IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

If god is all powerful can he do the following?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

God is said to be all powerful.So can he do the following?

1.Can he create another god who is superior to himself?

2.Can he make himself non-existant?

If the answer is no,then god is not all powerful.If the answer is yes,then also god is not all powerful.

I win,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest guest

--yes.. a classic example is krsna who is the source of radharani's form and existence. It is stated that he cannot understand the love that radharani has for him. Obviously simultaneously He knows everything because he's the active, conscious and eternal source of sri radhika's existance. So god can create someone who's simultaneously superior and inferior, known and unknown.. much better than your challenge

---krsna is the source of impersonal brahman that, being inactive, featureless and formless is for our concept a non existence... the extraordinary fact is that he can be in both states (impersonal (=non existent) and personal (=existent)) simultaneously

I win,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

---no boy......i win... wich is the prize?

Guest guest

Can he create square circles?

can he create something which can never be creaetd?

I dont accept the radhaRani creation.She is not another parabhramman.She is another jeevathma.I also dont accept the non-existant adn existant at the same time theory.can he be totally non-existant?

Guest guest

--yes.. they are called squares

--that's easy: nothing can be created if god does not create it.. when he creates it, this thing turns from impossible to "possible for god"

I dont accept the radhaRani creation.

--so you are a cheater.. who challenges has to accept the defeat with honour,otherwise he's a little child crying, not a real man

I also dont accept the non-existant adn existant at the same time theory.

--why not? is it a problem for god?

can he be totally non-existant?

--yes.. brahman is all pervasive, total

(it is not nice to play with you, you steal prizes... i'll tell it to your mum........... einstein...)

Guest guest

yes.. they are called squares

--i want square circles

that's easy: nothing can be created if god does not create it.. when he creates it, this thing turns from impossible to "possible for god"

--something which can be never created means which can never be created by god also.

I win,,,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooo

Guest guest

yes.. they are called squares

--i want square circles

••if you imagine them, being for you impossible to create, they surely are there.. but you do not recognize them from regular squares

that's easy: nothing can be created if god does not create it.. when he creates it, this thing turns from impossible to "possible for god"

--something which can be never created means which can never be created by god also.

••time is in god's domain... never and forever are simultaneous to god.. it is elementary religious culture

I win

••you are defeated in any of the challenges you made.. how can you win?

pray god:... chant hare krsna, hare krsna, krsna krsna, hare hare, hare rama, rama rama, hare hare.. maybe you'll win

Yes, that is who you are. Just a child who wants to know and undestand his parent. You are the seed of your father and he could make you superior to him provided you learn to respect him and not question his motives. Just because he can make you superior to him does not mean he would become powerless but all the more he would become more powerfull. That is because he is stil your father. Only upon his demise that you would be crowned as the head of the household. But that is in body and not in spirit. Whereas God has no beginning or ending coz he is the Alpha and Omega. If he cease to exist you too would not exist. So stop arguing and listen to your Guru and follow his teachings.

can god make you believe you won, when actualy you lost?

yes, just did.

he made you so powerful and "logical" in proving you won.

you just cant believe you lost.

that is his power.

Guest guest

All my friends read the replies to my deep philosophical questions and concluded that I won.So I won the debate,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest guest

Einstein this is a good question.

don't worry about how people replied to you. This question has been dealth with by following vedantaacaryas:

1) Madhva.

2) Jayatirtha.

3) Vedanta Desikar.

You will be interested in consulting their works. And infact i praise you for your penetrating intellect.

Guest guest

God is said to be all powerful.So can he do the following?

If the answer is no,then god is not all powerful.If the answer is yes,then also god is not all powerful.

Answer to both your questions.

He can do both, but HE will not do any of those acts.

Since He can, HIS potential to do anything is not in question.

Since HE will not do those acts, HE exists as the SOLO all powerful.

You loose, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest guest

(Quote=guest)Answer to both your questions. He can do both, but HE will not do any of those acts. (unquote)

If God can create somebody superior to himself,then it means that the current God doesnt have the maximum powers.It means he lacks something.Even if the theoritical possibility exists that something can be superior to him,it means that God hasnt maximized his potential.

I win,,,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest guest

(quote=guest)Einstein this is a good question.

don't worry about how people replied to you. This question has been dealth with by following vedantaacaryas:

1) Madhva.

2) Jayatirtha.

3) Vedanta Desikar.

You will be interested in consulting their works. And infact i praise you for your penetrating intellect.(unquote)

thanks guest.

Guest guest

If God can create somebody superior to himself,then it means that the current God doesnt have the maximum powers.

--it is wrong. God is everything,and inside the "everything" there's the possibility of increasing and simultaneously the impossibility to do it being god already the greatest.

So god is the best.. but he can increase.. and he increases, being this increment in his features (god has all features..).

I repeat.. everything is logic if we think about the fact that god is everything..and inside the everything there's completness and expansion. If one of the two were lacking, the "everything" would be "something"..

So God has to be like that(simultaneously complete and expanding) otherwise he's not god

Guest guest

how can god increase when he has everything?Dont contradict.

Guest guest

If God can create somebody superior to himself,then it means that the current God doesnt have the maximum powers.It means he lacks something.Even if the theoritical possibility exists that something can be superior to him,it means that God hasnt maximized his potential.

I win,,,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can GOD ceates somebody superior to HIMSELF(which was your question) ? Even if GOD(or anybody) creates a sperior being, it implies the creator is still superior. As only 'a superior to the superior being' can create a 'superior being'.

As we can see here clearly infinite regression and your question is IRRATIONAL and wrong ?

So you loose, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh............

Guest guest

how can god increase when he has everything?Dont contradict.

Since GOD has everything and everything includes the potential to keep increasing, HE has potential to ever increase too. Don't you think so ?

By the way your question on capacity of GOD to create a superior GOD ? Do you understand your very question is irrational ? why ?

because

If hypothetically a BEING creates a superior BEING, then the originial BEING is still superior to 'superior BEING', as only a 'superior to superior BEING' is capable of creating the 'Superior BEING'.

This being the case, we will get into infinite regression, and the very question you posted does not make any sense.

In other words your question is IRRATIONAL.

Guest guest

Both your questions are irrational again.

Why ?

A square is not a circle and circle is not a square by definition ? Unless you can explain your own question rationally, you cannot get any rational answers too ? You are searching answers for illegitimate questions ?

Guest guest

"how can god increase when he has everything?Dont contradict. "

inside the everything there must be the increment..

everything minus the possibility of increase is not everything

(admitting that god has everything you have defeated yourself)

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Hey Einstein,

Read my answers in the above posts for your question as well.

By the way they are good questions and a good mind drill.

As for this question, can you see the very contradiction. That which cannot be created, presumes that it cannot be created, like the square circles or straight cirlces. They are irrational. These are illegitimate questions.

Guest guest

Can God create something which is superior to him?

You gave an "yes." as answer.

Then you continue to say that the creator is still superior.If that is the case then he did not create something which was superior to him.So your "yes" is wrong.So think again and answer.Can God create something which is superior to him?

Can God create "increase?"Again you contradict yourself.If god is complete and total where is the need for increase?If he has the propensity to increase,does he also have the propensity to decrease?

Square cicrcles are irrational.But does God have the power to do irrational things or not?

I win,,,yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Guest guest

Can God create something which is superior to him?

--this answer has been already given .. read better

Again you contradict yourself.If god is complete and total where is the need for increase?

--god has no needs... god makes everything for his inconceivable and free will

If he has the propensity to increase, does he also have the propensity to decrease?

--of course he has... both me and you are less than god and He has created us

Square cicrcles are irrational.But does God have the power to do irrational things or not?

--God is not conditioned by any rationality.. you are conditioned, so God makes square circles (you can't create, so if you imagined them, they exist) but you do not recognize them from squares

I win

--you are simply not considering the answers who defeat you.. you have already said that god is everything, that is enough, if you are intelligent, to xplain everything

Guest guest

(quote=guest)this answer has been already given .. read better(unquote)

I already asked can god create another superior parabhramman.This hasnt been answered.

(quote=guest)--of course he has... both me and you are less than god and He has created us(unquote)

So God has propensity to decrease also.Very funny.IF he has the propensity to decrease then does he have the propensity to not be there also?

I win,,yeahhhhhhh

Jai Ganesh

May be you can tell us the motive behind your questions, other wise we all go round in circle and get a square answer.

Have you ever heard of created being greater then the creator?

Jai Shree Krishna