IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Denim 'best protection from sun'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

[[ and, while i luv my furkids to pieces...

"domestication" seems rather greedy and one sided on our part

we make something that WE want....

we breed something that WE want...

sorta doesn't sit well with me... ]]

Why? Many experts now think that the domestication of dogs, at any rate, was mostly on the initiative of the dogs. Certainly it couldn't have happened without their cooperation. Not just any species CAN be domesticated, as the ancient Egyptians learned. (Many of their attempts were failures.) In any case today's domesticated animals have been that way for millennia. Since they can't speak, we don't KNOW what they want, but the behavior of your furkids strongly suggests they want to be with you just as much as you want them to be. How is it one-sided? I take care of my own furkids; it isn't the other way around.

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:08 PM

Re: Re: Denim 'best protection from sun'

and, while i luv my furkids to pieces...

sorta doesn't sit well with me...

Peter Kebbell May 16, 2007 4:10 AM Re: Re: Denim 'best protection from sun'

I don't see why a world with no domesticated animals would mean no contact between animals and humans. I get on really well with wild birds, and love to sit in parks and converse with them.

BB

Peter There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Animals have always headed straight for you :-) I too love watching the birds and squirrels etc.

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:10 AM

I don't see why a world with no domesticated animals would mean no contact between animals and humans. I get on really well with wild birds, and love to sit in parks and converse with them.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

..... but then most people eat animals as well - which makes them a little strange if they feel they need some to love and some to eat.

Jo

-

Oom Yaaqub

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:11 PM

[[ I don't see why a world with no domesticated animals would mean no contact between animals and humans. I get on really well with wild birds, and love to sit in parks and converse with them.

BB

Peter]]

Where I live, there's a $300 fine just for feeding pigeons. We do have an abundance of wild turkeys and hawks, even within the city limits. I admit it's always a thrill to see them, but I don't think it would be quite enough for most people.

Guest guest

Animals usually stay with their 'owners' because they get fed. If you didn't feed them it is highly unlikely that they would stay with you. Dogs in particular would go off and find their own food, usually meeting up with other dogs to form packs. Dogs also do look after their 'owners' - if someone tries to harm them. Cats stay because they have comfort and warmth. If they weren't allowed indoors at all, or weren't fed, they would go somewhere else. Birds, if let out of cages, would fly off to find food if they were not fed. Much as animals can love the people who look after them, they don't stay just because of that love.

Jo

-

Oom Yaaqub

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:23 PM

[[ and, while i luv my furkids to pieces...

sorta doesn't sit well with me... ]]

Why? Many experts now think that the domestication of dogs, at any rate, was mostly on the initiative of the dogs. Certainly it couldn't have happened without their cooperation. Not just any species CAN be domesticated, as the ancient Egyptians learned. (Many of their attempts were failures.) In any case today's domesticated animals have been that way for millennia. Since they can't speak, we don't KNOW what they want, but the behavior of your furkids strongly suggests they want to be with you just as much as you want them to be. How is it one-sided? I take care of my own furkids; it isn't the other way around.

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:08 PM

and, while i luv my furkids to pieces...

sorta doesn't sit well with me...

Peter Kebbell May 16, 2007 4:10 AM Re: Re: Denim 'best protection from sun'

BB

Peter There is power in a factory, power in the land

Power in the hands of a worker

But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand

There is power in a Union

Now the lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood

The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for

From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud

War has always been the bosses' way, sir

Guest guest

[[Much as animals can love the people who look after them, they don't stay just because of that love.]]

Perhaps not, but I doubt if I'd stay with my husband if he just plain refused to work or share any of his paycheck to put food on the table either, LOL!

Guest guest

I dont feel guilty about my fur kids, they might not be alive now if I hadnt rescued them ( at least 1 would certainly have died ). They have the run of the house, go out when they feel like it, have food and drink when they want it and somewhere comfy and warm to sleep. Bloody spongers,............get a job! wish I was a cat............. The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: and, while i luv my furkids

to pieces... "domestication" seems rather greedy and one sided on our part we make something that WE want.... we breed something that WE want... sorta doesn't sit well with me... Peter Kebbell May 16, 2007 4:10 AM Re: Re: Denim 'best protection from sun' I don't see why a world with no domesticated animals would mean no contact between animals and humans. I get on really well with wild birds, and love to sit in parks and converse with them. BB Peter There is power in a factory, power in the land Power in the hands of a worker But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand There is power in a Union Now the

lessons of the past were all learned with workers' blood The mistakes of the bosses we must pay for From the cities and the farmlands to trenches full of mud War has always been the bosses' way, sir Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Must be a Peter thing as I too have that gift............strangely works with babies............wierd............. The Valley Vegan..................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter Animals have always headed straight for you :-) I too love watching the birds and squirrels etc. Jo - Peter Kebbell Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:10 AM Re: Re: Denim 'best protection from sun' I don't see why a world with no domesticated animals would mean no contact between animals and humans. I get on really well with wild birds, and love to sit in parks and converse with them. BB Peter Peter H

Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try

it now.