IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktashab

Should Mayavadis be banned from the Audarya Fellowship?

Rate this topic

While it would be nice to think that an impersonalist could recieve mercy from the devotees here and realise Bhagavan, shouldn't the obstinate Mayavadis be banned after a while of not listening to reason? I am unsure about this and I just wanted to see how everyone else feels about the issue.

------------------

shab.

Should Mayavadi, impersonalists be banned? I don't know. Show me someone who does not concieve of themselves as a person who posts upon these forums and I might consider the question. As it is though most of us are contaminated with impersonalist doctrines due to our conditioning. For instance all of us are conditioned with the predominant view of reality which posits that we are no more than atoms and molecules, that we have no essential essential identities, that we have no souls. What could be more impersonal than this? The Mayavadis posit that there is no individuality on the spiritual level, but the materialists whose world view forms a portion of our ego identities posit that there is no paramarthic level. Our social and economic theories, the ways in which we see ourselves and realte to each other, the culture of estrangement that is present everywhere all reflect the subtle influences of the poison that we have imbibed from this demoniac world view.

Hari bol

Yes thanks for pointing that out. I can see that we are all impersonal to one extent or another, otherwise we wouldn't be in this material world right? Well I can at least speak for myself.

But what if there was a serious Mayavadi polluting the forum with subtle, clean but offensive remarks in reference to the Supreme Lord's names, forms, qualities and pastimes all being of the nature of illusion?

------------------

shab.

But what if there was a serious Mayavadi polluting the forum with subtle, clean but offensive remarks in reference to the Supreme Lord's names, forms, qualities and pastimes all being of the nature of illusion?

------------------

shab.

Why bhaktashab, you'd just have to lash 'em, smash 'em, bash 'em, slash 'em, and mash 'em, of course! Then pass them onto me so I could flash 'em, which would surely send anyone running off, screaming and crying out for God's mercy...

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-17-2002).]

Originally posted by valaya:

Why bhaktashab, you'd just have to lash 'em, smash 'em, bash 'em, slash 'em, and mash 'em, of course! Then pass them onto me so I could flash 'em, which would surely send anyone off screaming and crying out for God's mercy...

lol Valaya Posted Image

That's the best reply yet!

Although I don't think I'm all that skillful when it comes to smashen'em and bashen'em. I'll leave that to someone else. Maybe we should elect an official 'Mayavadi Smasher'. Someone who's job it is to police the Audarya Fellowship and smash Mayavadis. I'm pretty sure Jahnava Nitai Prabhu already would be doing this if the need arises, but perhaps someone else can take up the challenge? And then that person instead of having 'member' written under their name can have 'mayavadi smasher'. Just an idea Posted Image

------------------

shab.

[This message has been edited by bhaktashab (edited 01-17-2002).]

While it would be nice to think that an impersonalist could recieve mercy from the devotees here and realise Bhagavan, shouldn't the obstinate Mayavadis be banned after a while of not listening to reason? I am unsure about this and I just wanted to see how everyone else feels about the issue.

Forgive them Bhakta Shab, for they know not what they are doing. Remember Krishna pardoned Shishupala a hundred times and draw inspiration from that example. Always pardon people of their offenses as much as you can, including the Mayavadins. Pray to Krishna that he may have mercy on them and may redeem their souls by removing their ignorance.

Hare Krishna

Originally posted by shvu:

Forgive them Bhakta Shab, for they know not what they are doing. Remember Krishna pardoned Shishupala a hundred times and draw inspiration from that example. Always pardon people of their offenses as much as you can, including the Mayavadins. Pray to Krishna that he may have mercy on them and may redeem their souls by removing their ignorance.

Hare Krishna

Aha! Just as I suspected--shvu's a vaisnava in disguise! So, will the real vaisnava please stand up...