IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Anbe sivam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"Anbe Sivam", means love is god and god is love.

This is the central theme of all great Tamil scriptures of the past.

History behind the above phrase and few other timeless words:

tirumUlar is arguably the most important sage of Tamil Nadu. He originated both the Tamil Siddha movement and the Saiva siddhAnta religious tradition. His 3000 verse tirumantiram is at once a theoretical treatise of Saiva philosophy and a technical guide of tantra yOga. His pervasive influence on the Tamil psyche is evident from the fact that so many axioms of Tamil culture and thought are tirumUlar's sayings! For example

onRE kulam, oruvanE dEvan

"All humanity is one family, and God is but one!" This universalism, an integral part of the Tamil thought long before tirumUlar, became a central thesis in the religious development of Tamil Nadu after tirumUlar, with tAyumAnavar and rAmalinga aDikaL developing this theme further in later centuries.

yAn petRa inbam peRuha ivvaiyagam

"May the whole word experience the bliss that I have attained!" tirumUlar gives the above as the reason for composing tirumantiram. This sense of altruism, too, had a powerful impact on later religious thought of Tamil Nadu. ThAyumAnavar says that he has no wish other than that all humanity attain to happiness.

anbE Sivam!

"God is Love! (God and Love are not two, but identical!)" This saying, which permeates Tamil literary and social thought, is a revolutionary statement that departed from the contemporary opinion that love was a means to God (but not God itself, by implication).

Guest guest

But basically people think they should love someone only when the others love them as well..that is a Hindu should love a true Hindu..like in BGeetha that god would love u only if u do so and so and be so and so..if LOVE is GOD,then it means unconditional.whether that person is perfect or not.whether he is from any religion caste or nationality..also i think there wont be a religion if this is implemented and that is y most people..especially in religious boards they wont agree to this

ANBE SIVAM,infact in this board it seems they dont consider any god as useful at all..if u notice someone had said all prayers shouldbe directed towards Krishna...so where is the question of Anbe Sivam

Jai Ganesh

Pranam Shaiviteji

I read your post with great interest

nice post keep it up

Sivam

Pranam Guestji

Re

(But basically people think they should love someone only when the others love them as well..that is a Hindu should love a true Hindu..like in BGeetha that god would love u only if u do so and so and be so and so..if LOVE is GOD,then it means unconditional.)

In Gita i see no cumpulsion, in fact Krishna ends with saying now do what you have to do.

we all say love should be unconditional, and so it should be, but us mortals are self propelled always with an ulterior motives

Is god love? of course yes, only we do not see it,we fail to recognize he/she is the provider the proprietor we fail to love him back. choice is ours we either love him or love his external energy, but he loves us unconditionaly

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

In BG Krishna asks to see the union of matter and conciousness in all things. The matter is the energy manisfested, and the conciousness is the spirituality unmanifested. In a different context of samkhya philosphy Krishna also explains the union of pakriti and prusuha.

We notice that the contemporaries quote God as distinct from his Yenergy, or more klearly the Yexternal Yenergy. May be this is one of the contemporarily spoken things to announce the intent to make Krishna or the supreme being proud, regardless of what krishna explains in BG.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(We notice that the contemporaries quote God as distinct from his Yenergy, or more klearly the Yexternal Yenergy. May be this is one of the contemporarily spoken things to announce the intent to make Krishna or the supreme being proud, regardless of what krishna explains in BG.)

Yes it is easy to make that assumption and I can see why, such is the nature of words, we can understand that the energy and energetic can not be distinct.

Energy does come in different forms, when we discuss material energy and its temporary nature; it is not difficult to make the distinction.

Point was we may love god in his full glory or we may love his energy, which is temporary, or changing in nature thus perceived to be different.

bg4.11

ye yatha mam prapadyante

tams tathaiva bhajamy aham

mama vartmanuvartante

manusyah partha sarvasah

All of them--as they surrender unto Me--I reward accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Prtha.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Shakti is distinct from Shaktiman. There is no such thing as energy without a possessor of energy. There is no such thing as consciousness without a being who's conscious. So advaita comes crashing down. There is only eternal distinction between Iswara, Jiva and Jada. Read BG properly, both you and SM-whatever, and stop talking ..

Jai ganesh

Good have it your way

One sure way to win an argument is to shut people up or ask them to stop posting, just as you asked Shaivite.

This way you will be able to misquote and say what ever you wish.

Word of advise not that you will take but I say it any way, practice and follow your path with love and devotion but try not to force on to others.

If you think that the sakti and saktiman are two distinct thing then so be it

Jai Shree Krishna

I thought it was the name of a stupid Tamil movie, featuring a stupid atheist. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I don't remember hearing anything like this since modern time though.

To me, Responsiblity and Proper Living is Way to God, not foolish love.

It is the title of Kamalhassan's movie where he played the character of an atheist (potrayed quite well - the idiocy and all).

I watched it in Cable in Malaysia once ... didn't like it. Then again, I never did like KamalHassan ... maybe it is his name.

Guest guest

Friend,

If Brothers, Revelation, Love and compassion are Christian words, then you have wrong understanding of the true spirit with which Hinduism is followed in India.

You seem to be confused with BJP, ISKCON, VHP and RSS form of hinduism where Scripture reigns supreme than the message god really wishes to convey.

You want to build a stone temple with stone idol after destroying the existing structure without understanding the true purpose temples are supposed to serve.

Meanwhile, I follow the message of great saints like Valluvar, Manika vasagar and Vallalar.

Anyway, I see that I've not made any impact on anyone, if that is the wish of god, so be it.

Maybe we are destined to follow path of destruction with more incidents like Ayodhya and Godhra.

It may have sound stupid to you but not to millions of Tamilinas around the world.

May be you did not understand the moral of the story and the language. But to pass such a remark makes you look stupid. Certain Tamil movies have good moral values an this one "Anbey Shivam" far better. It teaches that God lives in all and that we should love each other to dicover the values of life. The charactor of hero played by Kamalahasan was superb. You have to see the movie before you pass such a remark.

Guest guest

I dont like Kamalahasan either and yes he is a real life atheist.

However, i liked his movie Nayakan...he was good in it!

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

You seem to be confused with BJP, ISKCON, VHP and RSS form of hinduism where Scripture reigns supreme than the message god really wishes to convey.

This guy is totally dumb and/or full of hatred for Vaisnhnavites, that he does not understand the difference between political parties like BJP, VHP, RSS etc. which do not follow any scripture and ISKCON which follows scripture.

I have never heard of ISKCON participating in destruction of Ayodhya structure. To the contrary, these were all done by followers or believers of Shiva.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(I have never heard of ISKCON participating in destruction of Ayodhya structure. To the contrary, these were all done by followers or believers of Shiva.)

It is true i have not heard anything like that either.

It would be too much to ask Iskcon to participate.

But to suggest they were all followers of Shiva is pure ignorance,malicious and anti Hindu, but then i suspect you are not a Hindu

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

It is true i have not heard anything like that either.

It would be too much to ask Iskcon to participate.

Thankyou for confirming ISKCON played no part, eventhough I am not part of ISKCON.

But to suggest they were all followers of Shiva is pure ignorance,malicious and anti Hindu, but then i suspect you are not a Hindu

Think what you may Ganeshprasad, but it is a fact that majority Hindus in Northern India are followers of Shiva (meaning that these people believe Shiva as supreme). Vaishnavites have always been a minority in any part of India. This is the sure sign of kali Yuga progressing faster.

For your info I come from Tamil Nadu and am a Hindu.

I gave this reply to set right the prjudice this Shivite holds for Vaishnavas. He thinks that teachings of Shaivam only is good. I want to show him that it is these fellows who follow Shaivam, in essence, that did the demolishing of Ayodhya structure(I call it a structure deliberately). This fool also believes in AIT, which is evident from his writings in Vedas and Gita.

Jai Ganesh

Re

(Think what you may Ganeshprasad, but it is a fact that majority Hindus in Northern India are followers of Shiva (meaning that these people believe Shiva as supreme). Vaishnavites have always been a minority in any part of India.)

This is news to me, and it does not matter to me much as long as Hindus follow dharma.

up North the Vaisnava V Shaiva rivairy never was as intense as down south.

And from where i come from ie. Gujrat such enmity was unheard off.

Re

( This is the sure sign of kali Yuga progressing faster. )

progress of kali is unavoidable, we dont help much when we make wild accusation or divide ourself on grounds of Shiva Or Vishnu worship.

Re

(I gave this reply to set right the prjudice this Shivite holds for Vaishnavas. He thinks that teachings of Shaivam only is good. I want to show him that it is these fellows who follow Shaivam, in essence, that did the demolishing of Ayodhya structure(I call it a structure deliberately). This fool also believes in AIT, which is evident from his writings in Vedas and Gita.)

I agree this person has not helped much, and who ever believes in AIT i fill sorry for, since they are not able to see the blatant lies the old masters told, to rule us and make us look foolish.

Jai Shree Krishna

Revelations means two things :

1. God hide something and decides to reveal to you (via prophets).

2. God created something new in the Universe (which is unknown before) and decides to share.

Both are false. God do not hide ANYTHING, we don't understand most of the things around us because we are too busy thinking about it from our own point of view (view from within outward).

Also while God do create things news, most of the fundamentals in the Universe remain constant - like the Laws of Gravity, Matter, Energy and things like that. Laws governing Man so he could reach God also remain same. Judaism don't believe that God will change the Laws every few thousand years just to please the change Man has made.

Take Mahabratha for example - it comprises information about Devas, Demons, Yaksa and Man. But in all this races, the Lesson He always teachs is same - live in Harmony with themselves and Nature and with Love and Peace.

If Brothers, Revelation, Love and compassion are Christian words, then you have wrong understanding of the true spirit with which Hinduism is followed in India.

Love and Compassion? This maybe not Christian words but it is NOT Christian quality. Never in history of Man have Christians approach others with Love and Compassion. They approach others with an attitude that they are "chosen ones" by God and others are inferior. Even today, the same attitude exists.

While Jews do proclaim they are chosen people of God, Jews proclaim it in such way that Judaism is for them alone and others are free to follow whatever they choose (include Judaism). Matter a fact, many celebrities like Madonna follow Judaism (even so she is not a Jew) and Jews themselves to do interfere with her choice (they just make noise when she abuse them).

Anyway, I see that I've not made any impact on anyone, if that is the wish of god, so be it.

Maybe we are destined to follow path of destruction with more incidents like Ayodhya and Godhra.

There is no "We" here, just you.

Like I said before in other threads, Hindusm are following path of destruction because of foolish notions like Love and Compassion toward barbaric races like Christians and Muslims (like what you are doing).

Like it or not - this is War. This is War of Righteousness and MUST be fought with Righteousness itself. Internet is the 1st Stage - flood the Net with information on Hindusm and about God. Let the people choose which is the true words of God and come back, instead of living in delusion and self-denial which is Islam and Christianity.

Real War - one where we will fight with our hands, is not yet here. Strengthen our children with knowledge and Dharma first. God will tell when to fight and give us victory. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It may have sound stupid to you but not to millions of Tamilinas around the world.

Nobody said millions of Tamilians around the world are clever bunch, otherwise they won't be living all over the world (choose to leave India) and leave India in the gutters, do they? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

May be you did not understand the moral of the story and the language. But to pass such a remark makes you look stupid. Certain Tamil movies have good moral values an this one "Anbey Shivam" far better. It teaches that God lives in all and that we should love each other to dicover the values of life. The charactor of hero played by Kamalahasan was superb. You have to see the movie before you pass such a remark.

I have seen it - twice. We (in Malaysia) can watch Chinese, Tamil, Malays, Japanese and so many more shows and they have subtitles and such to help us understand. And it is still stupid piece of .. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The character Kamalhassan places is character of stupidity embodied. The character disbelief in God because his girlfriend's father seems to be a religious person who mumbles God's name every 5 minutes (like a stupid Muslim fanatic just before they kill someone).

Kamalhassan's character is one who is coward. He has NO guts to take his love, get married and live life. His girlfriend is a materialistic one - she didn't even check properly to see whether her love truly dead or not and simply believe he is and end up marrying 6 months after the accident (which I find it insulting). I guess she was "itch".

I don't see why Kamalhassan's character needs to blame God for anything. In my opinion, he is a coward who not willing to say "I'm a gutless coward" and turn and says "You are a coward" toward God for not doing anything (which is accordance to Laws of Karma - he who sow the seed will reap the benefict).

Also, I don't see why he has to potray Christians nuns to be very kind and etc ... why can't he potray Hindu Ashram workers who devoteed their life to live for God?

Another idiocy here - Christians nuns are good and loving and Hindus are bad and hyprocrites? Is that the message this idiot (I speak of Kamal, not his character here) trying to send?

Hmph ... as far as I see, Kamal is an insult to Indian society. It is people like him (which government of India - another bunch of idiots - give him Doctorate awards) which is eating India away from the inside.

Let's look at that the other person's (what's the name? Madhavan, right?) character. The way Madhavan potray the character is like all Hindus are short-sighted, impatience, stupid and very materialistics and need guidance from an atheist to do simply things like wash his backside.

I find this movie INSULTING to my sensors. If Kamal stood in front of me right now, I could slap the fool in the face and asked him whether his mother slept with some foreigner to produce him?

Never willing to accept someone elses view point. What a self-centred and obnoxious person you are.

##Nobody said millions of Tamilians around the world are clever bunch, otherwise they won't be living all over the world (choose to leave India) and leave India in the gutters, do they?##

This much you know about Indian economics. Do you know how many millions of foreign earnings now goes into India every month? It's obivious you do not know otherwise you would not make such a sweeping statement. These Indians working overseas are wiser than you and me. But what the heck anyway coz you are a self-centered fool.

##I have seen it - twice. We (in Malaysia) can watch Chinese, Tamil, Malays, Japanese and so many more shows and they have subtitles and such to help us understand. And it is still stupid piece of .. ##

As though in India they do not watch other language shows. You must be living in a nut shell. The Indians are far more better movie makers than the Malaysians. Have you forgotten who gave the first movie career for the late P.Ramli? May be you do not know and that is why you puking. An Indian director form India and than and Indian local director. But what the heck ,you are an ignorant of all these facts.

##The character Kamalhassan places is character of stupidity embodied. The character disbelief in God because his girlfriend's father seems to be a religious person who mumbles God's name every 5 minutes (like a stupid Muslim fanatic just before they kill someone). ##

The charactor does not say he disbeliefs the existence of God but clearly says God dwells in all hearts. Looks like you do not believe God dwells in every living entity. There are hypocrates and there are true devotees. Do not get confused. Thinking of God and uttering his name every second is not fanatism but using his name to commit crimes and atrocities is adharmam. You choose what you want to do, dharma or adharma. The heroine's father was a hypoctare and cheating his employees in the name of God. But you could not make out the moral of the story line.

##Kamalhassan's character is one who is coward. He has NO guts to take his love, get married and live life. His girlfriend is a materialistic one - she didn't even check properly to see whether her love truly dead or not and simply believe he is and end up marrying 6 months after the accident (which I find it insulting). I guess she was "itch".##

That may be the style of your love story but not the charactor palyed by Kamal. There are some lovers who would want their parents blessings for their marriage while those selfish lovers would only want to see to their happiness and let the parents suffer the loss. May be you belong to the later.

##I don't see why Kamalhassan's character needs to blame God for anything. In my opinion, he is a coward who not willing to say "I'm a gutless coward" and turn and says "You are a coward" toward God for not doing anything (which is accordance to Laws of Karma - he who sow the seed will reap the benefict"

I too had watched that movie and there was no such message in the story line. May be you imagined it. Although the charactor beliefs in the doctorine of Karlmax but never said he disbelief the existenec of God. Otherwise he would not say "Anbey Shivam".

##Also, I don't see why he has to potray Christians nuns to be very kind and etc ... why can't he potray Hindu Ashram workers who devoteed their life to live for God?##

Devoting your life to live for God is different from devoting your life to serve mankind. Serving mankind is a direct path to God than devoting your live to God. Read the Gita well and you will understand the real meaning of serving God.

## Also, I don't see why he has to potray Christians nuns to be very kind and etc ... why can't he potray Hindu Ashram workers who devoteed their life to live for God? ##

Was it not a fact? Take Mother Terrasa was she not kind and merciful? She came for her native country to serve the destitutes and untouchables Indians. Well, how would a self-centered person like you understand such an act of mercy?

##Hmph ... as far as I see, Kamal is an insult to Indian society. It is people like him (which government of India - another bunch of idiots - give him Doctorate awards) which is eating India away from the inside.#

Don't worry next time if there is an award for idoits, I would recommend you for it. May be that is what you lack now.

##I find this movie INSULTING to my sensors. If Kamal stood in front of me right now, I could slap the fool in the face and asked him whether his mother slept with some foreigner to produce him?#

Yes, I agree your sensors are far too low for such movies and morever Kamal has better things to do than meet an idiot like you.

Guest guest

Dear friends,

I'm unaffected by insults, allegations or praises.

I'll continue to do what in my opinion is a very sacred duty.

I knew I'll get lot of opposition because my way of approach is fundamentally different from all common streams of hinduism.

The general perception is that Hinduism is just following Vedas and BG. However, there is an entirely other aspect of hinduism that even most hindus chose not to speak about.

This is the hinduism followed by the likes of Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Ramana Maharishi and Vallalar.

The mainstream population of India is following the aspect of hinduism I'm advocating, maybe without even realizing it.

For people who say Hare Krishna was not involved in destruction of Ayodhya. Well, of course they didn't send armed hooligans to destroy the structure, but nevertheless, their sect of hinduism strongly advocates sectarianism.

Their words are full of malice and they advocate strict adherence to books whose central theme circles around warfare.

Does it not explain the hatred shown by people like Maadhav and Ranga towards people of other community?

Was this hatred present before 1900? I doubt so.

Also when I mean Hare Krishna and ISKCON, I mean all sects of hinduism that takes the religion back to dark ages.

This much you know about Indian economics. Do you know how many millions of foreign earnings now goes into India every month? It's obivious you do not know otherwise you would not make such a sweeping statement. These Indians working overseas are wiser than you and me. But what the heck anyway coz you are a self-centered fool.

I'm talking about working for India, you are talking about selling her short for a buck. That is the difference between us.

According to reports, 34% of employees in Microsoft, 16% in NASA and almost half in Silicon Valley are Indians. This sort of fools can make the same excuse as you do - they can go around and say "We give money to India, we are Indians also". Excuse me ... anyone can give charity to beggars, that don't make them love the beggar. That is what India is becoming now.

As though in India they do not watch other language shows. You must be living in a nut shell. The Indians are far more better movie makers than the Malaysians bla bla bla

I'm not talking about movie producers and such, I'm speaking of a piece of "." which Kamal produced and acted in. Stick to the topic.

The charactor does not say he disbeliefs the existence of God but clearly says God dwells in all hearts. Looks like you do not believe God dwells in every living entity.

I believe Man can achieve God's Nature (according to what he thinks God is) but he cannot become God nor can Man become God's second on the Earth.

The heroine's father was a hypoctare and cheating his employees in the name of God. But you could not make out the moral of the story line.

Wrong ... the question the movie asked is - whether "God is Love" or "Love is God", not whether God exists or not. Like I said before, Acting in Responsiblity IS Path to God, NOT Love alone.

ANY fool can say he has love for God and do all sort of foolishness like what potrayed by Kamal. BUT if Kamal's character was responsible, then he could have fought to the end - end of his life or end of the conflict and he lives happily.

Like so many atheists, denial is what kept Kamal's character's moving. He keeps thinking he was powerless and that is denial. In Love and in War, there is only two option - you fight and survive or you fail and die. Kamal is a character who failed but refuse to accept his defeat.

There are some lovers who would want their parents blessings for their marriage while those selfish lovers would only want to see to their happiness and let the parents suffer the loss.

Hmph ... arrogant and stupidity. Has ANY lover asked permission from their parents to fall in love? Nope. So why fall in love and then seek blessing? It's like jumping into the water and then learning how to swim.

If you love someone, you seek to find whether she loves you or not. If she does, approach the parents immediately. Do everything properly so honor of the families will not be jeapordized. Don't go around the city enjoying yourself first, forgetting about honor and trust your parents have for you.

Although the charactor beliefs in the doctorine of Karlmax but never said he disbelief the existenec of God. Otherwise he would not say "Anbey Shivam".

Karl Max is an atheist and a Communist (I believe) and their doctrine IS about disbelief in God. Also, "Anbe Sivam" means "Love is God", in another word, he doesn't belief in God and goes around thinking Love is God which is foolishness.

Devoting your life to live for God is different from devoting your life to serve mankind. Serving mankind is a direct path to God than devoting your live to God. Read the Gita well and you will understand the real meaning of serving God.

Wrong ... according to Hindusm, Devoting yourself to service Man (among others) IS direct devotion to God. It is stated in Hindusm that "Makal Sevai Mahashevarn Sevai" (Service to the People is Service to God). It shows that Responsiblity toward the Society is Path to God, not Love like what stated in the movie.

Was it not a fact? Take Mother Terrasa was she not kind and merciful? She came for her native country to serve the destitutes and untouchables Indians. Well, how would a self-centered person like you understand such an act of mercy?

So? I also seen Gautama Buddha (a Buddhist) and Mahatma Gandhi also. Is her service to the people greater than the former two? Why? because she is a foreigner who came to do service in India, which is why she is honored while Gautama Buddha and Gandhi is dragged throught the mud?

Yes, I agree your sensors are far too low for such movies and morever Kamal has better things to do than meet an idiot like you.

I'm sure a lot of people with rocks and slippers is waiting for him in Malaysia, especially among womenfolks which he continued to insult in his movies with sexy clothes, stereotypical potraits and such.

##I'm talking about working for India, you are talking about selling her short for a buck. That is the difference between us.

According to reports, 34% of employees in Microsoft, 16% in NASA and almost half in Silicon Valley are Indians. This sort of fools can make the same excuse as you do - they can go around and say "We give money to India, we are Indians also". Excuse me ... anyone can give charity to beggars, that don't make them love the beggar. That is what India is becoming now.###

We are not talking about Indians in US alone but other countries in the East. Huh! But Malaysia, that is a question mark because Malaysian employers are a cheat and exploiters. Refuse to pay wages and withholding their passports. What a shame? Many reports have been made against Malaysian employers against mistreatment of Indian workers from India.

Do you know that those families of Indian workers in Dubai, Abu Dabi, Masket are having comfortable life now that their sons and husbands are earning good money in foriegn land? Ofcourse you do not bother about that, do you?

I'm not talking about movie producers and such, I'm speaking of a piece of "." which Kamal produced and acted in. Stick to the topic.##

So far I have stuck to the topic but I think you have diverted. The script calls for such and so it had to be made in such a manner to make fools like you to make your own assumption.

##I believe Man can achieve God's Nature (according to what he thinks God is) but he cannot become God nor can Man become God's second on the Earth.##

Wrong again. It is what you believe but not Ramakrishna or Ramalingam and so did many others before them. If you believe God is in you than you can be one by being compassionate and merciful towards all living being and that is the quality of GOD. If you talk about creation than we are creating human life every second and so are other creatures. Come to your senses and look deep inside not on surface.

##Wrong ... the question the movie asked is - whether "God is Love" or "Love is God", not whether God exists or not. Like I said before, Acting in Responsiblity IS Path to God, NOT Love alone.

ANY fool can say he has love for God and do all sort of foolishness like what potrayed by Kamal. BUT if Kamal's character was responsible, then he could have fought to the end - end of his life or end of the conflict and he lives happily.

Like so many atheists, denial is what kept Kamal's character's moving. He keeps thinking he was powerless and that is denial. In Love and in War, there is only two option - you fight and survive or you fail and die. Kamal is a character who failed but refuse to accept his defeat.##

What is with you? May be you are bias or jealous of Kamal's fame and fortune. It was a master piece compared to any other Indian commercial movies and yet you critisize. You mus realy hate him very much otherwise why would you use such words. What is there to fight when you find that in the end the girl you loved is marrying the guy you just began to like and who has accepted you as an elder brother. If you are the director and writer what would you have done to end the climax of the story? Ask yourself and come up with something more interseting that you feel he failed to do.

##Hmph ... arrogant and stupidity. Has ANY lover asked permission from their parents to fall in love? Nope. So why fall in love and then seek blessing? It's like jumping into the water and then learning how to swim.

If you love someone, you seek to find whether she loves you or not. If she does, approach the parents immediately. Do everything properly so honor of the families will not be jeapordized. Don't go around the city enjoying yourself first, forgetting about honor and trust your parents have for you.##

We are not talking about asking permission before falling in love but asking permission and blessing after falling in love. Read the sentense well before jumping the gun. The father was a class conscious and greed for wealth but pretend to be a Shiva bakthan. Morever knowing the father was and enemy of the working class how would you think he could have aproached him? He was the writewr and director and I"m sure he knew what was need to make the movie more interesting and not the way you think. Coz if you had done one in your way I'm sure that too would have been successful if more like you are around.

##Karl Max is an atheist and a Communist (I believe) and their doctrine IS about disbelief in God. Also, "Anbe Sivam" means "Love is God", in another word, he doesn't belief in God and goes around thinking Love is God which is foolishness.##

"Love is God" or " God is Love". What is wrong with this both? Aren't they the same? But do not confuse yourself with love between a boy and a girl. That love totally out of context. Please define the quality of GOD.

##

Wrong ... according to Hindusm, Devoting yourself to service Man (among others) IS direct devotion to God. It is stated in Hindusm that "Makal Sevai Mahashevarn Sevai" (Service to the People is Service to God). It shows that Responsiblity toward the Society is Path to God, not Love like what stated in the movie.##

Is'nt that what I said earlier about Sister Terrasa? Serving mankind is a direct path to God. Boy! Something is really wrong with you.

##So? I also seen Gautama Buddha (a Buddhist) and Mahatma Gandhi also. Is her service to the people greater than the former two? Why? because she is a foreigner who came to do service in India, which is why she is honored while Gautama Buddha and Gandhi is dragged throught the mud?##

Gauthama Buddha was a teacher not a participator. So do

not compare him to Mother Therrasa and Gandhi was a unique human being who had given part of his life to free India from the clutches of the British colonizer. Why compare these two persons to Mother Therrasa?

##I'm sure a lot of people with rocks and slippers is waiting for him in Malaysia, especially among womenfolks which he continued to insult in his movies with sexy clothes, stereotypical potraits and such.##

Wrong again!.. He had come to Malaysia for the release of his new movie and I did not see any rocks of slippers flying. Are you imagining all this? I'm sure many young Malaysian Indian girls are hoping get a kiss on the chick from Kamal and I'm sure he would oblige he approached. I'm yet to see any other Tamil movies such as Kamal's. "Guna",

"Kurathi Punnal", "Indian",

"Alavanthan", "Hey Ram", "Veeramandi", "Anbey Shivam and yet to be released "Maruthapandhi" are all movies of Kamal that should be watched and not the cheap commercial production with vulgar potrayal and steamy dances which I think you appreciate very much.

Guest guest

yAn petRa inbam peRuha ivvaiyagam

"May the whole word experience the bliss that I have attained!" tirumUlar gives the above as the reason for composing tirumantiram. This sense of altruism, too, had a powerful impact on later religious thought of Tamil Nadu. ThAyumAnavar says that he has no wish other than that all humanity attain to happiness.

This episode from Ramanuja's life (who was prepared to go to hell for his compassion to mankind) examplifies ' the statement

<font color="blue">yAn petRa inbam peRuha ivvaiyagamhe </font color>

Ramanuja then proceeded to Thirukottiyur to take initiation from Nambi for Japa of the sacred Mantra of eight letters. Somehow, Nambi was not willing to initiate Ramanuja easily. He made Ramanuja travel all the way from Srirangam to Madurai nearly 18 times before he made up his mind to initiate him, and that too, only after exacting solemn promises of secrecy. Then Nambi duly initiated Ramanuja and said: "Ramanuja! Keep this Mantra a secret. This Mantra is a powerful one. Those who repeat this Mantra will attain salvation. Give it only to a worthy disciple previously tried".

<font color="blue">But Ramanuja had a very large heart. He was extremely compassionate and his love for humanity was unbounded. He wanted that every man should enjoy the eternal bliss of Lord Narayana. He realised that the Mantra was very powerful. He immediately called all people, irrespective of caste and creed, to assemble before the temple. He stood on top of the tower above the front gate of the temple, and shouted out the sacred Mantra to all of them at the top of his voice. Nambi, his Guru, came to know of this. He became furious. Ramanuja said: "O my beloved Guru! Please prescribe a suitable punishment for my wrong action". Ramanuja said: "I will gladly suffer the tortures of hell myself if millions of people could get salvation by hearing the Mantra through me". Nambi was very much pleased with Ramanuja and found out that he had a very large heart full of compassion. He embraced Ramanuja and blessed him. Having thus equipped himself with the necessary qualifications</font color>

source : http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/saints/ramanuja.htm