IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pratyatosa Dasa

Bras and Breast Cancer

Rate this topic

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman,Times" color="#0000ff">

<UL>

<LI> Women who wore their bras 24 hours per day had a 3 out of 4 chance of developing breast cancer (in their study, n=2056 for the cancer group and n=2674 for the standard group).

<LI> Women who wore bras more than 12 hour per day but not to bed had a 1 out of 7 risk.

<LI> Women who wore their bras less than 12 hours per day had a 1 out of 152 risk.

<LI> Women who wore bras rarely or never had a 1 out of 168 chance of getting breast cancer. The overall difference between 24 hour wearing and not at all was a 125-fold difference.

( http://www.all-natural.com/bras.html )

Remember the bra burning demonstrations of the late 60's?

I was supportive.

Bras are also dangerous in that they support the illusion.They prop it up.Make that fat and water look more attractive then it really is.

(Than or then?)Pratyatosa?

Why is it this thread has suddenly become so popular?

Could it be... motherly affection? health nuts? Coconuts?

Theistji: I was also supportive. Balance was all-important.

I've heard & seen - dRSTa zrutabhyam:

Kids breastfed longer, lust less later. Luscious Liquid Love.

Originally posted by Tarun:

Pratyatosaji: "Then" could also be inserted, changing emphasis.

I'm not sure what you mean, Tarun Prabhu, but for anyone who might be interested in the difference between than and then, the following may help:

Example sentence using than:

She is a better athlete than I.

Example sentences using then:

I was still in school then.

Come at noon; I'll be ready then.

I watched the late movie and then went to bed.

It costs $20, and then there's the sales tax to pay.

The star was nervous, but then who isn't on the first night of a new play.

If traffic is heavy, then allow extra time.

The case, then, is closed.

Eamples excerpted from Microsoft Bookshelf 2000

Funny that no women are commenting so far on this subject. A lot of women these days wear light cotton sports bras. Take it from woman; those restrictive harnasses were hellish. Cholies with saris were liberation!

I've always held the same view about manograms; imagine having your testicles squiched like a pancake! I had one once and never again. My cousin died of breast cancer at 44 years old and my mother said she couldn't understand it, that my cousin was very diligent about having a manogram every six months.

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

imagine having your testicles squiched like a pancake! I had one once and never again.

You had one of your testicles squiched? Which one?

Maybe I misunderstood: You once had a pancake? Or worse, a testicle squiched like a pancake? Did you eat it? If so, I can understand your never wanting another one. I am surprised you tried it the first time!!

As far as manograms are concerned, many's the man who'd go mano-a-mano with a few grammes of mammary. Just water and fat, of course.

Originally posted by Jagat:

You had one of your testicles squiched? Which one?

Maybe I misunderstood: You once had a pancake? Or worse, a testicle squiched like a pancake? Did you eat it? If so, I can understand your never wanting another one. I am surprised you tried it the first time!!

As far as manograms are concerned, many's the man who'd go mano-a-mano with a few grammes of mammary. Just water and fat, of course.

Ha! I once saw a man get kicked in the testicles and he doubled over it pain; when I had a manogram it made me think of that for some reason because it hurt so bad and maybe (one never knows for sure) I was in a male body previously and so it was still 'close to home'.

What they all need is partner, team or group exercize. Like this:

up & adown & up & adown & around & around & aback & aforth we go.

Now swing & sway, left to right & aleft to right, keep it up!

Now don't get me wrong. I was only referring to aerobic japa.

>>>Bras are also dangerous in that they support the illusion.They prop it up.Make that fat and water look more attractive then it really is.<<<

I am surprised to read that some men are still blaming their attractions on woman, or thinking the women are out to get them. <sigh>

While I will agree there is some validity to the cancer concern, it is not the bottom line on this. I have read contrary info as well.

Also, as many men may not be aware of, some women with large breasts can end up with serious back problems if they don't wear a bra. It can requiring chiropractic treatment and sometimes... worse.

I doubt any women will be denied going back to Home because she wore a bra. No one asks the men if they keep their boys in brahmana underwear or karmi underwear. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Let's not do similar over women's breasts.

Hope this helps explain things a little.

Back to meditating on more transcendental matters ........

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

It is a bit illogical to relate wearing or not wearing of bras to development of Cancer..! Cancer as far as I know is a transformation of individual normal cells to malignant cells. This means all influence is directed from within. Hence the very proposition is untenable.

Spinsters, young widows, lesbians, etc who have never had a chance to engage in normal physiological functions undergo a powerful negative change guided by 'suppression' and 'repression' and create a soil for development of disease. Therefore it is not always fun to engage in humorous conversations since one never knows when it is going to suddenly end.

Dr Jayanth G Paraki

Consultant in Holistic and Alternative Medicine

India

www.chhindia.net

Guest guest

I doubt any women will be denied going back to Home because she wore a bra.

The simple fact is this will continue to remain the object of attention since it is quite a surface phenomenon.!! Therefore the question is actually have i attained the visa to go back Home with or without a bra[Leave them behind anyway]

No one asks the men if they keep their boys in brahmana underwear or karmi underwear. Let's not do similar over women's breasts.

If you ask me, it is easy to hide the true facts. Hence the wisdom of realising the fact that HE is always sleeping with OPEN eyes..!!

Guest guest

If you ask me, it is easy to hide the true facts. Hence the wisdom of realising the fact that HE is always sleeping with OPEN eyes..!!

What the heck does THAT mean? Women are not sleeping with open eyes? Or she's out to get him cuz she wears a bra? Or it's the women's fault he feels lust? What?

Guest guest

Ahhhh such men. They like to think the women are attracted to them. It is they who are attractec to women and can't stop thinking about her breasts. She can't help she has them, but he can help where he chooces to place his eyes, and mind. Sorry men, the women really dont want you. Stop patting yourself on the back so much.

Guest guest

Guess, if you're a woman and you don't want a man you have two choices, you are a pure soul without desires or you're lesbian.

We're coming one by one, u can c us two by two

Everytime u turn around another's coming through...

=======

How high's the water Mama? 2 feet high & risin'

How high's the water Papa? She said it's 2 feet high & risin'..

Guest guest

When a woman doesn't want a man, such men who can't imagine not wanting a woman, assume if he can't go without sex, she must be on the same page.

No one said anything against men, quite the opposite is going on here.

More imporatant, we are speaking of women who are Vaisnavi's, and therefore did not become devotees to meditate on 'getting a man,' but to dedicate their life to propagating the Holy Names of the Lord. Some of them want to reamin brahamcarini's and are not lesbians, but serious devotees. Any man reading otherwise, is reading his own desires into it.