IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
luigee

How can I become a Hindu??

Rate this topic

Hello,

I've always found a fascination towards Hinduism. However, it wasn't until lately that I've felt an urge to expand my spiritual side. How can I start the process of becoming a hindu. I'm eager to learn so any suggestions will be nice. This site has good information, but I need and want more. Are there any online classes that I should take?

Originally posted by luigee:

How can I start the process of becoming a hindu.

It is pointless for the hungry

to set up the crockery and cutlery

and to celebrate the ritual of eating

unless they have some food for the table.

Luigee:

Anyways, the objective should not be to become a Hindu. That defeats the very purpose of spiritual pusuit. Spiritualism is not about confining ourselves to sectarian boundaries. What you should instead aspire is to become an eternal servant of the Supreme Lord whom we call Krishna.

That is exactly the purpose the books and the movement of Srila Prabhupad serve. We are all conscious of the Supreme, while in the womb. Yet, after we are born, the all powerful maya, binds us with a magic wand of the hand. And we forget Him and falsely believe that we are the independent enjoyers. When we sincerely aspire to seek Krishna, through the teachings of a bonafide guru, we transcend this maya. In other words we come out of repeated cycles of birth, old age, disease and death. And that is realization.

no, you cannot become a hindu, nor would you want to. These are but temporary designations not related with the self, just bodily and mental designations.

Religion is the destruction of the world, and the only way out is to give up all varieties of religion and surrender to the Supreme Lord, Call his name like a helpless child cries for his mother. If you do this, even once, you transcend the greatest "hindu" and surpass any reward he may have received by mundane religious practice.

Hare Krsna, mahaksadasa