IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
streetdog

What is all this about?

Rate this topic

I wonder what this stuff is about. Radha and Krishna, Gauranga, etc.

They look just like human beings. How can they be God? Does God have a limited shape?

It is very hard to understand this stuff.

"Streetdog"

For those who find it difficult to relect on a formless god, a system of gods in various forms, have been suggested.

All the Gods that you hear of, belong to this category. People find it easier to think of forms.

Originally posted by streetdog:

Does God have a limited shape?

It is very hard to understand this stuff.

Streetdog

God's Form is Unlimited

That is why you cant understand It

Some worship a Formless God

Which they cant understand

street post talasiga@hotmail.com

We are limited beings that have a limited understanding of the absolute. God has so much mercy that he has appeared to us in limited forms, whilst remaining unlimited. This gives us understanding of how to return to his unlimited abode. This is my opinion, however it is bound to the limits of my understanding.

Originally posted by jndas:

For those who find it difficult to reflect on a personal God, a system of meditating on His impersonal form (avyakta-murti) has been suggested.

I would change the word `reflect` to LOVE. Intimacy must be personal and for some that is impossible to accept. Fortunately, the Holy Names are here for all and will reveal the absolute according to the nature of the aspirant. Through gradual purification of the heart, perfection will eventually come, though many lifetimes may be required.

In a living relationship with a PERSONAL God, however, change can occur very quickly indeed, in fact MIRACULOUSLY so. I am speaking here from my own personal experience.

------------------

amanpeter@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Originally posted by amanpeter:

I would change the word `reflect` to LOVE. Intimacy must be personal and for some that is impossible to accept. Fortunately, the Holy Names are here for all and will reveal the absolute according to the nature of the aspirant. Through gradual purification of the heart, perfection will eventually come, though many lifetimes may be required.

In a living relationship with a PERSONAL God, however, change can occur very quickly indeed, in fact MIRACULOUSLY so. I am speaking here from my own personal experience.

<center>Posted Image

"Street dogs in love"</center>