IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
VibhutiGanesh

At the cost of Common Sense..!

Rate this topic

Common Sense in Counselling

A bachelor was humbly worshiping lord Hanumanji with deep faith. Pleased with his devotion, once the lord appeared before him and offered him to ask for a boon. The man was thrilled and asked "O lord, if you really are pleased with me, get me a beautiful wife."

'Son, don't you know? I cannot fulfill this wish of yours..! You should know, if I had such a power to my command I should never been a bachelor myself..!

Now, this is a joke but it speaks a lot about rationale of any remedy. There are people who, because of their little knowledge of astrology, prescribe remedies without proper investigation of the individual case. As a result, the native does not benefit from the remedy. Even there are cases that rather than helping the native, the remedy aggravates the problems.

A simple illustration here would suffice to make my point clear. If you observe a Vaidya prescribing course of treatment to his patients, you will see that to some patients the vaidya advise that the medicine be taken with milk; and to others, he altogether forbids consuming milk. You would now appreciate that a Remedy can be an elixir for one can turn into a curse if imitated blindly.

I have seen that many of my friends, without realizing the tendency and objectives of their clients, prescribe remedies to give more strength to Jupiter. They simply rely on the beneficial power of Jupiter. Now, if we know the characteristics of Jupiter; we know that Jupiter signifies Honesty, Morale, Values, justice and righteousness. These are all the attributes a Teacher represents. In Vedic mythology Jupiter is named as Brihaspati, the Deva Guru. Let us assume, the native in question is not a gentleman and he wants to get relief in a criminal case where he really is a culprit. I don't know how can we believe that contrary to its natural significance, Jupiter would help this person? On the contrary, a teacher would, with an intention to deter him from following wrongs, surely impart due punishment.

The other thing that one should keep in mind is about the Desh-kala. The relevance of Time and Place and societal values. We must know that many of the things narrated in classical astrological works were meant for Satyuga and for the people who explored astrology for augmenting their spiritual development. It should be a matter of common sense that those attributes cannot be true in the present era. The total environment is different and so are the objectives and intents.

There are other dimensions of the transgression of the age. For example, in the classical texts issue of living abroad refers to a condition where the native moves out of the boundaries of the kingdom of the respective king. At times it referred to the ousting of a person from the geographical area as a punishment inflicted by the king. The concept of immigration for better life did not exist as it is today. Thus it was natural for the astrologers of old age to relate the malefic planets for such happenings. However, in today's society the concept has changed. Today, people are anxious to find yogas for foreign journey, immigration etc. as a sign of progress. Therefore, if we apply the classical astrological yogas, the result might be erroneous.

Similarly, in ancient times, judicial profession was related with planet Jupiter as it signifies qualities like righteousness and justice. However, in present context we know that an average law professional has nothing to do with genuine justice. The malpractices they adopt and the out-of-door settlement they profess are quite known. So, if we try to relate Jupiter to the present day law profession, we might go wrong.