IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

English to Sanskrit translation

Rate this topic

You will need to give the definition that you are referring to. As there will be more appropriate words based on the exact meaning.

"Sacrifice" meaning to make or offer a sacrifice (verb)

Can someone please help me. I'm an artist working on a piece with a fast approaching deadline. I need to translate the phrase "Everything of the Universe is within you" into sanskrit. If you could give me the spoken and written translation that would be amazing. Thanks so much.

hi, i love sanskrit, i think it is a beautiful language and am interested in getting a phrase tattooed on my side. i was wondering if you could help me translate this phrase.

' walk with me wherever i go '

thank you very much for your help :) i would love to see it

i have a few quotes that i would like to have translated in sanskirt for tattoos. I am a dog trainer and these quotes are very special to me, I just havent picked the one I want to go with yet.. some of the decision is based on what will fit where i want to put it. thanks ahead of time! Lauren

The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole

I was wondering if I could get this translated into Sanskrit

Mother, I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above.

For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.

Thank you!

Hi, I was hoping you could help me translate this..

"The path towards Buddhahood" or "Pathway towards Buddhahood"

I am not concerned about a literal translation but something as close as possible to any of those words (towards/to, buddhahood/enlightenment, the path,pathway, etc)

I may be wrong but the words I think are:

marga - the path?, pathway? (I also saw Maarga, Pathi, and Patha as possible substitutes with variations on the spellings)?

upa, prati-, abhimukha, abhimukham - towards? (not sure which is best for the sentence)?

buddhatva - buddhahood ?

Thanks so much for the help!

Hi. Could you give me a translation into Sanskrit symbols of this phrase:

"I Love Casey"

Casey is my beloved daughter who died, and I want this tattooed on my arm. If there is no direct translation for "Casey" you can use "brave one", "one who is brave", "brave heart" or "one with brave heart".

Thanks so much

Hello Annette

Here is the Sanskrit translation of the quote:

डोन्त् लोक् बच्क् इन् अन्गेर्

Dont look back in anger

Hello Mantravid

You seem to be the expert in translation here. Would it be possible for you to translate the following verse for me from English into Sanskrit script (only if you can; if you can't I'll understand. Thanx in advance!):

Look to this day!

For it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the Verities and realities of your existence;

The bliss of growth,

The glory of action,

The splendor of beauty; For yesterday is but a dream,

And tomorrow is only a vision;

But today, well lived, makes

Every yesterday a dream of happiness, And every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day!

Hi, i would like to get an Sanskrit Translation of my favorite mantra : Oom namah Shivaya. ( I think i spelled it right )

And also if you please could, to give me an translation of this short text:

Teh mahi seva hilejda

Suna heja, sun deja peji

Lejsun datuversa unmejola

Jom tisela behsuda

Lejsun datuversa unmejola hejda

Thank you for your time and kindness ! :)

PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS TO SANSKRIT PLEASE.......!!!

The Mahābhārata, is the greatest, longest and one of the two major Sanskrit epics of ancient India, the other being the Rāmāyana. With more than 74,000 verses, plus long prose passages, or some 1.8 million words in total, it is one of the longest epic poems in the world.

It contains eighteen Parvas or sections viz., Adi Parva, Sabha Parva, Vana Parva, Virata Parva, Udyoga Parva, Bhishma Parva, Drona Parva, Karna Parva, Shalya Parva, Sauptika Parva, Stree Parva, Shanti Parva, Anushasana Parva, Asvamedha Parva, Ashramavasika Parva, Mausala Parva, Mahaprasthanika Parva and Swargarohanika Parva. Each Parva contains many sub-Parvas or subsections.

This wonderful book was composed by Sri Vyasa (Krishna Dvaipayana) who was the grandfather of the heroes of the epic. He taught this epic to his son Suka and his disciples Vaisampayana and others. King Janamejaya, son of Parikshit, the grandson of the heroes of the epic, performed a great sacrifice. The epic was recited by Vaisampayana to Janamejaya at the command of Vyasa. Later on, Suta recited the Mahabharata as was done by Vaisampayana to Janamejaya, to Saunaka and others, during a sacrifice performed by Saunaka in Naimisaranya, which is near Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh.

It is very interesting to remember the opening and closing lines of this great epic. It begins with: "Vyasa sang of the ineffable greatness and splendour of Lord Vasudeva, who is the source and support for everything, who is eternal, unchanging, self-luminous, who is the Indweller in all beings, and the truthfulness and righteousness of the Pandavas." It ends with: "With raised hands, I shout at the top of my voice; but alas, no one hears my words which can give them Supreme Peace, Joy and Eternal Bliss. One can attain wealth and all objects of desire through Dharma (righteousness). Why do not people practise Dharma? One should not abandon Dharma at any cost, even at the risk of his life. One should not relinquish Dharma out of passion or fear or covetousness or for the sake of preserving one’s life. This is the Bharata Gayatri. Meditate on this daily, O man! when you retire to sleep and when you rise from your bed every morning. You will attain everything. You will attain fame, prosperity, long life, eternal bliss, everlasting peace and immortality."

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone might be able to translate the phrase :

Don't forget to be free

to sanskrit letters (symbols).

I would great appreciate any help with this.

Thank you!!