IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktajoy

Prabhupada's Srimad Bhagavatam free online

Rate this topic

Dear Prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances.All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Few months ago I downloaded Srimad Bhagavatam free,all 10 Cantos from harekrishnatemple.com unfortunately all books are now gone.What happened to that website anybody knows?

I have decided to put it free on my web page.Geocities gives very limited data transfer(only 5 mb)...I am only experimenting at this moment.The files are in Zip format.I will add more cantos later.

http://www.geocities.com/joymukherji2001/sb.html

[This message has been edited by bhaktajoy (edited 04-16-2002).]

[This message has been edited by bhaktajoy (edited 04-17-2002).]

That's it!Plunder that storehouse of love of Krishna and distribute freely,without considering who is a fit candidate or,who has the $ or not.

I love this kind of news.

Thanks Bhaktajoy.

This Thread should be on Vedik Verses or KRSNa Talk Forum.

This Forum's too crowded, too overloaded, too bloated.

Shouldn't there be some balance? Pertinence? Consistence?

Acquiescense? Repentance? Perseverance? Adherence?

Consequence? Deliverance? Effervescence? Hence, Thence, Whence?

Originally posted by gimmegames:

i downloaded them but shouldn't it be Srimad Bhagavatam instead of

Çrémad-Bhägavatam ?

just curious

Dear gimmegames,

Yes you're right I beg your pardon.The Diacritical Fonts are needed to read the books.I added it to my site.Please download the font and enjoy the books!

God bless

Originally posted by karthik_v:

Hari Bol Bhaktajoy Prabhuji,

AGTSP! PAMHO!

What steps do I need to go through to install the fonts?

Karthik Prabhu,

Hare Krishna!

Steps to install them on your computer on WINDOWS/95 or 98.

1. Go to the Windows 95/98 Desktop

2. Double-click the "My Computer"

3. The "My Computer" window will open.

4. Double-click the "Control Panel"

5. The "Control Panel" window will open.

6. Double-click the "Fonts"

7. The "Fonts" window will open showing you the installed fonts.

8. Click on "File" and when the pop-down window appears select "Install New Fonts".

9. The "Add Fonts" will appear.

10. There will be a white text box labeled "Folders".

11. Navigate inside the Folders List box by double-clicking on the c:\ until you find the folder into which you saved the font's. If fonts are found a small entry will be visible temporarily counting the fonts as they are loaded.

12. After the fonts are loaded, they will be shown in the white text box labeled "List of Fonts". You can scroll through the "List of Fonts" list box and select the font you want to install. You can click on one font, or select more than one by holding down the control key as you are clicking on each font, or by clicking on the first font, holding down the shift key and clicking on the last font you want installed. You can also click on the "Select All" button.

Note: If you try to install fonts which are already installed, you will be presented with a warning window telling you that you cannot install the font unless you first un-install it. This is a harmless warning which allows you to continue with the other fonts by simply pressing the OK button.

13. After the font is selected , press the OK button.

14. The font's will then be installed.

15. When you are done, close that window.

16. You will be returned to the Fonts window, and the font you've just installed will be in the list there.

17. You can now close the Fonts window, close the Control Panel, and close the "My Computer" window.

18. Your all done! Restart your computer.

Hope this helps.

Do you have Winzip program???Unzipped files can be found at c:/unzipped

God bless.

Karthik Prabhuji wrote:

Great service. Do you think it will be a nice idea to contact the moderator of this forum, J N Das, and host it in this site?

My reply:Thank you.It would be great to host Srila Prabhupada books on this site!Can you contact JN DAS?

Thank you very much Bhatajoy Prabhuji. I installed the fonts. Thank you for taking the pains to type all the steps. Actually, my question was incomplete, so you hads to do a lot of typing. I wanted to know if more than 1 font had to be installed and if so in any particular order. But, I installed Balaram and it works. Thanks a lot.

J N Das can be reached at jndas@ If he is not touring he would have responded to this. So, I presume that he is touring. So, let us wait for a week before mailing him. Also, let us find out from him if there are any copyright issues involved. I have seen many sites hosting BG As it is and parts of SB, but I don't know if they any permission from BBT.

Thank you Karthik Prabhuji for downloading.

Balaram font works great.I am afraid if there is any copyright issue involved!I don't have any permission from BBT either,let's see what happens,we hope we will hear from JN DAS soon.SB is quite expensive so making all 10 cantos available online helps.

Also,do you have Srimad Bhagavatam book?

[This message has been edited by bhaktajoy (edited 04-17-2002).]

Originally posted by gimmegames:

is there a special font i need to download?

or is it supposed to look like this?

Çrémad-Bhägavatam

Dear Gimmegames,

No you need not download any special fonts.Yesterday the Cantos were in HTML format.Now they are easy to download Zip files.

Hari Bol!

Originally posted by bhaktajoy:

Dear Gimmegames,

No you need not download any special fonts.Yesterday the Cantos were in HTML format.Now they are easy to download Zip files.

Hari Bol!

i downloaded them but shouldn't it be Srimad Bhagavatam instead of

Çrémad-Bhägavatam ?

just curious

Hare Krishna Bhaktajoy Prabhuji,

We have SB book at home in India. But here in the US, I don't have it. I am also very hesitant of collecting too many books here as it becomes impossible to carry them back, so would prefer digital format.

Originally posted by bhaktajoy:

Dear gimmegames,

Yes you're right I beg your pardon.The Diacritical Fonts are needed to read the books.I added it to my site.Please download the font and enjoy the books!

God bless

ahhhhhhhh much better

Srimad Bhagavatam KI JAI

Dear Karthik Prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances!AGTSP!

cool!What are you doing in the US?I guess computer job...so you are a devotee from India,I see...Where from in India???

Don't call me Prabhuji as I am a very fallen soul.You are also senior to me...I am just your servant Posted Image

Have you downloaded other books from my site?Please let you friends know:

http://www.geocities.com/freeprabhupadabooks

How long you have been living here and how often do you visit home?hehe don't mind me just curious Posted Image

http://www.near-death.com has many profound near death experiences!

See ya soon!

Love & Blessings,Joy

I have heard through the grapevine that all of Prabhupada's original works (created in his lifetime) is now in the public domain.

Does anybody have any details on this and specifically which books and volumes this time span covers?

Guest guest

Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't know. Are these the origianl Btwms, or the editated versions by Jayadvaita? Thanks.

thank you, theist!

i'm surprised it hasn't been done before, only downloadable archives. another domain name is pointing to the same site:

<h3>http://srimadbhagavatam.com</h3>

which edition it is you can judge by the contents. i'm not exactly sure to be honest with you. if anyone has a better edition, let me know. i'll update it.

So Ruptor you put it up. It's great, easy to use. A nice resource for refering people to from different sites, and for ourselves as well.

Srila Prabhupada never finished the verse by verse for the tenth canto. I'm not sure exactly where his disciples took over though.

Hare Krsna