IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Samkhya

dvaita vedanta and christianity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear,

I have only two sentences for u

Christianity (the original proposed by Jesus - not the one which is pervading now) is for the Ignorant and Passionate to get delivered-

Dwaita is for the Good to get delivered

hope u got the answer

hari hari bol

P.S: follow christianity properly and then come to discuss here - Jesus says "Thy shall not Kill" and all the so called Christians are Number one meat eaters

my guess is that you are a xian with the disguise of a hindu username. it pains you to see a non xian, and it is unfortunate.

where does bible say

that you could infiltrate infidels and till go to haven?

is it righteousness to infiltrate in disguise?

Guest guest

Advaitha is philosphy, as few put its actions into practice as emphasised in BG.

Even more hollower than advaitha philosophy is religion based on God's name. Be it Krishna, Christ, or whatever.

Nothing convinces me that these set of religious followers would have still considered Christ, Krishna (..etc) as their god, had these gods NOT said so & so thing in their texts. All these guys mention a specific set of REASONS why they consider their God's name as supreme. It can be also said that had those reasons not happened in the past or had it not happened for krishna or christ, then whom would these guys have considered as supreme god. Surely not krishna or christ.

So this is how this dwaitic guys are quite similar, while there could be petty differences of vegetarianism, intolerence, propaganda, perception etc.

It's also most likely true that most of the vaishnavites or madhwa dwaitics form the majority among south indian christians to have been converted from the upperclass hindu. No coincidence here to your thinking.

Guest guest

["Don't you find that dvaita vedanta is quite close to monotheism? There is even a hell that lasts forever. Does this mean that Madhva was influenced by Chritians? "]

Quite close to monotheism? It IS, they surely claim to be! Yes I see a lot of similarities. For sure Xians were already in India long way before Madhva and others.

About hell. Both have them although the gospelhell aint a barbequeplace( medieval picture ). The bhagavatpuran(5th canto ) gives us a better idea. Heavy descriptions: make sure never to look with a angry eye to a guest at dinner or prepare for torture in hell later, your eyes will be picked out by birds! Watch out to be lustfull or prepare for rendezvous with burning woman who will embrace you ( that s a hot date! /images/graemlins/grin.gif ) etc.

Anyway, only some people take this literally. Most see them as nice stories made by Vaisnavas to frigthen.

<< The bhagavatpuran(5th canto ) gives us a better idea. Heavy descriptions: make sure never to look with a angry eye to a guest at dinner or prepare for torture in hell later, your eyes will be picked out by birds! Watch out to be lustfull or prepare for rendezvous with burning woman who will embrace you ( that s a hot date! ) etc. >>

as far as i know, this lines are not in bhagavatam or any vedic literature.

however we have very vivid description of different hells.

we never have permanent hell for any one.

Guest guest

[ "Christianity is not monotheism the last time I checked'].

["They split God into two - God and Jesus and claims both are the same and worshipping one will lead to the other."]

They split god into three -Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and claim both are the same and worshipping one will lead to the other.

Thats what others can say about Hinduism. many hindus will more or less agree that the above statement aint that bad ) Not implying the religions are the same but the logic in these statements is.

Guest guest

[[ "<< The bhagavatpuran(5th canto ) gives us a better idea. Heavy descriptions: make sure never to look with a angry eye to a guest at dinner or prepare for torture in hell later, your eyes will be picked out by birds! Watch out to be lustfull or prepare for rendezvous with burning woman who will embrace you ( that s a hot date! ) etc. >>]]

[[as far as i know, this lines are not in bhagavatam or any vedic literature."]]

Hi M. They are.

(Iskconlike edition )

Bhag. Pur. Canto 5 verse 35:

'But a person who this life as a householder repeatedly receiving guests or visitors, gave them a sinful look of anger as if to burn them with his eyes, he for sure lands in the hell of those with a sinful vision where one's eyes violently by the powerful beaks of herons, vultures and crows are plucked out [the hell of Paryâvartana, 'the eyes plucked'].'

Bhag. Purana canto 5 verse 20:

'Or any person, both man or woman, who in this life approaches an unsuitable desirous one for sexual intercourse will in his afterlife be beaten by whips and forced to embrace a very hot iron image to the form of a man being a woman or the form of a woman being a man. [: Taptasûrmi, the hell of 'the red hot iron statue']'

Well....like I said. That is what we call a hot date!!! Btw...it sounded a bit like a reference to homosexuality but before some will feel safe, the purports mention hetero intercourse.

[" however we have very vivid description of different hells" ]

yeah. I wont call that an understatement. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[" we never have permanent hell for any one"]

yep.as far as I know. Anyway, still a long time though.

Many people incl. many Hindus will see them as folktales, myths with ethics, scarystories of Vaisnavas. They are not part of Sruti.

----------

They split god into three -Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and claim both are the same and worshipping one will lead to the other.

-----------

Worshipping one is not leading to other, but worshiping one is equal to worshipping the other. The trinity is one God, in three different forms. When you use the word/say "lead" then the level of superiority applies, here all the three are equals.

Guest guest

Don't you find that dvaita vedanta is quite close to monotheism?

••sanatana dharma is monotheist

There is even a hell that lasts forever.

••wrong.. hell has a limited time, when the karma is payed, the soul gets out

Does this mean that Madhva was influenced by Chritians?

••no.. he's a perfect dharmic master, he's perfectly teaching the real meaning of sanatana dharma

Guest guest

[..'They split god into three -Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and claim both are the same and worshipping one will lead to the other."]

ain't my statement,like I said,some others would use it. Nor am I fully satisfied with their word 'lead' in it. Still good noticed /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hari OM:

Yes you are right Christanity is very close to Dwaita.

Some people claim that Jesus spent long time in India learning, some even have "Proof" that he visited Kerala.

i am not accusing Jesus for Plagrisation Or Copy right , but rather his thoughts may be highly influnced by Hinduism (either due to his Visit or due to his contacts with ancient Hindu traders)

Guest guest

but, i have found peace in him, my heart was unquenchable with longing for meaning and love. Non of my humane pursuits gave me the fulfilling joy and peace, but he gave me. Try him once..

Try JESUS....

there is always hope and joy with him...

he loves all of you,

he cares for all of you,

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Guest guest

As a matter of fact alot of Jesus' saying were actually taken from Buddhism. I saw a programme about this and they said Buddhist teachings were known amongst scolars and spiritualists back then near the middle east due to Emperoro's Asoka's influence in spreading Buddhist teachings around the world. The similarity of the teachings is so close in the choice of words that it's hard to believe it could be a coincidence that Jesusu spoke Buddha's words without even knowing about them.

Also Jesus' story as a baby has many similarities with the story of Krishna when he was born. Though the Christians hate to admit it alot of early Christianity was heavily influenced by Indian spirituality.

The similarity of the teachings is so close in the choice of words that it's hard to believe it could be a coincidence that Jesusu spoke Buddha's words without even knowing about them.

Mind showing me where there is any similarities between Buddha's words and Jesus's (assuming he existed)?

I must warn you, I'm a scholar in Buddhism.

Also Jesus' story as a baby has many similarities with the story of Krishna when he was born. Though the Christians hate to admit it alot of early Christianity was heavily influenced by Indian spirituality.

Jesus born in a barn (assuming he existed) and Sri Krishna born in a jail. Jesus weren't chased after to be killed by anyone, Sri Krishna had to be taken to His foster parents for safe keeping.

After that, no much is known about Jesus except he made a riot in the market. Sri Krishna's childhood were clearly written down.

Hari OM:

It is good that you found Hope and joy in Jesus, also it is really nice that you advice others to "Try" it.

But however , i think you are having two wrong assumptions-

that all non-chrisitians are "suffering" and in "misery"

And hope and joy is only possible through Christ.

If you correct these two wrong assumptions, then may be you can find the real Joy and peace through your Christ.

Hari OM:

Buddhism is not very different from Hinduism (Hinduism consists of both Vaidic (which follows Vedic) and A-Vaidic (which does not follow vedas))

One of the old "School of Thoughts" in Hinduism is called "Sarvarkam" and Buddishm is almost identical to it.

Also many people think that it was Siddaharta (Gautma) who is the "discoverer" of Buddhism, but legend has it that he is the 24th and Final Buddha, the First Buddha lived some where during the time of Ramayana.