IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Struggling

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

I am posting here because I need help. I am begginning to struggle academically. I am a first year college student and things that would normally come easy to me are beginning to become hard. A priest from a temple i go to did my horoscope and he said I should wear moti (he gave me one) and he guided me in a shiva abhishek. Should I be praying to Saraswati devi to help me? And if someone oculd please tell me what the purpose of the shiva abhishek was I would appreciate it. Thanks. All glories to guru and gauranga. Hari bol.

Guest guest

Chapter 4. Transcendental Knowledge

TEXT 12

kanksantah karmanam siddhim

yajanta iha devatah

ksipram hi manuse loke

siddhir bhavati karma-ja

SYNONYMS

kanksantah--desiring; karmanam--of fruitive activities; siddhim--perfection; yajante--worship by sacrifices; iha--in the material world; devatah--the demigods; ksipram--very quickly; hi--certainly; manuse--in human society; loke--within this world; siddhih bhavati--becomes successful; karma-ja--the fruitive worker.

TRANSLATION

Men in this world desire success in fruitive activities, and therefore they worship the demigods. Quickly, of course, men get results from fruitive work in this world.

PURPORT

There is a great misconception about the gods or demigods of this material world, and men of less intelligence, although passing as great scholars, take these demigods to be various forms of the Supreme Lord. Actually, the demigods are not different forms of God, but they are God's different parts and parcels. God is one, and the parts and parcels are many. The Vedas say, nityo nityanam: God is one. Isvarah paramah krsnah. The Supreme God is one--Krsna--and the demigods are delegated with powers to manage this material world. These demigods are all living entities (nityanam) with different grades of material power. They cannot be equal to the Supreme God--Narayana, Visnu, or Krsna. Anyone who thinks that God and the demigods are on the same level is called an atheist, or pasandi. Even the great demigods like Brahma and Siva cannot be compared to the Supreme Lord. In fact, the Lord is worshiped by demigods such as Brahma and Siva (siva-virinci-nutam). Yet curiously enough there are many human leaders who are worshiped by foolish men under the misunderstanding of anthropomorphism or zoomorphism. Iha devatah denotes a powerful man or demigod of this material world. But Narayana, Visnu, or Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not belong to this world. He is above, or transcendental to, material creation. Even Sripada Sankaracarya, the leader of the impersonalists, maintains that Narayana, or Krsna, is beyond this material creation. However, foolish people (hrt-ajnana) worship the demigods because they want immediate results. They get the results, but do not know that results so obtained are temporary and are meant for less intelligent persons. The intelligent person is in Krsna consciousness, and he has no need to worship the paltry demigods for some immediate, temporary benefit. The demigods of this material world, as well as their worshipers, will vanish with the annihilation of this material world. The boons of the demigods are material and temporary. Both the material worlds and their inhabitants, including the demigods, and their worshipers, are bubbles in the cosmic ocean. In this world, however, human society is mad after temporary things such as the material opulence of possessing land, family and enjoyable paraphernalia. To achieve such temporary things, they worship the demigods or powerful men in human society. If a man gets some ministership in the government by worshiping a political leader, he considers that he has achieved a great boon. All of them are therefore kowtowing to the so-called leaders or "big guns" in order to achieve temporary boons, and they indeed achieve such things. Such foolish men are not interested in Krsna consciousness for the permanent solution to the hardships of material existence. They are all after sense enjoyment, and to get a little facility for sense enjoyment they are attracted to worship empowered living entities known as demigods. This verse indicates that people are rarely interested in Krsna consciousness. They are mostly interested in material enjoyment, and therefore they worship some powerful living entity.

Guest guest

However, foolish people (hrt-ajnana) worship the demigods because they want immediate results. They get the results, but do not know that results so obtained are temporary and are meant for less intelligent

My advice Jai Gouranga Prabhuji would be to take the help of Lord Krishna and pray to Him exclusily.

Your name Gouranga did you know what was Gourangas victory ?Once a famous Kasmeri scholar came to Lord Gouranga and rectied many verses he had composed glorifing Mother Ganga after his recitatoion that scholr felt very proud of his great learning but Lord Gouranga found a grammaitical error within verses and corrected him .

To the great horror that scholar left defeated and broken hearted

The schoalr was a great devottee of Mother Sarawati

and that night he prayed to her why had that happened and how was such a young boy Nimai Pandit Gouranga could of defeated him and found such a mistake in his verses.

In the dream of the scholar Mother Sarawati came to him and explained that The young man who defeated him was Krishna Himself and not to feel bad ,.

Struggling means one must become strong to over come

Mother Sarawati can not do any action which is not frist blessed by Krishna so it is by Krishna Grace that Mother Sarawati can bless.

In Los Angelos I once met Latta Mageshgar ,she had come to LA and stayed at our temple guesthouse and she told me I worship Krishna threw Mother Sarawati and look how much sucess she has had.

Guest guest

Demi gods provide material comforts, but how about moksha...it is said shiva, durga can give us moksha if we ask them for it.

Is there any difference in the moksha given by shiva, durga or krishna?

Because shiva has been known to give moksha to many people just like krishna.

--Subroto--

Do not be deluded by such remarks as some of these people come from school of different of thoughts. Mother Saraswathy would do fine for the moment. Be strict in your prayers to HER and SHE will guide you. You cannot jump from LKG to College the same year. You have to go step by step. Taking advice from some of them here would only make you more miserable and stress you out. You cannot see the President or Prime Minister on education matters. You need to see the Education Minister to such and Mother Saraswathy is in charge of knowledge and no one else. Without HER grace no one would be able to become a knowledgable person. Trust me.

yse.

However, still there will be people who would want to worship devas and devis, just as there are people who whuld serve majors and governors and not the president.

Our Krishna is not jealous of deva worshipers.

He even strenghtens their faiths indeva worship.

No deva hates krishna either.

Per gita it may not be smat to worship devas,

but neither is it a sin.

it is better than no worship except one's own senses.

The wold will always will have deva worshipers.

They are not enemies of vaishnavas.