IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

silk?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It seems to vary according to each local group... some of them choose not to allow animal ads, others do. Our local one used to but there were so many rabbits and other pets being advertised it got out of hand and they decided to stop it and told people to take animals to the rehoming centre instead.

Opalline

On Behalf Of jo.heartwork14 September 2009 17:45 Subject: Re: silk?

Hopefully they don't deal with animals - they certainly don't in this area.

Jo

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not theintended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error hasmisdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems issubject to monitoring and auditing."

Guest guest

Hi re keeping chickens, I've kept chickens for a couple of years now, I know a

lot of people don't like caged birds but some of mine are ex battery hens and

i've made a committment to ALL my future birds being ex-batts. And to be honest,

they are the easiest animal I have ever kept. They don't need cleaning out every

day, once or twice a week is sufficient provided you don't have too many for the

space you've got. Yes you need to keep them clean, and yes I do dust my hen

house either with red mite powder, or diatom which is diatomaceous earth which

is a natural substance and not a chemical. My hens have never had lice or red

mite, I used to keep a cockerel but now just have girls, and apart from one

noisy old bird the rest make hardly any noise. Its certainly no worse than

children playing or a dog occasionally barking. They only really shout if

they're alarmed or sometimes one will announce that she's laid an egg. Keeping

hens, particularly keeping ex-batts, watching them feather up, learn how to be

real chickens and scratch about with the sun on their backs, well, I know

they're still caged at my house but it's better than ending up on the compost

heap.

Bex

Guest guest

i've had rescued hens as well in the past

clean up? they never even used their henhouse...they'd rather fly up and roost in the trees at night.

"pinkerbex" Sep 15, 2009 3:51 PM Re: silk?

Hi re keeping chickens, I've kept chickens for a couple of years now, I know a lot of people don't like caged birds but some of mine are ex battery hens and i've made a committment to ALL my future birds being ex-batts. And to be honest, they are the easiest animal I have ever kept. They don't need cleaning out every day, once or twice a week is sufficient provided you don't have too many for the space you've got. Yes you need to keep them clean, and yes I do dust my hen house either with red mite powder, or diatom which is diatomaceous earth which is a natural substance and not a chemical. My hens have never had lice or red mite, I used to keep a cockerel but now just have girls, and apart from one noisy old bird the rest make hardly any noise. Its certainly no worse than children playing or a dog occasionally barking. They only really shout if they're alarmed or sometimes one will announce that she's laid an egg. Keeping hens, particularly keeping ex-batts, watching them feather up, learn how to be real chickens and scratch about with the sun on their backs, well, I know they're still caged at my house but it's better than ending up on the compost heap.Bex

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."

Guest guest

The foxes eat them here if you leave them out - even before it gets dark. One

friend has lost 8 hens on different occasions.

Guest guest

I just heard today that there are chicken diapers for people to put on their chickens if they want to let them in the house and even sleep with them, I'm not kidding.Patricia--- On Tue, 9/15/09, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Re: silk? Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 3:19 PM

i've had rescued hens as well in the past

clean up? they never even used their henhouse...they'd rather fly up and roost in the trees at night.

"pinkerbex" Sep 15, 2009 3:51 PM Re: silk?

Hi re keeping chickens, I've kept chickens for a couple of years now, I know a lot of people don't like caged birds but some of mine are ex battery hens and i've made a committment to ALL my future birds being ex-batts. And to be honest, they are the easiest animal I have ever kept. They don't need cleaning out every day, once or twice a week is sufficient provided you don't have too many for the space you've got. Yes you need to keep them clean, and yes I do dust my hen house either with red mite powder, or diatom which is diatomaceous earth which is a natural substance and not a chemical. My hens have never had lice or red mite, I used to keep a cockerel but now just have girls, and apart from one noisy old bird the rest make hardly any noise. Its certainly no worse than children playing or a dog occasionally barking. They only really shout if they're alarmed or sometimes one will announce that she's laid an egg. Keeping hens, particularly

keeping ex-batts, watching them feather up, learn how to be real chickens and scratch about with the sun on their backs, well, I know they're still caged at my house but it's better than ending up on the compost heap.Bex

"Hobbes: Do you think there's a God? Calvin: Well, SOMEBODY'S out to get me."