IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

TB

Rate this topic

My only advice is to stick with Western medicine. Any alternative treatment can be used secondarily or as a compliment to modern medicine. Also, plenty of warm sunshine, and give the person a handkerchief to cough or sneeze into. Mostly it is spread by coughing in the air. It is entirely curable so there is no need to worry.

Gauracandra

Both my father and my aunt (his sister) got TB at the same time when they were in high school back in the early 1940's. It was curable then so it is definitely curable now. Lots of fresh air was part of the prescription then - sunshine and fresh air. I agree follow a doctor's instructions on this one.

Originally posted by atma:

I just heard that somebody that I care for got TB. Any information in treatments, care or TB in general is welcome.

The good news are that she doesn't have the disease, she has TB infection and with medicines for 6 months it will go away. TB infection it is not contagious but if it not treated it may get the disease and that is contagious and dangerous. I learnt that millions of Americans have TB infection and most of them don't even know it. TB germs can live in your body without making you sick. This is called TB infection. The inmune system traps TB germs with special germ fighters. But sometimes, the TB germs can break away and spread. Then they cause TB disease. The germs can attack the lungs or other parts of the body. If TB germs are in your lungs or throat, you can give TB infection to other persons through coughs or sneezes.

The main concern health care professionals have with TB is that patients discontinue their medication half-way. When a patient starts to take the medication, he/she must follow the directions exactly and not miss or skip taking the medication, or discontinue usage (until the doctor says so). What happens is the bacteria develops immunity to the drugs if it is not fully killed off. Then it comes back much stronger (more virulent) and it is very difficult to cure after that.

Gauracandra

[This message has been edited by Gauracandra (edited 01-20-2002).]

You should've titled this thread: "TB or not TB" or

"TB or not TB, That is the Infection"

ZrIla Bv PrabhupAd said:

1) Tuberculosis is for those who eat too little.

2) Diabetis is for those who eat too much.