheated garlic is your best bet. Garlic has also proven to be an effective anti tumor remedy. Do a google for the relevant data.

You can get the dried mushroom at some health food stores, but the potent stuff is the extract.