IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
j0v43

Who is Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

siksa can be attained outside ISKCON...

...but Prabhupada specifically said 'it is better not to mix with those outside ISKCON, for even minor differences from my teachings will cause great difficulty'...

...hence siksa outside iskcon is against Prabhupada's instructions...

Guest guest

It is important to understand, when you recite the various "Prabhupad says-isms", to whom he is speaking to. He never told me that, in fact just the opposite. I heard him say that if ISKCON goes to hell, his disciple will not follow them there. So, if you feel uncomfortable outside the temple walls, then you should stay. But he told many disciples, especially his sanyassis and senior devotees, to leave the temple and hit the streets, following in his footsteps.

Hare Krsna, ys, mnahaksadasa

Guest guest

Haribol,

Mahaksadasa, if u knew Prabhupada personally then I have no authority to make any judgements...

I guess it is ok to have siksa outside iskcon, but one must take the risk that the person giving siksa may be going against Prabhupada, since there is no authority ensuring that he is following Prabhupada...

If one is willing to take that risk, then fine...

I personally would never want to risk offending Srila Prabhupada.

Y/s

Guest guest

Haribol. The fact of the matter is that guru-tattwa, meaning the absolute truth regarding relationship between guru and disciple, if just as much the responsibility of the disciple as the guru. Srila Prabhupada confirms this always when he discusses how one can become a bonafide disciple of a bonafide spiritual master. He uses the example of procreation, that the male must be potent, and the female must be fertile. If the male has no potency, then the fertility of the female has no pertenance whatsoever, pregnancy does not take place, and vice versa.

Srila Prabhupada has done what no one else has. He has provided us with absolute criteria on how to decide whom we hear from. He has given us his masterpiece literature to hold all others accountable.

Out of the hundreds of personally delivered lectures, the hundreds of lectures from his tape ministry, and in all his written works, I have never experianced the slightest deviation in what Sriman Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa teaches to the message of Srila Prabhupada. There is also Srila Prabhupada's expressed pleasure in the preaching of this favored disciple of his. Therefore, I feel there is no risk, only expansion and explanation from a bonafide disciple of a bonafide spiritual master.

Many have criticized over the decades, yet no one can show how he deviates. He may open up the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ that were not widely taught by Srila Prabhupada, but Srila Prabhupada had many devotees engaged in presenting such missionary work of Lord Jesus Christ to verify the Supreme Lords version to the largely christian west. There is still no deviation, because Jesus is presented as Vaisnava authority, which is claimed by Srila Prabhupada as well as previous acaryas like Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura.

Srila Prabhupada invested all transcendental energy in his disciples. He is certainly not offended by anyone who hears from such disciples who have taken his mission to give Krsna to the entire world seriously.

As the responsibility of guru-tattwa equally rests with the disciple, as explained above, the one a person hears from with humble submission MUST be put to the test, as Srila Prabhupada invited each and every one of his disciples to put him through. If one is unwilling to TEST the authenticity of a teacher, then such a person should neither accept nor reject.

I put Siddha thru the test, and I was most offensive in my dealings with him. Rather than depending on the Lord in the Heart, the ultimate Guru there to guide us, I submitted to the rumor mongerers and the nay sayers, and insanity soon overcame me, losing connection with Srila Prabhupada and his bonafide disciples, including Siddha. Siddha proved his authenticity by not taking my offenses to him very seriously, although to this day, I cannot forgive myself for failing both him and Srila Prabhupada.

There is no risk in hearing from a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, nor is there rish in choosing not to hear from such a person. The risk comes when one does like I did, preaching against those whose only desaire is for my rememberance of my relationship with the supreme lord.

There are gurus with disciples that I am not attracted to, but I do not (any more) try to interfere with their service. Srila Prabhupada knew that many of his disciples would eventually have disciples of their own, and there is no evidence that he disapproved of such things. His only disapproval came if one was accepting disciples while he was still present, and Siddha set a masterful example by submitting all his disciples to Srila Prabhupadas lotus feet. Because the eventuaLITY OF A FEW (IF NOT MANY) spiritual masters, Srila Prabhupada often spoke of unity in diversity. We are united under his ultimate direction to always practice the nine processes of devotional service, yet there may be a bit of diversity among the various schools teaching Bhakti yoga under his direction. Jagat Guru means guru of all, not just members of a particular foundation, and this is Srila Prabhupadas position.

For those who missed his final order, or made up a final order based loosely on directives not contained in his books, his desire is that we all cooperate. Cooperate means to have nothing but great respect for the selfless vaisnava, even those not in our particular school.

The intent of my writing here is to promote this cooperation, not a particular school. The bonafide disciples, those who do not deviate from His message of devotion to the Supreme Lord, are worthy of worship, not undue criticism.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

I am very much gladdened by your comments...

...I'm sure, however, that me being relatively new to Krishna COnsciousness, you would agree that I should stick with ISKCON gurus in order to make sure I am following somebody following Prabhupada, at least till I have complete knowledge of what Prabhupada's criteria for guru is...

Guest guest

see iskcon laws... neither gbcs guarantee that the gurus they recommend are real gurus

prabhupada wants that you surrender to an uttama adhikari, the organization is secondary

if there's a pure devotee, there's vrindavan, krsna, radhe, gopis and so on... and where there's such things there's also prabhupada, and prabhupad's iskcon

(the war with gaudya math is a fake, if we were following really prabhupada's will, we would be now all together.... check lilamrita and conversations... iskcon in this matter is not following prabhupada)

Guest guest

Haribol. ISKCON, indeed, does not authorize gurus, any more than Srila Prabhupada appointed gurus. Guru-tattwa is entirely between the self and the superself, just as described in Bhagavad Gita as it is.

ISKCON is a learning center, the books are available, the disciples of Srila Prabhupada are available for guidance, the deity worship is going on. There is a certain stability there, association, not only with advanced devotees, but also with devotees who are beginning, and I personally think this is very important. A five year old goes to kindergarten, not for the teachers, but for the other kids. Hopefully, ISKCON will kinder this spirit among the newcomers, remembering how valuable it was when Srila Prabhupada began this foundation.

The main thing is to chant, read Srila Prabhupadas books, and ask Krsna for guidance, and He will surely provide what is needed, including all three types of gurus, to the sincere person.

Good fortune, and hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

u said u heard Prabhupada say...

were u a disciple?

it would be interesting to hear from a disciple about his experiences

Guest guest

Haribol. My website is at

http://www.geocities.com/mahaksadasa

mahaksa_d@hotmail.com

I am an insignificant disciple, who received initiation in 1973 from Srila Prabhupada. My experiances have been widely detailed on the internet, go google search and type "mahaksadasa".

Warning: In the past, I have been opinionated, but I gave up all wars against all disciples of Srila Prabhupada a couple of years ago. If you should happen to read something that is against my present determined effort to show respect and offer cooperation to all my peers, please let me know, via e-mail, for two reasons, 1. so I may clarify my posaition, and 2. so I can trash the article.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

why would you be interested in hearing from just anyone on who anyone is? Insane!!!!!! The offenses you may hear. Krishna is in your heart, why don't you go there. Krishna says that anyone who offends Him can be forgiven by chanting His names, but anyone who offends His devotee has no hope and is condemned. Only Krishna can answer your question ... not a board of people or anyone else ... not even the pure devotee will tell you about someone's relationship with Krishna ... that is for you to find out from within. Please consider this.

Guest guest

If someone inquires into a personality with intent to hear from someone who actually knows the absolute truth, such inquiry is perfectly just and advisable.

Of course, if the question is asked with a sneer, then what you say is quite valid, because one who is offensive is like a snake, who even though may be fed nectar, only has the gland of poison invigorated.

On message boards like this, there are rascals who are like such snakes, but the sincere seekers of Raja Vidya (The king of Knowledge) are numerous, and may even be the majority.

Also, we cannot count out those who do make offense. The story of Jagai and Madhai is our model here. They viciously attacked Lord Nityananda, who was only begging them to Chant Hare Krsna. Lord Chaitanya appeared immediately, armed with sudarsana chakra, ready to send them into non-existance, a fate worse than death itself, yet, Lord Nityananda interceded on behalf of the drunken brothers.

The beginning of Krsna Consciopusness is full of offensive behavior, thus such persons are referred to as kanistha adhikaris. Offense is expected, yet the great devotees tolerate such imaturity, like a mother will tolerate her childs hitting, kicking, and biting.

This particular devotee, a renowned disciple of Srila Prabhupada, is such a person. He forgives offense due to immaturity, as he did in my case. The offenses I hear when this devotees name comes up on the internet are quite minor compared to mine, for I was a traitor to his cause. I was not an infant, I had seen first hand his connection in love with Srila Prabhupada, but I was not careful, and despite my careful planting of seeds, may garden was trampled by elephants. I forgot about the fence to protect my garden, meaning I understood bhakti, but did not PRACTICE the science.

The gresat devotees forgive even before we offend, and I offer my obiesancies to such great personalities. The suicide we commit by vaisnava aparadha can be rectified, just as Jagai and Madhai reformed by taking to the Names given by the Lord whom they offended. My regret for my actions is the apology, continuation (re-starting) of the sadhana bhakti PRACTICE is verification that the apology is accepted (because one cannot do this without the favor of the devotees of the Supreme Lord), and this is the uniquely profound lesson Sriman Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa has given me.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

I was wondering now that every prominent preacher in Gaudiya Vaishnava tradition having a website..how come this Maharaj do not have any website..? Is it purposeful ?

thanks

Guest guest

Siddhaswarupananda prabhu's mission is very private and very exclusive. You must be more qualified to get more information.

Guest guest

Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda opened my eyes...He gives me a chance to know the Supreme Personality of Godhead...He is the external manifestation of Krishna!!

Guest guest

Namaste Haribol,

I would like to let you know that Srila Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa is a bonafide representative of God.He has come in a long line of spiritual teachers which originated with God Himself. If you would like to know him more, pls. sincerely pray to the lord within your heart and Krsna will let you know that he is, a true representative of God. Keep chanting!!! Haribol!!!

a sincere jiva atma

feign812@

Guest guest

All glories to Krishna's pure representative Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupanda Paramahamsa Prabhupada

What ever a Paramahamsa does he does in order to serve Krishna. No one can know the mind of such a great soul. Jagad Guru took sannyasa for preaching purposes and gave it up for the same reason.

Who could criticize such an action. Even Lord Nityananda took Sannyasa and then gave it up and he is Lord Balarama the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Real renunciation means doing everything in Krishna's service it does not require a certain dress or name. Jagad Guru has many qualified renunciate disciples who are sannyasa in every meaning of the word but who do not take on the external appearance of a sannyasa or the big name that goes with it.

One should feel lower than the straw in the street and not become a sannyasa for adoration or to get a big title. Sannyasa is a mentality more than anything.

I hope this answers your question.

Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Guest guest

PAMHO

I am impressed with the answer. Can you give scriptural evidence that Nityananda was a sannyasi?

Guest guest

I have seen some visitor writing the meaning of Jagat Guru.

In reality to-day at present world no one is Jagatguru. The reason is meaning of Jagat is World , Guru means Teachers of teacher. there fore Jagat Guru means Teachers of Teacher of whole world. At present world all people not accepting one person as guru. when whole world people accepting one person as Guru who is called Jagat Guru. That is Suprem Father. Who is act as Father,Teacher and satguru

This is real Gyan from the suprem father

Godly service

pbk

Guest guest

Thank you for your input Gyan.

Any of Jagad Guru's disciples want to talk philosophy.?

haribol

Guest guest

Does anyone on here know how to contact Jagat Guru. I used to hear him in the 80's and I had contact with Krishna Dasi, but he seems to have "disappeared". I live in Northern California. Are there any disciples out here who would like to talk with or meet me?

Sincerely:

Daniel Ross You can contact me at bgnrsmnd@