IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pratyatosa Dasa

Bras and Breast Cancer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest you misunderstand. I am not making a statment against temples, sari's or shaved heads. I simply know that the false ego games get transfered to that context. Some want to appear very renounced. Why? Well renounciation is one of Krsna's opulences that attracts. So artifical renounciation on display is simply subtle sex desire on display as I see it.

Or the modest mataji who knows she is pretty acting real shy while wearing ankle bells announcing her presence everywhere she walks. ...........

Thiest,

I agree with everything you have said here. The bottom line is honesty. Or dishonesty. So many have been dishonest that we are now afraid to trust. We like to be looked at as if we are more advanced than we are. We want the temple president or anyone to think of us as a good devotee, so we put on a show, sometimes to ourselves too, and then there is big fall down. Everyone says, "I am so shocked XXX fell down! I would have never expected it from X." But the truth is, X was unable to maintain that false platform. And the problem is, this behavior is encouraged. Its very hard to be who we are since being first class is given great credit, but being humble and trying to work our way up from where we truthfully are situated, is not considered as good. Even tho it is usally more honest. We all want to be good.

And so a woman "acts" shy when she is really puffed up over her beauty. Or a man "acts" responsible when he is really looking for a slave to serve his all of his senses. So on and so forth. However, the bottom line is that until we become honest, even if we think we got what we went after, it will sour.

However, a problem remains. How anyone will get together with anyone else if trust has been so severely broken that they are afraid to trust a new relationship? Then they drag the garbage from their past relationship into the new one, taking it out on the new partner when they act less than perfect (either gender). "Uh HUH!" They say. "I know what you are up to! You are trying to force me to YYY!!" When it may not have been the case, or if it was, it was not necessarily bad (not force either), or it was not meant in a harmful way. It could have even been good. So, we get defensive because we have been very much cheated, then drag more garbage into yet another relationship, and almost self fulfilling our own fears by creating them. It becomes cyclic. Sadly, this is a current and real problem. Caused by all this dishonesty. I don't know that I have the solution, but understanding the problem is step number one.

Guest guest

Or the modest mataji who knows she is pretty acting real shy while wearing ankle bells announcing her presence everywhere she walks.

I have to comment on this because the anklebell issue, because it keeps coming up. And because it seems to be thought of differently with men than women.

Please don't assume all women who wear anklebells are trying to get a man's attention or showing off, or trying to flirt, or just trying to get men to look at her on any level. Yes, some are. But I remember living in the ashrama and many brahmacarini's wanted anklebells, yet they did not want a man. No, they were not looking to get subtle attenion of any of those types of psychological arguments. A woman thinks of these things different so I am telling from that perspective.

It is a woman's nature to want to be pretty. And women tend to dress up pretty for themselves! Sometimes for other women (not as lesbians, just to cover that.) Women like to get togehter with their friends and dress up, just as we 'played' dress up as little girls. And as devotees, women like to dress up for Sunday Feast and aroti - for Krishna! I know many women who saved their ankle bells until that day of the week or holidays, therefore, aroti, etc.

I realize many men think she is dressing up, what to speak of wearing noisy ankle bells, for them (even if its to torture them), but more often than not, they aren't doing it for that reason at all.

I will agree some are. I all ready said that. But I want to clear it up that most are not. Even toddler girls wear ankle bells and love them! Its in our nature. Are we to say little children (female) who wear ankle bells are trying to flirt or attract men. Of course not! So we have to understand the tinkling of ankle bells is not usually for the attention of man.

Simultaneously I will agree that brahmcarini's, when around brahmacari's, should be considerate and not wear loud ankle bells. I know some who removed the bells but kept the rest. So they were not wearing them for anyone but themselves. Women can't help it if they are pretty ya know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't believe women should have to put paper bags over their head, or ankles, ha, to be considered a good devotee. (Not saying you do.) Yet I understand your point and again say women who wear ankle bells should be considerate.

Yes thanks, you understand what I am trying to say.Honesty. I am not on a anti-ankle bell campaign,:) I just used that as an example. These games are natural to the natures we have adopted. They cannot artifically be erased. The wise will recognize them for what they are that's all. As for me, my mind likes some of these subtle sex games.But then that is one of the reasons I can't perceive Krsna.Any sort of communal life will present many oppurtunities for these games. When that is acknowledged and expected it lessons the impact.

I think temple life can do a great job at minimizing them but it helps that they be recognized along the way. They should be checked before they get out of hand however, and one starts thinking they spiritualy own an 11th of the world.

As for married life being a problem that will also continue. Single life also presents problems. Material life means problems. These problems can be reduced but there will always be some. These problems are lessons however, and if accepted as such can aid in our developing Krsna consciousness also.

I know many who got married thinking it was just going to be warm banana milk and reading Krsna book together at night only to find many other dimensions come forth they hadn't bargained on. Many unseen things may lurk in the forest. If one must travel through it best to go in the daytime with both eyes open.

I also know some who have been of great help to each other in progressing towards Krsna Consciousness and have added much stability to the movement as a whole. I have noticed that mutal respect and friendship characterize such marriages.

ps Little kids with ankle bells running around reminds me of Krsna somehow. Must be that charming innocence.

Jaya Radhe

Guest guest

Statistical validation is accepted as correct when you have a large number of patients entered into a double blind trial or study. I am not sure whether the reported statistics stem from a double blind study.

Secondly, it has always been held true that cancerous change is a biological phenomenon that begins within a 'normal cell'. Therefore a supposition that bras can influence cancer can be held to be absurd on the grounds that bras cannot reach the confines of a 'normal' cell under any conditions of time and space.

In another example, there is a specific type of skin cancer called Khangri Cancer that is predominantly seen in Kashmiri women who huddle close to their body earthenware pots filled with hot charcoal to ward off the cruel winters of that region. Ignorance has its rewards and in this case it is a form of 'cancer'.

To close, i will summarise: Cancer is mental ignorance coupled with unbridled foolish enthusiasm supported by blind faith and use of unverified data. Finally, there are always scapegoats in plenty to speak for and against a theory according to the prevalent fashion to gain momentary acclaim.

Dr Paraki

www.chhindia.net

Guest guest

hare krsna,

You have dismissed the male curiosity regarding breasts as nothing but a pre-occupation with fat and water. Honestly, is this what you find in real life interaction? afterall th Good Lord decided the nature of fat and water, didn't he?

dr jayanth g paraki

www.chhindia.net