IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Miracles?

Rate this topic

I've been going to a Christian Church lately and on Wednesday nights they play films on how Christianity saved peoples lives even so far as miracles.

Things like people with AIDS being cured or Cancer.

These are cases with documented proofs where the doctors cant explain it.

These miracles were done in Christs Name.

There is even a story about a young girl who had some strange swelling in her eyes. Her family was Hindu when her family decided to turn to Christ instead of Hinduism in prayer her eyes became healed and she converted to Christianity.

After seeing this I got the desire to attend other religous establishments and see if they have similar reports..

We have a synagogue in my area and I know of 3 Buddhist Centers but as for Hindu.. I can't find anything.

I study many religions and I would like to attend a Hindu gathering but I dont have access to any.

Are there web sites that report like Christians about Healing Prayers comming true?

** but do not think of converting to the hindus. **

That is the LAST thing I would expect to hear. I like to study religions. Thats what I do.. Whether I choose Xianity.. Islam.. Taoism or whatever is my business.

I'm still simply seeking.. Is that so BAD?

Why do you give such advice?

Guest guest

Tirisilex

if you have noticed most of the miracles happen only to people who are converting to christianity. If the whole thing is done in the name of Jesus , y are there still so many christians suffering from AIDS in america. Y Pope is suffering from bad health. Y cant he become fine in the name of jesus .

can anybody answer .

Guest guest

u said u just watched a film. Is that a real story or just a way to convert people? There are millions of peoples suffering right now. Can they cure all of them? As i know, if this miracle really happen, 100% the church already famous and averyone has know the story.How come this story is so secretive? As i heard before, In Kerala, peoples are using Ayurvedic method to cure cancer and I ve heard about AIDS also. Ayurvedic something related to hinduism.What do u think? Only christianity can do this?

My post is about finding "miracles" in other religions..

Are such reports of healing only isolated in Christianity or do other world religions heal as well?

You peoples posts seem to suggest you think I'm trying to discredit Hinduism.. On the contrary.. I was to see if Hinduism heals.. I want to see if Buddhism heals...

I want to see if Taoism and others heal as well.

Guest guest

Hindus have the Ayu Vedic methods. A Yogi given certain powers can heal people. One of Them is Jesus.

Hindus have many yogis.

yes.

<< I'm still simply seeking.. Is that so BAD? >>

no. carry on please.

Why do you give such advice? >>

seekers do not need to convert or preach others.

we hindus do not go out to convert xians.

so we expect same treatment.

any attempt to remove hinduism from the face of earth

is like replacing pure water with pollluted.

Guest guest

I personally don't believe in miracles. I think it's sugar-candy for the ignorant and easily-led. Isnt it strange how jesus can cure AIDS and make a blind person see, yet he couldn't do a thing to save those poor christian schoolkids from getting gunned down by chechens in Russia recently? Was he on holiday or something? Or does he only show his power when his people are interested in converting others?

If your open-minded do some reaearch on miracles and you'll find that alot (maybe all) of them are hoaxes usually demonstated at times to influence the gullible.

If you want to know if healing can happen in Hinduism. I've heard that a true yogi can help as they have temendous spiritual power but usually they don't because it's a distraction and interferes with the law of karma. I don't know if it's true though. The whole idea of God breaking his own laws to 'win back' his fans (converts)seems very suspiscious!

Guest guest

First off, the only laws that you, I, and everyone else that aren't spiritually illumined are aware of are the material laws. Even THAT, we aren't so sure, as there are quite a few "laws" that have to be reconsidered when something other than the expected outcome arises.

second of all, God gave us the ability to exercise free will. That means, we aren't limited by our karma, our nature, or anything around us. That's our ideal state, but we are not there. It takes a lot of EFFORT to achieve that state where you are truly able to exercise free will. Each person is responsible for their own spiritual enlightenment, a yogi can help, but he cannot do the work of that person. He can show the way, but the person must exert himself to FOLLOW the way.

I believe in miracles, but I also believe they are extremely rare in an age of corruption and ego satisfaction. Miracles aren't linked to any religion, they are only linked to devout believers, who follow God, and love God. Just being Hindu, Muslim, Christian, or Jewish does not mean you get to perform or experience miracles. It takes a great deal of effort to ever manage to see or experience a miracle.

Guest guest

Beeeeee careful with these fake healers especially Benny Hinn,

just yesterday I taped a documentary run on Canadian B'cst Corp.(CBC) here in Toronto titled The Fifth Estate.

Well I guess I don't have to give U a run down here, U can see it at www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_miracles.html

####

CBC: The Fifth Estate - Do You Believe in Miracles

... Benny Hinn insists that every penny is spent on God's work. But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. ...

####

I am planning on converting my VHS taping to DVD and send out to as many folks as I can, these crooks NEED TO BE EXPOSED!

KS

Toronto CDA

Guest guest

Ooops I forgot to mention in my earlier post,

Suggestion:

Please read Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda

ISBN-817224-121-6, (it's quite cheap $5 here in Toro.)

In my humble opinion, this is a MUST READ for ALL Hindus.

I am on my second pass, this is a book U gotta read mo than once, there'e just too much "insight" to take in in one pass.

Another suggestion: buy about 5-10 and give to people, you'll get a kick out of their reaction!

My best to U,

KS

Guest guest

whether miracles are real or not should be viewed with a bit of suspicion and taken as a grain of salt. the really devout christian will see anything resembling a positive act and contribute it to gods handiwork. ive had people in my church proclaiming numerous acts as gods handiwork, as well as various other things. maybe the positive affects of following religion and gods path rub off on your life, but to say an entity is influencing actions around you cant be proven. ive had a friend tell me there was a sermon where people who could not walk got up and started walking by the power of gods grace. what if it was arranged? what if a patients cancer was benign and not malignant? what if the person practices so much positive therapy in their lifetime (eg. laughter) that their body is overwelmed with cells to fight disease easily? the power of belief + mind power makes a very strong force. lately i saw the manifestations in church where the preacher has purged the believers of sins. amusing to me is the fact that only the truly devout (blinded?) christian seems to get any affect from it. they need to seperate godhood from personal perspective, and this is not an attack on christians, only those who are 'easily mislead'. else the blind lead the blind into false faith. the true believe of god would not be swayed by the religion or its name and conversion is an insult to your parents and to your religion. they would have strength of mind and intent enough to see god in each pure religion in my opinion, as each religion is its own path to finding god. the gita says "when your intelligence has passed out of the dense forest of delusion, you shall become indifferent to all that has been heard and all that is to be heard", apply it as you would.

anyway, to answer your question, no hindu that i know practices mass healing of any kind, but if a person is afflicted they are usually taken to a family priest and are prayed for. unfortunatly not all these priests are 'pure'.