IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Mohammed and his... kundalini?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

According to an Australian Magazine Knowledge of Reality which deals in mysticism and stuff, Mohammed raised his kundalini to the highest chakra and experienced God-realization.

But if he did this, why is it that his message compared to Hinduism's and Buddhism's is so different?

Anyway, here's the link to the article re: Mohammed's kundalini "experience".

http://www.sol.com.au/kor/15_02.htm

the veeic culture has produced millions of yogis, and none is like mohammed. mohammed actually is teh enemy of yogis.

so, to say 'mohammed was a yogi'

is like saying 'skunk sprays rose fragrence.'

Guest guest

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how can you say that Mohammed is the enemy of yogis?

What if the true religion Mohammed preached was perverted by his followers?

There is speculation that it happened with Christ as well.

Besides, did you even bother to read the article? It raises several valid points concerning the mythology of Mohammed, that I find rather interesting and seem to correlate well with kundalini.

Mohammed an illetrate would not have understood what is Kuandalini. These stories were written after the death of Mohammed to mislead the uneducated arab peasants who were nomads. If Mohammed had understood kundalini and explained it to his folowers than surely the mogul barbarian who invaded India would not have destroyed any Hindu temples or killed any Hindus who refuse to accept or convert into Islam.

Guest guest

"Mohammed an illetrate would not have understood what is Kuandalini. These stories were written after the death of Mohammed to mislead the uneducated arab peasants who were nomads. If Mohammed had understood kundalini and explained it to his folowers than surely the mogul barbarian who invaded India would not have destroyed any Hindu temples or killed any Hindus who refuse to accept or convert into Islam."

I think I'll have to respectfully address a few things first: you don't have to know kundalini to activate it. You especially don't have to be literate for it to happen.

Like I said, his message could have been perverted by his followers.

How do you know he was an illiterate? Is this just your claim or is there proof behind it?

Guest guest

Islam contradicts Hinduism so the intolerance of Islam towards Hinduism is cause for suspicion. It's message is not perverted by it's followers rather they are closer to it's true teachings as they have not only the koran but the hadith to help them.

That said however I read an article by Swami Vivekananda that said Mohammed practiced meditation alone, without a spiritual guru. This is very dangerous especially if you were attatched to the ego which Mohammed was and can result in mental illness which it probably did in his case. Halucinations and 'hearing voices' can occur which are not from God, but the ego telling yourself messages. It's like Schizophrenia. And I wouldn't put Mohemmed up on the same level as the Rishis.

Guest guest

article?

Because it discusses the myth of Mohammed traveling through 7 heavens to reach God, which certainly correlates with the Kundalini experience where the energy pierces through 7 chakras and merges at the highest, the 7th chakra from which most people realize God.

Guest guest

Yes I DID read the article and NO I wasn't impressed.

It's just their attempt to absorb Mohammed as a kind of 'universal' sage. They ignore the personality of mohammed and what is written about his life in the hadiths. I think muslims know more about the real Islam than any Hindu, who likes to guess and push his own ideas on other religious leaders. Remember that some Hindus believe in 7 spiritual planets, which could also be interpreted as the 7 heavens. I'm saying don't jump to conclusions just because their is some similarites, the differences between the faiths are far greater.

There may be some similarities between Sufi practices and Hinduism, but remember Sufism is a spiritual practice that predates Mohammed and Islam.

Guest guest

understanding what I'm saying.

Maybe because you're blinded by hate, or whatever. I don't know.

However, I'm not talking about Islam as if it were a true religion or whatever.

I'm suggesting that Mohammed may have truly experienced kundalini, just as Gopi Krishna did (do you know him?)

Gopi Krishna, unlike Mohammed and so many other yogis, never saw God, even though his kundalini was activated. The EXPERIENCE can be different, although the process is pretty similar.

Who knows why the experiences are different?

As for Hindus believing in 7 spiritual planets, that is something I think the yogis believe relate to the inner chakras, which are 7 in number.

Guest guest

{I think you have a hard time understanding what I'm saying.

Maybe because you're blinded by hate, or whatever. I don't know.}

No I know exactly what you're saying. I'll make it clear for you. I'm being realistic, while you're living in la-la land. In case you don't know about the Hadiths, Mohammed was very clear on his views, so I don't think his followers were wrong as he intended them to be.

{I'm suggesting that Mohammed may have truly experienced kundalini, just as Gopi Krishna did (do you know him?)}

I didn't say he didn't experience kundalini, but I don't know if he did, so I won't jump to conclusions. I know he meditated alone without a guru in a cave on a mountain. I know about Gopi Krishna, but I don't know him personally.

{Who knows why the experiences are different?}

According to yogis, if not done properly it can be dangerous if there is ego, passions, hatred etc. A person could be mislead and develop a sort of mental illness. Remember Mohammed was terrified when he supposedly heard 'the voice'. Now a true yogi wouldn't be terrified!

It is explained clearly that he was an illetrate who was employed by a rich merchant to look after his camels before Kathija[the widow] found him and married him. If his life history had been misinterpreted that is no fault of ours and we believe him to be so as per hadith of Al' Bukhari.

<< I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how can you say that Mohammed is the enemy of yogis? >>

check the 1000 years long history of islam invasions and brutality in bharat. islamists show he same mentality and behaviour.

<< What if the true religion Mohammed preached was perverted by his followers? >>

any deviation from islam could be only good.

besides the practice of islam has not changed at all.

history proves it.

what you like about islam?

Guest guest

"I didn't say he didn't experience kundalini, but I don't know if he did, so I won't jump to conclusions. I know he meditated alone without a guru in a cave on a mountain. I know about Gopi Krishna, but I don't know him personally."

I was just saying that Mohamed experienced kundalini. Maybe it didn't go right, maybe his followers didn't understand what he said, who knows really?

In any case, you deem Islam as the bane of all society. It's quite possible that it's true, but then again, WHY does Islam exist if not to be a legitimate guide to spirituality?

Guest guest

I'm a Hindu, I'm just trying to understand why there are so many religions.

To me, Christianity and Islam seem to be ego-based religions, that come about in Kali Yuga. At least this is the way I understand it. Each one seeks to convert everyone else into their own belief system.

In any case, www.near-death.com has near death experiences from all religions (not enough Hindu experiences though) that seems to indicate that Hinduism/Buddhism are more right than wrong re: God and the purpose of life.

Guest guest

Well then that's answered. He may have experienced it or maybe not.

{WHY does Islam exist if not to be a legitimate guide to spirituality?}

Well it exists because there are people in this world who like it and promote it. Just as there are ideologies such as communism, marxism, fascism, etc. Some people may ask why do these exist? Some are disgusting. Well it appeals to certain people. So Islam appeals to certain people. People are different in this world. Islam may answer the questions it's followers have, but it doesn't answer even 1/4 of my questions. And I don't agree with some of it's answers. When I look at the diversity of this world and the good and bad people in it, predatory religions such as Christianity and Islam cannot be the 'one true faith'. And even IF it was, I'd gladly go to hell with the great people, including all our sages, who were neither xtian or muslim.

Guest guest

"if islam isnt a guide to spirituality why it exists?"

what is the after death salvation promised in quran?

it will answer this question.After death a muslim is promised 72 virgin women,rivers of wine and loads of food.THis is salvation promised in islam.

communism still exists.Does that mean its great?

Guest guest

How is marriage related to kundalini? It's not, so it's bad logic to say it is.

Kundalini can accentuate the sex drive or slow it down, it can do EITHER of these.

If Mohammed's kunalini accelerated his sex drive, maybe he ended up marrying 13 women as a result. Who knows?

Guest guest

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMAOM NAMA SHIVAYA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA OM NAMA SHIVAYA

OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI OM SAKTHI

OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA OM VINNESWARA

OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA OM MURUGHA

OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVAS OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVASA OM SHREENEEVASA

so, to say 'mohammed was a yogi'

is like saying 'skunk sprays rose fragrence.'

A good one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I heard of Kundalini from a few places but don't have proper information.

Have you seen a Discovery program on Self-Immolation which linked to Kundalini running amok in the body? I forgot what it was called ... Human Combustion Theory (SHC) I think.

I didn't say he didn't experience kundalini, but I don't know if he did, so I won't jump to conclusions. I know he meditated alone without a guru in a cave on a mountain. I know about Gopi Krishna, but I don't know him personally.

I don't know much about Kundalini at the moment but doesn't some of the conditions for a Yogis is required but not fullfilled by Muhammad?

I believe being celibacy is one of them. Muhammad is married to Khatijah at the time.

Also, I believe Yogis were taught to meditate under cool and refeshing place. Muhammad choose a cave in the middle of the desert. While the cave maybe colder than the desert outside, I couldn't help wondering if Muhammad suffered dyhration as well.

Finally, Yogis are ones who should approach Spiritual practise with no (or less) negative emotions. Muhammad had a lot of those - being orphaned since small, raised in an adopted family with real children, poor, not so educated.