IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Bhakti or mukti

Rate this topic

Mukti is attainable simply by dying in a holy place such as Mathura. The fruits of bhakti are much higher.

pranalyam ishta-khacite

shmashane vyomni mancake

attale va mrito devi

mathure muktim apnuyuh

"Dying in Mathura, whether in a ditch, in a brick-house, at a crematorium, in the sky, on a throne, or in a palace, one attains liberation."

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 06-18-2001).]

From the BG,

This is the brAhmi state, O pArtha,

attaining it, one is not deluded; one who

rests in it even at the time of death,

attains nirvAna in brahman. - 2.72

Hw who thus truly knows my divine birth and

work, is no more born after death; he

attains me, O arjuna - 4.9

He whose happiness is within, whose

rejoicing is within and whose light is

within, that yogi established in brahman,

attains mergence in brahman. - 5.24

...the sage who has liberation as his

highest goal [mokshaparAyaNah] is indeed

ever free. - 5.28

Krishna in the entire BG, is talking about the different approaches to Moksha, a tiny sample of which has been given above. Not in a single place does he indicate that there exists something, better than moksha. If one begins to quote the Vedas to support Moksha as the highest possible state attainable by man, pages can be filled. If a new age pseudo-Vedantin comes along and says there is something better than moksha, such a claim is spurious and has absolutely no support in Vedanta. In fact, it is against Krishna's teachings.

Summarily, when Krishna has taught something that is is accordance to the Veda, and some Takur/Goswami, says something else which is non-vedic, then one knows what to do with it.

And to back this up,

But those who carp at this teaching of mine and do not practise it - know such fools to be bereft of all knowledge and to be doomed.

Which is what a pseudo-vedantin who claims there is something better than moksha is doing.

Cheers

MUKTI=MUCK and I'm sorry to say many are determinedly stuck in it, if not actually full of it. I'd rather they didn't get any on me, though, nasty sticky stuff that it is. Yucky mucky gooey guck!!!

------------------

No offense meant to anyone...

...and I'm sorry to say many are determinedly stuck in it (mukti), if not actually full of it.

The reason is that is what the Vedas teach as the highest goal to be attained by man. That is why. It is as simple as 2 + 2 = 4.

Unfortunately, people here have absolutely no knowledge of all this and have been given a false picture. The iskconites do not know what Veda is, it's status ,and what makes other scriptures authority, under what circumstances or any of these details. I can't begin to explain this. One cannot learn trigonometry without knowing geometry. One must go beyond the comic books supplied by iskcon to learn this. It is funny, actually. A 16th century bogus teaching supersedes the Vedanta for some. A major mis-information campaign is what this is.

In fact, notice that gentlemen here who disagree with me will not produce a single quote from Sruti or even the BG to support their claim that Bhakti > Mukti. Cannot, because, there doesn't exist any. That should tell people something. But will it, I wonder. Instead, other gimmicks will be tried like "you do not do research, you are sliding [whatever that means], you do Ctrl-V, etc". And yes, Shrisha Rao will be bought in at some point.

Cheers

For sivu.

Detailed The circuit.

Material qualities - absence of qualities - spiritual qualities.

sivu Prabhu, be mercy to devoted, you too have not answered already 4 questions.

If all our reasonings are material, whether there is a sense it to discuss? It is necessary to rise above than duality, chuckling above a short-sighted sect. You simply have dialogue, sacti too Posted Image, why if true without qualities all of you discuss time of quality? And why you aspire to dialogue, if the purpose to merge in unity? This obstacle. I agree, present mayavadi it is a rarity, majority all the same that sruti, that smriti.

Direct contrast of material qualities, spiritual qualities, whether the truth?

About raganuge.

To what then Krisna speaks by the weapon of knowledge win ignorance? Many and many people in the past were cleared? To what then all descriptions various yoga? Where all this is necessary? What for sacred did(made) askeza what to receive darsan? What for doctrines Narada, Vyasa....? In this case Krisna would tell - " it is not necessary sadana, all will come spontaneously. "

Is guilty, my interpreter does not translate the following words

MUCK, Yucky, gooey guck, could not somebody write simple synonyms?

It is necessary to follow the spiritual teacher, fidelity in it. Simply it is not necessary anybody to offend seriously. Differently early or late it is possible to suffer ship-wreck.

To us came recently Urukrama Prabhu by him(it) there was no place to stop and they have lived at us. Excellent(different) kirtan, the philosophy at us a little differs, but we have found a lot of unities in other places. It is necessary to protect the spiritual teacher and to not try to decide(solve) thus all problems. And as it is necessary to study to respect others, not looking on external problems. Why you do not want to study? That for nonsense - " I shall practise at once top in bhakti ", hence I great.

That which in the beginning may be just like poison but at the end is just like nectar and which awakens one to self-realization is said to be happiness in the mode of goodness.

Unintelligent men, who do not know Me perfectly, think that I, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krisna, was impersonal before and have now assumed this personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is imperishable and supreme.