IndiaDivine.org
photoarman

Help me correct the unique Mantra of Lord Surya, please...

Rate this topic

Namaste:

On a portal site of Hinduism I found a Surya mantra that I think to be genuine and basically trustworthy. However there may be a few errors in the English version, shown as follows:

prophet666.com-541.gif

First three obvious mistakes(the latter is my correction) I'd like to correct and gain your support are:

1)chakra/cakra: the latter is right; there is NO chakra in Sanskrit.

2)saptanshu/saptaamshu: the latter is right!

3)Kroum/Krom: the latter is right?

If there are any more errors in the English version(I basically trust its Sanskrit version and its source), please point it out as well.

Now the real confusion is ruDha(ya): there's only ruuDha in Sanskrit dictionary, and it has multiple meanings(And I don't know which one may apply to the mantra). If I stick to the principle that all Sanskrit mantras are meaningful, then even the Sanskrit word should be corrected.

Which should I adopt? ruDha(ya) or ruuDha(ya)? Please kindly advise. Thanks a lot.

Namaste. The mantra says "Klesha hastaaya". Why would Surya bhagavan have kleshas or afflictions in his hand ? I dont say that this makes this unauthentic, but it means there could be some problem with it.It is good that you are trying to understand the meaning, but the task may be more than a bit beyond you( and me as well:-)). Chakra( I guess pronounced as Sha-kra) would be Indra.Chakra ( Ch as in Chain and not as in Chateau) would be a wheel- could refer to Sudarshana. Each mantra is used for a particular purpose.Not all mantras are used generically to get close to the Devatha. Some of them are for a prayoga. I suggest you do not take this up without more information on what this is for. Websites may not be the best place to get that information.