IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Who here has had experience of God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Was wondering if anyone here has had personal experience of God? Have you placed your full faith, and perhaps tested the messages you receive? how do we know we are linking up with God and not a spirit? can someone explain to me?

Guest guest

and not God really?

We don't. At this point, I just don't believe in the texts, or even God.

If there is a God, I don't believe is a merciful, good God at least.

Many a time I had felt HIS presence and sometime I can feel HE is always with me. May be you have doubts about HIM and so you do not experience HIS presence. You can not see HIM with your naked eyes. In order to see or expreience HIM you have to free yourself of all malice, feel the pain of others, be loving and show compassion to all living creatures only than you will be able to experience HIM.

Guest guest

to clarify. i have experienced so far on my personal spiritual journey, a white light, an experience on a different 'plane', as well as the gift of peace and love. these have been my experiences of God. however some people seem to think there is a difference, a discerning element between these things and ones own conscious or perhaps a different 'spirit'. the way to test, i was told, is to listen to 'god' (our own soul?) and see if the messages that come from him are real...

Guest guest

means that's God? Why?

Why is having compassion for other people an identification of God?

What if you know how other people suffer because you suffer, and you pity them as a result? There's no need for God in that.

When you appeal to God in earnest, over and over again, why does he never answer? Why is it that things never get better, and you fall down the depths of depression and self-hate?

Have you not heard the word "past karma"? This is not the only life you are destined. You had a previous life and the life before that and so on. You had not realized the Supreme Being and so you are back here again and again. The sufferings are not caused by GOD but your own action. Every action there is a reaction and whatever sufferings you caused to others in your previous life is the result of your sufferings in this life. If you can realize this and make amendments God would show HIS compassion and Grace towards you and your next life would be better off.

Human beings are never contended because they do not know the reason why they are here. Every birth has a reason and link to others. Be it human or animals they all have something common and that is the relationship. You bring home a puppy to be a your pet and that too is a link. You owe the puppy in your previous life and so in this life you and the puppy had linked and it became your duty to lok after it in this life. It's on of the example how people are and animals are linked together. A dog may not have been a do in its previous life and so is a parrot or a kitten. Life has eight hundred and fifty million cycle and ours would be the last if we do realize it otherwise it's back to the drawing board. There is much to learn and if you're destined to learn it all in this life than it is a gift otherwise will be back again here to complete the task.

You must realize that we are not here by accident. We are here because of our karma and when it is exhausted we will leave this body to continue our journey till we are united with te Supreme Being. We are the sparks from the one big fire ball like energy that we call GOD in many names and language. You must realize that we are partly GOD ourself but some of us do not know it and go about committing all kind of sins and the result is birth after birth in many forms. As soon as you have realized your presence here and pluged yourself with the main frame{GOD} you would be liberated from this birth forever.

Guest guest

if you bow down to God, he will show mercy in THIS life, and will aid you in this life, not just the next life.

Yet that doesn't seem true. No matter how much praying is done, no matter how many good deeds are done, there are good people who suffer. For what?

And what evidence is there of past karma to begin with? There is none.

Who cares about the next life when that is not even certain to exist?

The idea that one can feel the presence of God through love and compassion, how true is that? There are many who have love and compassion for others, yet they do not feel the presence of God, nor do they believe in his existence.

##Yet that doesn't seem true. No matter how much praying is done, no matter how many good deeds are done, there are good people who suffer. For what?##

Are you not aware that people suffer because of the past karma. Praying is to ease your mind and request GOD to ease your suffering not remove it totaly. None can escape the law of karma. You make the bed you lie on it. You created the problem you have to face the consequences. No one can take your place. If you have committed a crime and found guilty of such a crime could you appoint someone else to take the punishment on your behalf. Surely not. And so is your bad karma in your previous life. In this life it would be pay back time and that is why people suffer. Morever pepole are still ignorant of their purpose in life here and so to make them realize GOD would from time to time test you with all kind of obstalces. If you are smart to understand that this burden you have would ease slowly.

#And what evidence is there of past karma to begin with? There is none."

Evidence are many but you are still blind. Infact you answered your own question. "SUFFERING". That is the evidence. Need I have to say more?

##The idea that one can feel the presence of God through love and compassion, how true is that? There are many who have love and compassion for others, yet they do not feel the presence of God, nor do they believe in his existence.##

Look for GOD inside not elsewhere. The problem with some people is that they are thinking GOD is somewhere up there in the spritual world. You have to see GOD in yourself only than you will realize HIS presence otherwise no matter how many years your pray you will not be able to feel HIS presence. Seek HIM in thyself and not outside. He who dicovers the presence of GOD in him is liberated from all sins. HE is hidden deep inside you but it's unfortunate you have difficulty in finding HIM.

Guest guest

"Yet that doesn't seem true. No matter how much praying is done, no matter how many good deeds are done, there are good people who suffer. For what?"

praying will not save you. seeking refuge in GOD will save you. from personal experience, devote your entire being into GOD and you will 'see' what life is. from knowledge in the gita, a good person suffers because of the natural gunas. just like the christians believe sin is inborn upon birth, hindu's believe the divine soul is corrupted and affected by ignorance and ego.

"And what evidence is there of past karma to begin with? There is none."

"what you reap is what you sow"....karma is evident everywhere. every painful or negative action attributed due to your ego, you suffer the consequences. say for example, if i hate you, it's me who suffers. it's me who passes the hatred onto someone else, and its that persons retaliation of the hatred that i suffer from again. the way to eliminate karma is through neutralising it by following God's path.

"The idea that one can feel the presence of God through love and compassion, how true is that? There are many who have love and compassion for others, yet they do not feel the presence of God, nor do they believe in his existence."

its not the feelings that are important, it's that you have unconvered your 'Self', which is able to express those feelings and over-ride the negative. when people say 'feel love and compassion for all', they really mean they have shed all the clothing off their deluded souls and are able to reflect outwardly, their inner self. God shines through them.

Guest guest

****** have experienced so far on my personal spiritual journey, a white light, an experience on a different 'plane', as well as the gift of peace and love.******

Dear Jimbo,

You are blessed. The white light is called actinic energy of pure concsiousness. This truly brings on peace, love, and a feeing of contentment whatever be the circumstances.

It is the colour of pure intelligence that one is.

But, there is something to be added. When you see the white light, there is a seer of the light. Isn't it? You are the seer. While being flooded with the pure light, you may enquire "who sees the white light?".

Best wishes to you on your path.

Regards

Guest guest

thankyou, i certainly hope i can keep it up, and i do hope there are others out there especially from these boards pursuing the same thing. it seems like we're losing touch with sanathana dharma, or people are meddling into philosophies more than anything else. this is why other faiths call ours 'false'.