IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Humanity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Cathy

I think that is sad.

I know when I told my mum I was pregnant she cried and said she didn't want to be a grandma. I was shocked - I was happily married at the time, but could never understand that attitude. I think it reminded her she was getting old. She loved my daughter very much, and I have photos of her holding her as a baby. She died when Laura was 20 months old.

Jo

Having just had my ability to send emails restored to me after an excruciating 2 week break, there are some old posts on which I would like to comment.

Both my parents (who split some 36 years ago and haven't seen each other for 29 of those) have said within the last 10 years that they would not have children if they had their lives to live again. For my mother, I think she felt trapped by my existence after the divorce, for my father who doesn't particularly like women (except in *that* way!) I think it was more a case of he wouldn't have had children if he's known that he would *only* have daughters. As I view parenthood with alarm myself, I didn't take either of these personally and quite agreed with them!

In fact when I turned up at my mother's house some 15 years ago with good news to tell, her exact words were, "Oh God, you're not pregnant are you?", said in a disgusted rather than an alarmed tone. I did rather take offence at that!

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.313 / Virus Database: 174 - Release 02/01/02

Guest guest

Cathy

I'm really surprised to hear you say this, Peter. I agree that some vegans leave a lot to be desired in the charm department, but what failing could be worse than causing the painful, terror-stricken death of thousands of creatures?

I don't think it is worse, but the same - to kill off lots of humans, as goes on all the time - after all humans are animals as well. People who are not moved by that fact are as bad who do not care about animals. Balance in all things is a good motto.

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.313 / Virus Database: 174 - Release 02/01/02

Guest guest

I'm glad they had you -----so their opinions are not important !!!!! I'm sure others would agree with me too . They lost a lot by not appreciating you . I just wish I could get to know you better Angie

-

Cathy Jupp (BR)

Friday, February 01, 2002 8:07 PM

Re: Re: Humanity

Hi all

Having just had my ability to send emails restored to me after an excruciating 2 week break, there are some old posts on which I would like to comment.

-

Jo

It would be very worrying if your parents agreed that you shouldn't breed!Would they be trying to tell you something? :-)

Both my parents (who split some 36 years ago and haven't seen each other for 29 of those) have said within the last 10 years that they would not have children if they had their lives to live again. For my mother, I think she felt trapped by my existence after the divorce, for my father who doesn't particularly like women (except in *that* way!) I think it was more a case of he wouldn't have had children if he's known that he would *only* have daughters. As I view parenthood with alarm myself, I didn't take either of these personally and quite agreed with them!

In fact when I turned up at my mother's house some 15 years ago with good news to tell, her exact words were, "Oh God, you're not pregnant are you?", said in a disgusted rather than an alarmed tone. I did rather take offence at that!

Cheers.

CathyTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Angie (short for Angel, in case anyone was in any doubt!) Bless your little cottons! I probably should have made it clearer - neither was being mean, they were simply talking about the effect that parenthood has on your life, and how neither of them realised how big it would be and how no one prepares young people for the realities. Neither was saying that they hate me or anything, just that they would have taken a different path had they known. I certainly was not offended. And although my father is rather distant, my mother does "appreciate" me - in her own unique fashion!

I value your friendship and we will get to know each other better. I'm hopeful that there's another Brighton day coming up - are you still planning to be down in March? K@ has yes to reply to an email I sent on the subject, but then there's no guarantee that it will have got through!

Love

Cathy

x

p.s.Will you be at the HLS demo on the 16th? I've booked my seat. This question to everyone.

-

Angie Wright

Saturday, February 02, 2002 1:47 AM

Re: Re: Humanity

I'm glad they had you -----so their opinions are not important !!!!! I'm sure others would agree with me too . They lost a lot by not appreciating you . I just wish I could get to know you better Angie

Guest guest

Absolutely! But at the risk of keeping on, Peter said that some vegans did *worse* things than eating meat - I don't know any mass-murdering vegans! Oh well, we all say things that shouldn't be taken too literally! Certainly not worth falling out over! :-)

Cathy

-

Jo

I don't think it is worse, but the same - to kill off lots of humans, as goes on all the time - after all humans are animals as well. People who are not moved by that fact are as bad who do not care about animals. Balance in all things is a good motto.

Jo

Guest guest

I agree with you Angie.

Jo