IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

kartha caste

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi, im a hindu from kerala and my caste is kartha. i belong to a kartha family from ernakulam...i was wondering if there was anyone who has heard of my caste and has any idea what kind of job my caste did...can anyone please tell me what kind of position we held in indian caste society??? i was wondering because i dont know anything about my caste, but ive heard its a pretty high caste...any help please??

Guest guest

no, that is a sudra caste. i am sure because kartha in malayalam means "dig"

the curiosity abotut what our ancestors were is good, but one needs to see (become aware of) one's natural guna and karma becasue, that determines one's varna.

it does not solve today problems

by knowing what varna our ancetors were.

if we want to solve today problems and make a future of our vedic dreams, thenwe need to bank on our own current guna and karma.

karmaNyevAdhikArast

mA phaleshhu kadAchana

Guest guest

but my family has alot of land in india and we own a couple temples and when i went to visit, they were all living in some really big houses....at my grandfather's it seemed like all the people of the village was very respectful of my grandfather, always coming to offer service as a servant....i also know that kartha was a high nair caste, my family has alwyas married into influtential brahmin families in the ernakulam area and my grandmother's sister-inlaw is the granddaughter of a cochin pricness

Guest guest

Hai Mr Ratheesh,

I do not know you yet...But I am also a kartha from ernakulam My father belongs to Cheranellore Kartha family.

By your description, I belive u also belong to the sme family.

If u are really interested in knowing abt your ancestors I may be able to help you out. Write to me at the mail Id given below..karthank@emirates.net.ae.

Regards-Nandakumar Kartha

Guest guest

are u from the kartha line that chenallore kartha who built the siva temple in ernakulam in the 1700s is from?

also, do u know if the kartha families of ernakulam all trace their heritage back to the anchi kaimals who ruled the area?

i know my family can be traced back to the mangattu kaimals who ruled alangad in the 1700s. are they one of the 5 kaimals who ruled ernakulam? anyone?

Guest guest

there is a mention about the Kartha caste in Kerala, they are Kshatriyas, branded as soodras by teh clever brahmins, pl see the site www.nairs.org for details, hinuism needs consolidation also renewal

thank prdaeep nair

Guest guest

thanks pradeep for the link to the site...it was very informative and fuels my desire to learn more about the history of my family, caste and people

god bless

Guest guest

Not all the Kartha's are respectfull family,s.I'm sorry.

I know one Kartha who made advanish off my goodness and broke my life.His name was Suresh Kartha.Does some-one knows him,because he has to pay a lot of money to me.I,m from Holland,he made his study over there...but out of my pocket....

Guest guest

Because you are a member of the Kartha family,I like to know if you know Suresh Kartha.He did a study in Holland and he lived in Thiruvalla.Please let me know.Thank you.

Guest guest

no sorry, there is no suresh kartha in my family, so far as i know. It could be a different kartha family, there are a couple.

Guest guest

Thank you for replying me,I will try to find him in another family.

Guest guest

Probing to know our ancestral history so that one can know what sampradaya he/she is in thereby he/she can follow the sampradaya prefectly & attain God.

Suppose if he finds that a particular sampradaya which he belongs doesnt suit him, then he can choose the sampradaya he wants. All genuine sampradayas lead to lotus feet of God only.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif OM NAMAH SIVAYA

/images/graemlins/smile.gif OM NAMO VENKATESAYA NAMHA

/images/graemlins/smile.gif OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VASUDEVAYA

/images/graemlins/smile.gif JAI SRI KRISHNA

Guest guest

karthas are high class nairs(the warrior/ksathriyas of kerala.there were so many karth royal/noble families.cheranellor kartha,ranni kartha,minechil kartha,karapuram kartha,anchikaimal are some former ruling families.

Guest guest

hello ..nice to see someone take pains to find about one's ancestry.. i myself happen to be a kartha and had no idea about the caste till i went through nairs.org and logan's malabar manual- by Mr. William logan.. try reading it. it's informative and entertaing. As far as i know kartha's were landlords who held vast amount of land areas and then separated this among kudians(farmers-mainly ezhavas).My grandfather owned a lot of land but lost most of it post-independence

Guest guest

my family held a very vast amt of land also and lost some and had to sell some post-independance to keep the income coming in i believe..what hfamily r u from/

Guest guest

i am certain karthas belong to sudra varna as my grandfather employs kartha men in his construction company, not just to do manual labor, but also be in charge of finances, etc...

Guest guest

how coule sudras own so much land? own so many temples? be so respected? marry into prominent families? i have memebrs of my family married into the cochin royal family...my mom was married to my dad because my dad's grandfather was a very well known lawyer. how could sudras hold so much influence?

Guest guest

all i can tell you is that kartha family worked for my grandfather, nothing more. perhaps kartha is an example of post-independence india institutions for dalits and sudras to advance? That is why your family successful, but sri krishna said it is always better to follow svadharma than someone else's dharma. i myself belong to namboodhiri family. when one follows their varna that will lead to God.

Guest guest

please search kartha under google and find personal websites of kartha people, there you will see that they are sudra.

Guest guest

my family is not post-idependance dalits advancing, we've held the land for about 500 years....we were once the rajas of mangad. we actually lost alot of land and money post-independance

Guest guest

please search "kartha" in google and view personal webwpages of kartha people, then comprare to namboodhiri/bendre/dixit, other brahmin names...compare features of peoples.

Guest guest

karthas are not as high a caste as brahmin, i'll give u that obviously...but they were very high up (part of kerala's nobility)

Guest guest

in kerala you are either brahmin or sudra. there are no kshatriyas or vaishya hindus in kerala. if you are muslim or chrisitian you either are dalit convert or of brahmin/ksatriya ancestory.