IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
beemasane

membership for young adults

Rate this topic

haribol prabhus. although by nature i am very martial in my approach to life situations i have been very gentle with my two boys concerning Krishna Conciousness. i have seen first hand the mistake of dealing with adults and children alike with a do it or else attitude. both of my boys go to the sunday feast lecture and as well a weekly Bhagavadgita class with some of the familiess of my oldest godbrither freinds and manage to ask intelligent question and are very well mannered. i would consider it a breach of ettiquette to enrol them in the Audarya Fellowship without first asking. you see what is happening is that they, unlike me, are MUCH better at the computer stuff than their old man and sre becoming very enlivened because they are seeing how enlivened i am to have all your association so would some of you please give them your blessings and say it is ok. they will chant some mahamantra mantra befor they ask questions to purify themselves, as that is what i do: at least 8 rounds and most of the time 12 rounds i chant before logging on to the fellowship. i might add they are very well balanced in understanding and harmonising controversies concerning gurus and have been taught to honor all as we have never hidden these things during our saddhu sanga. please answer as soon as possible because they are eager to ask and i am trying to dovetail these infernal contraptions to Krishna for them to counter attack their nonsense video games. until i hear from you i remain myself, giving all honor to Vaisnavas. beemasane das

Beemer,

This might be a good thread for them to get used to us. I'm from Canada, that huge country above the United States. It seems you three may be from far away.

Video games do produce great reflexes and eye-hand coordination, but eventually after that is achieved it gets like the same old thing again and again. I know - I used to earn my living creating video games in the early days (mid 80's). My son was 14 and he thought I was a god. He would come to work with me and test the games I had programmed. I must admit that it was the most fun job I ever had. We're both over it now; he got onto a skateboard that same year and now at thirty he makes his living flying through the air like Garuda himself on a skateboard.

But enough of games. I think it will prove very interesting to find out how young folks see life nowadays. I look forward to hearing from your sons, Beemasane das.

Now after all this intrigue, they had better start posting soon!

Hare Krsna

gHari

i am very thankful to hear from you gHari. you have been very inspiring and one time very mystical nice thing happened when you supplied atma rama verse for me minutes away from when i am desiring it...gave me nice goose bumps. yes i am far away geographically but short distance between my heart and yours...as for the boys...born into devotee family, with upstanding tight Prabhupada disciple uncle association of many years...we have seen it all. i will continue this at a short time later,very briefly mind you. you are very merciful to take a chance to vouchsafe for these fine boys. b.

sorry i had to pick up kids. anyways...all i am trying to do with my membership and theirs is try to spread in our own little way a mood of "hey if you're one of Rupa's boys, you're fine with us". i live in a "guru harmonized town" but still there is a difficulty exchanging siddhanta past a certain level. my becoming a member here is kind of an expansion of association. i sense here at Audarya a nice attempt to keep the sideswiping and controversies confined to witty bon mots, a brilliant repartee a smattering of some genuine feel good Vaisnavism, and an INCREDIBLE tableau of serious people who know a whole lot, i find this very refreshing and i swear, sometimes i can feel Prabhupada's smile going right thru me as i punch that submit reply button or when an incoming hit goes straight to my heart. sooooo...i hope you don't think i'm not getting all mushy on you or boring you or worse yet making you scoff in my general direction at my complete lack of comprehending reality, but hey, this a PERSONAL philosophy i figure if i can pick up even just one "Prabhu pen pal" per ten people that just outright ignore me, hey what the hey, huh? and the boys, they are the future, do i really need to stress the significance of this. so i'm going to go now... i hope you will even talk to me after this...if not,see you in the joke section soon at a forum nearest you, where we will laughingly skip along in world harmony...honoring all Vaisnavas...

Originally posted by beemasane:

sorry i had to pick up kids. anyways...all i am trying to do with my membership and theirs is try to spread in our own little way a mood of "hey if you're one of Rupa's boys, you're fine with us". i live in a "guru harmonized town" but still there is a difficulty exchanging siddhanta past a certain level. my becoming a member here is kind of an expansion of association. i sense here at Audarya a nice attempt to keep the sideswiping and controversies confined to witty bon mots, a brilliant repartee a smattering of some genuine feel good Vaisnavism, and an INCREDIBLE tableau of serious people who know a whole lot, i find this very refreshing and i swear, sometimes i can feel Prabhupada's smile going right thru me as i punch that submit reply button or when an incoming hit goes straight to my heart. sooooo...i hope you don't think i'm not getting all mushy on you or boring you or worse yet making you scoff in my general direction at my complete lack of comprehending reality, but hey, this a PERSONAL philosophy i figure if i can pick up even just one "Prabhu pen pal" per ten people that just outright ignore me, hey what the hey, huh? and the boys, they are the future, do i really need to stress the significance of this. so i'm going to go now... i hope you will even talk to me after this...if not,see you in the joke section soon at a forum nearest you, where we will laughingly skip along in world harmony...honoring all Vaisnavas...

Bheem Mama,

Pls introduce me to my cousins....yohoooooo! It seems like its going to be a family get-together.

I agree when you say this board is worth being a member of. Members are truly mature and have a vision. An attitude to share. And uppermost - discipline. This is what sets the base of a succesful society (a web society). If there is no discipline in the members, then the society can never grow and change. This group instills that feeling.

I shd thank JN das for his nice job.

The communist revolutionists in China under Mao Tse-Tung were famous for their disciplined behaviour. When they were in hiding in remote villages, the simple peasants used to house them. So, the rules were

1. lie outside on the detachable doors of the host

2. as soon as one wakes up, fix the door back in position

3. never ill-treat or rape the ladies in the hse

4. Help the peasants in their farm as much as possible

These simple vows made them very dear to the farmers and they considered the Communists as true friends. Mao was a great hero, bcos he wd personify these rules. And those who broke the rules wd be judged ruthlessly by the simple peasants themselves, who were part of the Red Army. Seniors cd not ill-treat their followers. There are stories where the senior members who ill-treated their junior followers were just killed - no questions asked.

Well, the point I am trying to make is that of discipline. How important it is and how it impacts the image of a society.

abhi