IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gautam

Nostradamus predicts Hindu victory..

Rate this topic

Jai Ganesh

Re

(Not true. Before using the decimal system wich is probably of Indian and partly Arabic origin,other calculation systems were in use in the west. These systems were good enough to make the most complicated calculations but the decimal system had a slight advance and was easier to use. Thats why europe adopted this system in the 10th century from the arabs. But before that they knew how to count and make the most difficult calculations.)

Without the concept of 0 it would be very hard to count.

how did they count and how far.

remember you thought the earth was flat not so long ago

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

Without the concept of 0 it would be very hard to count.

how did they count and how far.

Counting in millions, dividing, fraction, higher math etc were done long way before adopting decimal system ( some 1000 years ago ).

Before, for higher math the Greeks, Romans, Persians mostly used the 60 base sexagesimal system of babylonian-sumerian origin. It's base is 60.

Remnants are still there. The sexagesimal system is still in use today. It can be seen in time and angle measurements, units used in geometry and astronomical contexts that we see in our daily lives.

Decimal system in todays form is developed later on between 400-800 AD ). It surely was not the beginning of counting or math but it it all easier to use and gave more possiblities.

The concept of zero has come with the decimal system although when you dig deep in the matter it will show that it was known to babylonians at one time and also to greeks. Even Ptolomee used it also in 130 before CE. Both ways ,as a placeholder between numbers and as a standing alone number .

Guest guest

remember you thought the earth was flat not so long ago

Who is you? I never did. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But you probably mean Europeans. Yes, many of them did.... The common man in medieval times under influence of catholic church !

Ancient greeks and romans knew the earth was a sphere. It's well documented that at least as early as the sixth century BC it was known and accepted by Aristotle, Pythagoras, Euclid, and Aristarchus, among many others that they have observed ( NOT just believed ) that the earth was a sphere.

Although there were a few exeptions (Leukippos and Demokritos for example ) by the time of Eratosthenes, the sphericity of the earth was accepted by all educated Greeks and Romans.

It was even known long before CE that earth circled around the sun but a guy named Ptolomy did not want to go that far. He made the famous Ptolomy system where sun and all other planets like balls circle around a spherical earth. Anyway, the sphericity was undisputed among scholars and the Ptolomy system was even used in medieval times.

Dear GP, I would be surprised if you did not know anything about this. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guest guest

What Catholic church believed and what many European scholars believed were not the same.

Same could be said in case of India. Hindutexts teaches other astronomical things than for example great Indian scholar Aryabhatta.

But I believe this went a bit off topic. Anyway, hope I cleared things up.

Jai Ganesh

Thank you guestM

(Dear GP, I would be surprised if you did not know anything about this.)

i must admit i was not aware of this history i was told that for ordinary folks the counting would have been dificult.

Jai Shree Krishna

Guest guest

There is a very good Naadi astrologer(naadi leaves are written by sages about fate of some persons).

I had accurate predictions about me in one naadi center at Trichy,Tamilnadu.

It is Kagabhujandar naadi written by a Siddhar 2000 yrs ago.

0431 - 5532079

----------

Didn't he predict that the world would end in the year 2000,

and people were scared or something, well it didn't, and people are still believing

----------

Very good point, Govindramji. If I may add to your comments, the writings of Nostradamus are so cleverly written that one can deduce practically anything from them. One can deduce that the world would end in the year 2000, and then one can, by looking at his writing, deduce that the first deduction was wrongly deduced.

That is the only cleverness Nostradamus can be proud of.

I would not believe anything that he has written.

-----

Ancient greeks and romans knew the earth was a sphere. It's well documented that at least as early as the sixth century BC it was known and accepted by Aristotle, Pythagoras, Euclid, and Aristarchus, among many others that they have observed ( NOT just believed ) that the earth was a sphere.

------

Shathapatha Brahmana clearly states that the earth is a sphere. It was written around 3000 BC or earlier. I will constrain myself and not mention a few more startlingly brilliant observations in that great work.

Guest guest

I want Sri AMR's contact dertails to make certain important & urgent astrological enquiries. It involves the life of a person

Guest guest

Overlooked this one.

The ancient greeks explained how they got it. They knew it by observation, physical prove and explanation. One of their ways :

Ships actually recede over the horizon, disappearing hull-first. In a flat-earth model, they should simply get smaller and smaller until no longer visible.

The reverse: As a ship returned to port, first its mast tops, then the sails, and finally its hull gradually came into view.

Observation,thinking. No religious book needed

PS : thread went to far off topic with the spericity of earth, like i noticed earlier.

Guest guest

Ah.. forgot the Greeks. So any way counting based on 60 came from Mesapotomia or somewhere else and not from Europe.

Anyway, I think only Greeks were the most advanced people. I was very much impressed by their religion as well(Hellenistic thought)( Very little I read).

Guest guest

Ah.. forgot the Greeks. So any way counting based on 60 came from Mesapotomia or somewhere else and not from Europe.

That are your words not his.

He just gave an example of one of the system they used and it was not indian. They had other systems too. Some of them greek, others babylonian.

Do reasearch and you will see that Indians were not the first inventors of the later commonly used decimal system. The oldest evindence for it is in greece, egypt and in China. India has no written records before 400 BC. The others have. No records, no proof

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

The vedas are over 5000 years old:

http://www.vedah.com/org/literature/atharvaVeda/arithmaticNo.asp

The Atharvaveda Samhita (6.25.1 thru 6.25.3, 7.4.1) specially emphasizes the common relationship between one and ten, three and thirty, five and fifty, nine and ninety, clearly indicating that the persons of the Vedic age had a good grasp of the basics of decimal system for positive integers.

Your aspiring servant.

Guest guest

CONTACT INFORMATION OF ASTROLOGER RAJAGOPLAN

A.M. Rajagopalan 2, North Square Street, Triplicane, Chennai - 600 005 Phone : 855 2127

Posted by:shri, Not Given

--

I don't think Nostradamus failed, just misinterpreted the message he got.

In the mid-90s there was supposed to be an earthquake in Los Angeles and the actor Tom Cruise would arise as a national hero. There was no earthquake and Tom Cruise remains an aging movie star.

During 1990s, there were several earthquakes in West Coast including in Mexico and south, so he could mistaken it for Los Angeles. Remember, he lived nearly 200 years before America was born.

Also, Arnold Swazenegger was a European (from German I think) and when he came to America in mid-1970s, one of his friend is the famous actress Rozenne Barr. She had advice him to change his name to Tom something but Arnold refused and continued to use his current name. I read this in an interview with Arnold when Terminator 3 was released years ago.

So, Nostradamus maybe mistake Tom Cruise for Arnold based on his almost mis-name.

Also sometime in the 90s there was supposed to a cure for cancer that was found. Evidently it hasn't been found yet.

I beg your pardon ... there had been several herbal cures based on Sarawak Rainforest plants which said to can cure various diseases, including cancer.

Matter a fact, in late 1998, there was this huge legal battle between a Corporate Pharmacy company from US and Malaysia Government about this sampels of local herb plants which researchers stole from Sarawak and brought to US, then continued to paten them for their own purpose. Malaysia said it was like stealing from the locals and the closed ALL doors to Western researchers.

In 1998 we were supposed to make contact with alien lifeforms. Well, where are they? They already 5 years late.

I persume that you have forgot all the crop circles which appears suddenly during 1998 - to now, many of them warning us of great war which is impending. I think they are here but afraid of our barbaric nature.

George Bush (sr) was supposed to be re-elected as President. He didn't, and he lost to Clinton.

Yeah, but Bush Junior is in the driving seat now.

Give a man a break ... he was born and lived during 1500s and based predictions on what he knows then.

Nazis tried to help humanity get rid of backward races. How is that wrong?

It's wrong, stupid because Nazis missed Christians and Muslims who still stuck in 14th and 15th Century.

How is it that Jews who never waged war against others to convert anyone to Judaism are considered backward races when Christians and Muslims who did this for over 500 years are considered superior?

Nazis are the lowest of the low, they got what the deserved - whooping from every country in Europe.

Guest guest

Dear anyone,

Kindly provide me the address and contact number of the great kumudam astrologer AM Rajagopalan Sir. It is a life or death problem please.

Thanks,

Manu.

Guest geeth

Oh yes and I also forgot to mention..

Thursday is SSB's holy day...

But the SSB is not born in three water signs.I MEAN NOT IN SOUTH INDIA.I think the holy man born only in South India.