IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Do Dravidians believe in the Vedas?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If not, why not? What are their beliefs? How are they different (if they are at all) from the supposed Aryans?

Guest guest

1. They believe all except brahmins are Dravidians

2. They believe only in Brahmin Bashing

3. They oppose Sanskrit pooja in temples but favor Arabic or whatever it is in Mosques.

4. They believe a Virgin can give birth to a child, but they do not believe in the Hindu puranas.

5. They know that they are from Lemuria, now submerged and they have moved north, but they will always claim that the Aryans pushed them to the South.

6. They oppose anything Hindu , including the beliefs, and make a mockery of the Hindus, and are self proclaimed Atheists, but they dont have the guyts to say Jesus does not exist and Allah does not exist.

yes.

hinduism does not talk abour races or skin colors.

the enemies of hinduism try to cause strife between the hindus by such questions. other non hindus, some try to pose as hindus and give totally wrong presentation of hinduism.

teh fact is that aryan is not a race. any one who accepts the authority of the vedas and lives by it is an aryan.

so draidians (south indians) are also aryas.

the kkk or hitler are not an arya.

they do not care for the vedas.

Hare Krishna are aryans.

every human being has equal right to the vedas.

the vedic literature is not a monopoly of the indian people only. the hindus however are keeping the vedic literature and the culture alive for future generations of the world.

so, they do deserve some credit/appreciation for it.

only the anti-hindus would not apprecite them for it.

no hindu should fall in trap questions that cause any strife among us all the hindus of the world.

so i pray.

dharma rakshitah rakshati.

a lot of things are possible with sangha bala and some action. dare to dream a strong and vibrant vedic culture in india and in the world, such that the world would look up to it.

Guest have made some bad comments about dravidans. First of all I want to remind you that Krishna is a dravidan. If you don't think that Dravidans are true hindus, why do you worship Krishna anyway? Think about that first, and then talk about it. Kalki is also going to be born in South India, probably going to be a Brahmin. So, please study something and then speak about it or else. This is really making me angry. And second of all, you have to know that a lot of Devotees of Siva (Naajanmaarkal) has done a lot of miracles. And we don't oppose Sanskrit pooja. In fact, only Dravidans know the Sanskrit Mantra well.

Who said we don't believe in Hindu puranas? We are hindus. I've been proud of my self for being a hindu just before I read this. Now, I feel like why I would want to be a hindu anyway? Damn! don't make these stupid posts anymore in the future. It'll only drives Dravidans to be converted to other religions. And study something, and be sure before you say anything.

Guest guest

Have you ever lived in a Place called tamilnadu under the rule of a dravidian party called DMK?

Have you ever heard of a party called DK ?

Have you ever heard of people like Periyar in Tamizhnadu?

Have you ever heard of the Discriminatory Reservation policies of Tamilnadu government where 71% of the seats in any position are reserved?

Have you ever seen the poilitics made in the Rituals used in temples? Only in Tamizhnadu you can see boards in Tamil " We do Puja in Tamil here".

And I laugh when you say Dravidians know better Sanskrit.

I am just eager to know which part of the world are you from.

I just ask you to do an experiement. Just go to Madras, the capital of Tamilnadu and you ask for water in Hindi, the first person you see.

Its highly probable he will not understand you. LEave alone Sanskrit, they dont even know hindi.

Get real. There is no point in getting angry. Rather than getting emotional and letting it out, and blaming others for their lack of knowledge, I just ask you to go to Tamizhnadu, and attend one of the meetings of DK, and see for yourself, how hindoos are being ridiculed.

I am happy that you are Proud as a Hindu and getting angry to protect it when somebody talks ill of it, but please realise that its much more severe in India, where any body who speaks for Hinduism is a fundamentalist.

Teh current gov in TN is a bit ok so all the trouble makers are maintaining a low profile. But please visit tamilnadu when DMK is in power.

And Dont try to get Converted, and rather try to protect Hinduism with an increased Zeal.

I can give you lot of stories about people who were born in Low castes, but were able to attain realisation.

This forum is only to share our feelings and opinions.

the 'Guest' you responded to probably is not a hindu but an anti-hindu or ignorant hindu.

never allow any one, any thought, to break your love for hindus and hinduism. now, we hindus do have some internal problems, and we need to work/solve them without fighting in public when possible.

Guest guest

south indians are dravidian and are not aryan, hence their different practices and social norms (marrying at young age) and physique (smaller body, dark skin, broad nose). therefore they do not read the vedas.

Guest guest

Did you take that out of a textbook?

Sorry, but I don't buy the Aryan-Dravidian theory. I don't believe it represents two entirely different groups of people.

<< south indians are dravidian and are not aryan, hence their different practices and social norms (marrying at young age) and physique (smaller body, dark skin, broad nose). therefore they do not read the vedas. >>

my direct experience says the opposite.

the reality does not support your statement.

shankaracharya, ramajuj, madhva, nimbarka, gyandev, naamdev, all these were south indians. none rejected the vedas.

again, get the point:

the theory that aryans invaded in india is british fabrication. so no need to harp on it to divide the hindus.

aryan is not a race, even if dravidian may be.

a hindu is race blind, ideally. else he/she is not a hindu.

so if you do not know hinduism or hindus,

then do not spread lies.

kuchchha sanazmei aataa hai??

Guest guest

dear Mr Guest

You are confused with Dravidian religion and Dravidian politics.

Go familiarise yourself with the Vaisnavite dravida veda, the collective works of the dravidain saints the 12 alvars also referred to as the 4000 Divya Prabhandam and the 63 saiva dravida saints saivite dravida veda - Thevaram, Thiru venpavai etc

Guest guest

So there are seperate Dravida Vedas, Some for Shavaite like Thevaram, Thiruvasagam, Thirumandiaram etc, and Some for Vaishnavites like Nalayira Dhivya Prabhandam ( 4000 Dhivya Prabahndham)-All these are in Thamizh and are considered Dravidian.

And off course they are not Rig , Yajur and Sama Vedhas, and the Upanishads and Aranyakas which are all in Samskrit.

And FYI, Vedas are written in Grantha Lipi for Tamil Brahmins and not in Devanagari Lipi.

Now you see the root cause of the Dravidian Politics?

And now do you see, why DMK want Tamizh Archanai in Temples of Tamilnadu? And Why DMK president Karunanidhi said, " if the gods cannot understand tamizh, let us not have those gods". And why he wants Thevaram, and not Rudrah Prashnah in temples of tamilnadu?

And do you think, I am confused?

Again I repeat, Its the politicians, that create this barrier among the people.

Guest guest

Maadhav,

I am enclosing a link that is about Tirumantiram ( of saint Tirumoolar - a tamil siddhaa). This is one of the tirumarai . Marai in tamil means Veda.

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/books/tirumantiram/TantraOne.html

http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part5/chap42.htm

I personally have a copy of tirumandiram, and reading the contents from the link I have pasted will help you understand the unifying concepts of all holy literature.

The Concept of Dravidians, Aryans are created by politicians ( I repeat that again and again), and Tirukkural, Silapatikaram etc speak about the greatness of Vedas. If you read the tamil holy literature, you will find that they are in no way different from the concepts of the Vedas and Upanishads.

I recommend you to buy Vedic books from Ramakrishna mutt Chennai, and the mantras are translated from Sanskrit to Tamil by "Anna" ( not CN Annadurai), and Anna would have compared the literature available from Saiva siddhantha, to vedas, to thevaram to tirumantiram, and explain the similarities between them. The problem is translation would be in tamil,but the mantras themselves would be in Devanagari Script and Vattezhutthu ( the Script of Tamil).

You can take help from a tamil friend and get to know much better.

Guest guest

The word 'dravida' itself has 'veda' in it.

The origin of 'dravid' comes as 'drashta vidani',

which means whoever has mastered in the vedas.

So simply to put it, 'aryana' and 'dravida' one at the

same. But these were mis-understood as different races or

civilizations.

Brother,

i am happy with what you said.

south india's scripture are not anti-vedic, you are saying.

this fact should be kept in mind when taling with

those who try to cause strife between north/south hindus.

Guest guest

What evidence do you have to show that the Aryans and Dravidians are two different races? that the AIT theory is true?

If you have none, how do you expect to tell others to be more realistic, when you aren't realistic yourself?

Circumstantial evidence doesn't amount to squat since it can be interpreted in very different ways. Unless you have solid proof of whether the Aryan Invasion theory is true, I'd suggest that you're the one who's not being realistic.

My point is, you can't be sure of whether the AIT theory is true or false, so expecting others to accept the theory is just plain foolish.

It has done a great deal of damage to India and its citizens, so it's only natural and realistic for most Indians to want to prove the theory false.

Guest guest

Just wondering, considering Vishnu is supposed to be an Aryan god (according to, of course, the AIT proponents).

Do they believe in incarnations?

When did the idea of incarnations come into existence?

Guest guest

Vishnu, Shiv and Durga etc are dravidian in origin. aryan gods are now minor gods in Hinduism or being identified with major teh above Gods, the aryan gods are

Varuna, Agni, Indra et al

Guest guest

"Vishnu, Shiv and Durga etc are dravidian in origin. aryan gods are now minor gods in Hinduism or being identified with major teh above Gods, the aryan gods are

Varuna, Agni, Indra et al"

Are you going under the presumption the AIT theory is true?

Even so, isn't Vishnu mentioned in the Vedas?

At least that's what somebody else said in the topic "Quetzalcoatl of Native American gods was apparently Vishnu"

Guest guest

I think your knowledge of Aryan/Dravidian gods is incorrect.

Visnu is mentioned in the Vedas so does that make him an Aryan god?, Shiva is described as the vedic god Rudra.

I don't know if durga is mentioned in the Vedas but Sarasvati & Gayatri is.

Anyway all these 'gods' are just forms or visual representations of aspects of the absolute God 'Brahman' assuming a form as 'Ishwar'.

Guest guest

How come most of the ancient paintings portray the demons as dark skinned and gods as light skinned(with a few exceptions)..Isn't that inherent racism in the ancient indian society. Maybe true hinduism doesn't espouse racism or castism, but it definately permeates indian society.

Guest guest

Indians get angry when europeans look down on them, but they are the first ones to look down upon the dravidians or the dalits. Talk about hypocrisy.