IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

The Difference Between Vaisnavism and Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vaisnavas accept the Vedas but accept "many paths" such as karma yoga, jnana yoga, etc... only partially - different scriptural paths are means leading to the end (liberation) but the path of devotion and service (bhakti) is both the means and the end. It continues forever, even after liberation. There is no merging into the Brahman.This is considered as spiritual suicide by the devotee of the Lord. Rather, Vishnu/Krishna is the ultimate source of Brahman. Therefore He is the one to be worshiped, and "many gods" are to be revered as His empowered representatives only, not to be worshiped as independent of Him .Exclusive bhakti to Lord Krsna is taught in the Bhagavad-gita and other Vedic scriptures. Even Lord Shiva prefers that we worship his master, Lord Krsna, than to worship Shiva independently.

Reading misinterpreted scriptures would only lead one to darkness. Even the Gita has been misinterpreted by vaishnavas in order to make krishna as the supreme what a joke. Krishna was the ninth incarnation of Bahgawan Vishnu and at the end of kali yug the tenth avatar of Maha Vishnu would come than what? Surely the people of the future would praise Kalki Avatar as the supreme. Than where would the name of Krishna be? You need to learn more on this subject before making assumption.

Guest guest

Guest : Reading misinterpreted scriptures would only lead one to darkness. Even the Gita has been misinterpreted by vaishnavas in order to make krishna as the supreme what a joke.

Gaura : As Lord Krsna states in chapter 4 verses 2 and 3, Bhagavad gita must be received in the line of disciplic sucession, from pure devotees of Lord Krsna. The conclusion of Krsna in His Gita, is that He is the Supreme Lord, and we must surrender unto Him. Anything less than that is a joke.

Guest : Krishna was the ninth incarnation of Bahgawan Vishnu and at the end of kali yug the tenth avatar of Maha Vishnu would come than what? Surely the people of the future would praise Kalki Avatar as the supreme. Than where would the name of Krishna be? You need to learn more on this subject before making assumption.

Gaura : According to Srila Vyasadeva and Sukadeva Gosvami....ete camsa kalah pumsah krsnas tu bhagavan svayam...Lord Krsna is the source of all other incarnations. As also confirmed by Lord Brahma: isvarah parama Krsna. Kalki is just the avatar for this age who will come to chop off the heads of all the fools and rascals who defy Him, and His original source Bhagavan Sri Krsna. My "assumptions" as you call them, are based on the greatest author of Vaisnava philosophy today, Srila Prabhupada. Who is your authority ?

Guest guest

Sríla Prabhupada says, as well as others that there is no difference with the Lords Name and form, Srí Krsna and Visnu are the same, it is not different names of the Lord, is the same name for the same Lord, I can call Him Odin or Tem, that is the same for Krsna, in sweden we call milk mjöl and car is bil, different names but it is the same thing!! The difference betwen Vaisnava and hindu should be in name, Vaisnavas worship Visnu and hindus is different beleifs from the sindhu walley as I was were thaugt, I may be wrong!?

Guest guest

are confused. Hinduism and vasihnavism are followed by weak minds. If you have strength, you become atheistic. It is that simple. Otherwise, why would anyone believe in some blue guy with a flute and a cow? It sounds ridiculous.

Guest guest

Unbeliever : " I think you are confused. Hinduism and vasihnavism are followed by weak minds. If you have strength, you become atheistic. It is that simple. Otherwise, why would anyone believe in some blue guy with a flute and a cow? It sounds ridiculous. "

Dear Mr. Unbeliever, To become a Vaisnava requires the stongest mind, because it is only by controlling our mmind from chasing after material sense gratification, and mental speculation that the process of bhakti yoga can even be practiced, so you are the misinformed person to think that you have to have a weak mind to be a Vaisnava.

Even the athiest has to depend on the power of the Supreme Powerful for his strength to express his foolish envy towards the Lord's existence, but as we see, the Hitlers, Aurangebs, Kamsas and other tyrants all are destroyed by Krsna in the form of time. Who knows whether they have devolved into an amoeba, of if they are lucky, a dog in this lifetime.

Devotees of Lord Krsna do not believe in some "blue guy with a flute and a cow". Lord Krsna states in Bhagavad Gita, 9.11,that only "Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form . They do not understand My transcendental nature, or My supreme dominion over all that be".

Krsns'a form is sat cit ananda vigraha, a totally spiritual form which is eternal, composed of bliss and knowledge. How many "guys" do you know like that ? When Krsna plays His flute, it contains the Gayatri mantra, and provides Lord Brahma with the power to create. Every living entity in the univers is extremely attracted to hearing the enchanting sounds of Lord Krsna, except those who, due to their envy of Him, want to remain in the darkness of this planet of death, Mrtyuloka.

When Krsna was personally on this planet, He took care of over 900,000 cows, and had a special name for each of them. He is Govinda , the protector of the cows , land and the senses.

He has been misguided by Srila Prabhupada. 'In Dwapar yuga, Lord Vishnu incarnated as Sri Krishna to protect Dharma from being subjugated by 'Adharma', which had become all pervasive at that time. He was born to Vasudev and Devaki. Both his parents had been kept under captivity by Kansa, who was aware of the prophesy that he would be killed by Devaki's eighth son. In due course of time Devaki gave birth to seven sons all of whom were mercilessly killed by Kansa one by one. In order to protect the life of Sri Krishna- the eighth child born to Devaki, Vasudev exchanged him with the baby girl born to Yashoda and Nand. Vasudev had no problem in moving out of the prison as Krishna by his divine power induced all the guards to sleep.

Sri Krishna, being an incarnation of Lord Vishnu performed great feats right from his childhood. I am surprised that Gaura is ignorant of these facts. So, I wonder it the Gita has been interpreted in the correct manner as the original?

<< I think you are confused. >>

and we like it that vedic way.

we also know what will happen to you.

still atheist can live happily

and can make other people happy too.

buddha tells it how.

he is bonafide guru of all the atheists.

follow him, and you will be fine.

follow kamsa, etc, and you will be in trouble.

Guest guest

Dear Barney, Srila Prabhupada can never misguide me. Who is your guide ? In Bhagavad Gita 11.54, Srila Prabhupada explains how all the numerous incarnations of Lord Visnu emanate from the original fountainhead of all avataras, Lord Sri Krsna , " Krsna changes from the universal form to the four-handed form of Narayana and then to His own natural form of two hands. This indicates that the four-handed forms and other forms mentioned in Vedic literature are all emanations of the original two-handed Krsna. He is the origin of all emanations. Krsna is distinct even from these forms, what to speak of the impersonal conception. As far as the four-handed forms of Krsna are concerned, it is stated clearly that even the most identical four-handed form of Krsna (which is known as Maha-Visnu, who is lying on the cosmic ocean and from whose breathing so many innumerable universes are passing out and entering) is also an expansion of the Supreme Lord. Therefore one should conclusively worship the personal form of Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead who is eternity, bliss and knowledge. He is the source of all forms of Visnu, He is the source of all forms of incarnation, and He is the original Supreme Personality, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gita."

Guest guest

Reading misinterpreted scriptures would only lead one to darkness. Even the Gita has been misinterpreted by vaishnavas in order to make krishna as the supreme what a joke.

Barney, you are without a doubt, an unqualified moron.

Gita does say Krishna is the supreme. It's all over. Have you even read it? Doubtful.

Where do you get this idea that it says otherwise? His being an avatara does not change His supremacy.

You can't even read Sanskrit. By Vedic standards, you are illiterate. Who are you to presume who is and who is not interpreting Gita?

This is truly the logic of a typical Sai Baba moron: "I can't read Sanskrit at all, yet I know when someone is being faithful to a Sanskrit scripture vs when they are interpreting it."