IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maybe he said he is not hindu because hindu is not a religion but a collection of beliefs based on the vedic texts. Vaishnavism is a branch of what some people consider hinduism. I am Vaishnava and don't think of myself as hindu but many would call me that, but does it really matter what the title some would give you is?

The only thing that matters is love of God.

I just came upon this forum randomly and noted the silly squabbles so I thought I might say something. I wish you all well.

-Hare Krishna-

But have taken KRISHNA as GOD and that makes you a HINDU or a follower of Sanathana Dharma which is Hinduism as known throughout the world.

All religion have their differences. Christians have theirs such as Protestants disagree with Chatolics, Methodist oppose to Chatolics and Protestants and vice versa. Muslims with their four divisions are against each others practice and ullamas. So Hinduism has its own squabbles but it is ours. In a way it is healthy because we get to learn much from such and for your information we do not blow ourself up because of this differences. This forum is a platform for healthy discussions but there are some who get highly emotional over small things but we understand them and we will depart with friendly advice.

So, do not worry about such issues as you will learn many important issues here and you are welcome to present ayours as you feel right.

OM NAMA SHIVAYA

Guest guest

"This forum is a platform for healthy discussions but there are some who get highly emotional over small things but we understand them and we will depart with friendly advice."

That is good to know. I agree that debate is good and can bring things to light, but I was just worried that some folks were getting too personal with some of their remarks towards each other.

"In a way it is healthy because we get to learn much from such and for your information we do not blow ourself up because of this differences."

I did not mean to imply that, sorry /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That brings to mind a Jain parable of the blind men and the elephant, this is how it goes:

"Once a royal retinue was stopping at a village to spend their afternoon. The village folks came there and amongst them there were six blind men. All had heard a lot about elephants but none had ever been able to see one. They

requested the care-taker to allow them to touch the elephant so that they may be able to make out what the elephant could be like. They were permitted to do so. The first who came across the ears stated that the elephant was like a tusk weeding tool (Supada). The other caught hold of the trunk and stated that the elephant was like a big wooden pestle. The third touched the tusks and said it was like a big windpipe. The fourth touched the legs and said it was like a big pillar. The fifth felt the stomach and said it looked like a water-bag. The sixth had a tail in his hand and said it appeared to him like a broom. Each thought that his version was right and others were wrong. The care-taker said that none of them had ever seen the elephant fully. Each one had merely seen one limb and from that data each one had given his surmises about the whole elephant. This was, therefore, the cause of their quarrel. He explained the whole position, and all the blind men became silent and

departed."

So difference in opinion is good, but sometimes we need to see each other's opinions in a clear and open mind in order to see the whole picture.

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome, I think I like this forum thing, never really done it much before. I'll have to get a user name and whatnot. Hopefully that all made sense, I did not get much sleep last night and am kinda tired today.

-Hare Krishna-

Guest guest

"I just came upon this forum randomly and noted the silly squabbles so I thought I might say something. I wish you all well."

I can see you mean business here. It doesn't look like 'just', 'random', 'silly', 'I thought', 'say something'. You clearly mean to support vaishnavas far from nuetral.

Stop such pretence as above and surrender to god. stop judging other things as squabbles. And teach fellow vaishnavites better means of pleasing their customized and demi-godish version of krishna, than by merely arguing all the time that krishna is the only supreme.

i think he is the resident 'guest'

who might have gotten bored, and so posted this.

if this forum controlers could not force all to use a unique usermane to post here, we could agree to not respond to 'guest'.

Hello again.

This is the "guest",

"I can see you mean business here. It doesn't look like 'just', 'random', 'silly', 'I thought', 'say something'. You clearly mean to support vaishnavas far from nuetral."

I actually did randomly come upon this forum, I have only used a forum once before. I do surrender to god as best I can, as I said in my first post.

"i think he is the resident 'guest'

who might have gotten bored, and so posted this."

I can understand you thinking this, that 'guest' is who prompted me to post in the first place. I'm sure the 'squabbles' are not common place, and I didn't mean to sound judgmental I choose the wrong choice of word. You misundertand me.

"Stop such pretence as above and surrender to god. stop judging other things as squabbles. And teach fellow vaishnavites better means of pleasing their customized and demi-godish version of krishna, than by merely arguing all the time that krishna is the only supreme. "

I'm sorry but I don't know where you got all of that. I never said Krishna is the only supreme avatar of Vishnu.

Thanks again to the first poster for being more welcoming. Sorry to you others I did not mean to offend in anyway. I was trying to say with my post that all ideas are needed and should not be attacked, but looked at equally to gain a better understanding.

Bogert,

-Hare Krishna-